Reviews for Friendship, Courage, and Coffee
Lucy chapter 2 . 3/30/2006
Finally a non-movie Titanic fic! And a Lowe one at that. Clearly you know your stuff, it was great.
MG chapter 2 . 1/4/2006
Amazing story, very moving and incredibly well written
Julia chapter 2 . 8/30/2005
WOW...Thats all I can say!

I really loved this story !

I like stories written from the view of an officer and that was ,I think the best Titanic ff Ive ever read.

Im sorry that my english isnt so well, cause I dont speak English normally. But back to your ff.

Those kind of stories are often much better than Rose, Jack..huhu and so on, although I dont want to say , those stories are bad. But there are very much of them and therefore, and because of your wonderful writing stil, I like your ff very much.

Go on like that!

Many Greetings, from Munich, Germany

Yours , Julia
Princess Charly chapter 2 . 4/17/2005
Wow, that is the best fic I have EVER and am likely EVER to read, u have amazing talent. And yeah I totally agree why COULDN'T the film be more about the officers and not Jack and Rose hu where amazing and all but just got a bit sickening after a while. I cried at ur story it was trully brilliant! Very very very well done!
Cerrita chapter 2 . 8/30/2004
Wow, what a wonderful story. That was so well written I was almost crying along with Lowe about Moody dying.

Just... wow.
marylinusca chapter 2 . 7/9/2004
This story was highly recommended on the 'Encyclopedia Titanica' website, so I had to read it.

A very poignant story. I don't know what the real relations were among the officers; but this seemed true to life. True to what I have read about Mr. Lowe and about Titanic anyway, and relations among co-workers. {So refreshing to read a researched story.}

Mr. Lowe's courage and his leadership in organizing the rescue - and his sounding off at Mr. Ismay - were well portrayed. Mr. Lowe was indeed a hero, and this story gave him his due. I'm also sure the real survivors felt what this author showed so well in Mr. Lowe's grief for Mr. Moody and his post-traumatic stress. And that last line "Come home, son..." brought the tragedy home.

One of the best Titanic stories. Well done.
Budding Authoress chapter 2 . 8/22/2003
I love it! You actually did reasearch on Lowe, and you got it exactly right (except maybe the part about the coffee.) I love Ioan Gruffudd (Who played Lowe) and I was hoping someone would write a story about him. Thank you!
JustDeleteMe chapter 2 . 12/7/2002
Oh. My. Gosh.

That was wonderful!

That's all I can say. I'm speechless.
blackmage718 chapter 2 . 3/25/2002
I loved this story!

You portrayed all the officers so well!
Officerfan chapter 2 . 8/28/2001
Long time Titanic (true story, not the fictional tale of first/third class love) devotee, I've only recently began reading "fanfiction". I hope they're all this good! I particularly admired the heroism of the officers, and I thought your story truly demonstrated just how devoted they were to their jobs. Your idea of telling the story from the view point of an officer was particulalry refreshing!
Derry chapter 1 . 7/13/2001
Fan-bloody-tastic! Why couldn't the movie have been about these REAL heroes and not bloody Jack & Rose! A beautifully written, entirely credible and hugely moving story. I salute you.
Kaz chapter 2 . 3/14/2001
Magnificent work. Moreover, you took a minor character from the film, who was yet a major player historically, and created a life for him. I'm very impressed. I was a Titanic buff before the film ever came out, and Harold Lowe's testimonies are important to our understanding of that infamous evening.

Thanks for a well-written and fascinating story.
leiamoody Kritina Johnston chapter 2 . 2/23/2001
This story is still amazing, no matter how many times I've read it. It's time for the real people of the "Titanic" to have their places in the sun, not the Hollywood nonsense. Thanks for caring and remembering them.
SCUZ chapter 2 . 2/5/2001
Wow! I looked in the Titanic section for a laugh, instead I find this kick-ass story. Very well written, good use of quotes and a fresh perspective from the fifth officer. Now you're the first person to get a perfect review score from me. Congratulations.
Buttercup7 chapter 1 . 2/4/2001
nice concept for the story. GOod story line.