Reviews for A Day In The Life Of George Mason
Kate Swynford chapter 12 . 6/1/2007
George was my favourite character and your fic did him justice. It made me laugh and it made me cry. The ending was heartbreaking, but the last chapter was actually uplifting in a bittersweet sort of way. I wish he didn't have to die. Thank you!
unwinding fantasy chapter 12 . 8/31/2004
*sniff* It's really over. Fantastically heartwrenching, especially the epilogue. Hope to see more from you.

UndercoverAlice chapter 12 . 8/31/2004
a wonderful ending to a fantastic story for a brilliant character. you've done a good job on George's sarcasm and his emotions.

i thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

overall, a good job
Bluenose chapter 12 . 8/30/2004
Great story and a fitting tribute to a misunderstood character. Great job.
unwinding fantasy chapter 10 . 8/27/2004
Sorry I've been kinda neglecting your fic lately. I have so much on my plate at the moment I can't even update my own stuff! .

As usual, a wonderful depiction of George's last hours. I especially loved: "Oh meow, George thought. This could be fun." Yes, Carrie is evil but I suppose she'd be the kind of no-nonsense, by-the-book employee George would like to have around.

Keep up the good work, ya hear?

Bluenose chapter 10 . 8/26/2004
Really sad, really good
Bluenose chapter 9 . 8/15/2004
You know, I know what's going to happen to George, and you're still making me hope that SOMEHOW he's going to get out of this. Great fic.
Joe's girl chapter 3 . 7/26/2004
I love this story! George was a great character - the guy everyone loved to hate. Getting into George's head is a lot of fun. Thanks for writing.
unwinding fantasy chapter 4 . 7/26/2004
The George/John scene was so beautiful; I could see it playing out right before my eyes. That last line, ("...this time it was the pain in his soul that doubled him over.") was simply amazing. I know I keep saying this but poor George. I truly feel for him.

"On top of everything else Jack’s idiot daughter is in trouble again!"

Lol, go George! _ But he really should control that anger; I'm sure Reza doesn't appreciate being on the receiving end of it. Though George does have a reason to be upset. The thoughts going through his head at that moment are simply perfect, and I like how the knowledge that his life will be over in a couple of hours makes him more reckless. Then the transition to throwing up in the bathroom and realising he's probably taking too many of those pills... Great stuff.

Chapter 7. I like the little boost of humour ("I’m sure glad I never slept with her!") to take away from the otherwise dark atmosphere.

More favourite lines: "Now, it had come full circle and he was like a bystander at the side of the road, standing there gawping at the traffic accident on the other side." Your use of imagery is excellent. Hope you put in a lot more of these interesting descriptions.

George's private reconciliation with Jack is well-written. The fact that he admits Jack's the perfect operative only to then go and call him insane is so George-like. I hate when people start complaining about a "not mushy enough" scene. Also, confessing he is afraid to die makes him seem more real, not like Superman, and that's what I like about George.

Love the exchange between George and Michelle at the end, his feelings about expressing emotions etc. Heck, love the whole damn fic! Better stop rambling now - I'm wasting valuable review space! Then again, it's always nice to have some praise, no? _

Bluenose chapter 7 . 7/19/2004
Great story, George's frustration at Jack's inabiltiy to die is very in character and a beautiful scene at teh end between Michelle and Mason. I always liked that scene in the show, and this captured it perfectly.
Mandi5 chapter 3 . 7/19/2004
Thank you. But please keep in mind that this is taken from the episodes, and I'm only writing George's thought's and emotions.

Will go and learn how to spell Nina's surname now.

D'oh!
unwinding fantasy chapter 3 . 7/16/2004
What's wrong with the people around here? Are there no fans of 24? Or do they just dislike good stories? *shakes head sadly* Your fic is a hundred times better than the majority I have seen in other sections. No joke.

I loved the little exchange between Jack and George at the end. It's like they've finally come to understand one another. I also like the way you explore what's going on in George's mind, particularly during the interrogation scene. I'd be freaking out if one of my employees was practically destroying my career, too.

You write George in denial extremely well. In fact, you're an ace when it comes to conveying character's emotions. Even ones that are playing a minor role in George's hectic day, such as Michelle.

My favourite part though would have to be how George used to fancy Nina. I would never have picked it but the way you write makes it seem totally believable. I suppose Nina is (or should I say was!) a very attractive woman.

One other little nitpick (I hate correcting people): Nina's surname is spelt Myers.

unwinding fantasy chapter 2 . 7/16/2004
It just keeps getting better. Your story, I mean, not George's day. _~ I feel so sorry for him, sadder than I ever felt watching 24. You give a wonderful insight of his feelings, especially dealing with Paula i.e. how he's used to being a grumpy old guy and now he's suddenly been flung into a role he has no idea how to play. I really felt for him.

The only nitpick I really have is at the start of the fifth paragraph where George says CTU is in a mess, "like a bomb's just gone off." Considering he already knew from Tony about the bomb, it seems a little wrong to put this here. Maybe "like a tornado just swept through," or something else along those lines. Apart from that, though, this is great.

unwinding fantasy chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Wow! This is amazingly well-written. I love the way you write George. His inner sarcasm is perfect, just the kind of thing I'd expect from him. I especially loved:

"...and that's when George knew for certain that Jack had lost it. Because only a complete nutcase would shoot dead a federal witness in custody!"

I'll make sure to read the rest some time soon but I have some work to do... it's eating me alive at the moment. o.O

UndercoverAlice chapter 6 . 7/14/2004
Brilliant as always. update soon