Reviews for For What They Have Lost
KatzeIason69 chapter 7 . 3/29/2013
really great story. glad they could all work thing's out in the in.:}
niver chapter 7 . 10/5/2008
This was a very nice story. Very good ending.
allie351 chapter 7 . 10/3/2004
All I can say is wow...your story had me hooked from the first sentence and I've never been that hooked on any story, even the ones I read almost every day. You did an excellent job depicting Joe as a drug-dealer casual sex type person and I do have to admit, I've always thought it would be Frank going down that alley, not Joe, lol, but you did an excellent job. You should maybe think about doing a sequel, I was curious throughout the whole story to know exactly why Joe was forced to retire from the NFL - was it something he did, something the team found out about, did he get hurt, what? I'd love to know why. Once again, great job and keep up the good work!
Ragna ICEland chapter 7 . 9/19/2004
I'm about to cry, for two reasons: that was a happy, sappy ending and it was an ending!Why? Gr! Sniff, sniff! I whish there would have been more...oh well...That was awesome, I hope you write more HB stuff...
Lady Emily chapter 7 . 9/19/2004
Great story. Very well-written. Nice job!
tk chapter 6 . 9/18/2004
I just wanna reach out a shake Joe...

Please tell me your a happily ever after person or at least there is some hope left kinda person.

I'm really enjoying this story. Thanks.
Elena chapter 6 . 7/20/2004
There've been so many HB stories about how they solve super-truper complicated mysteries that it's a real pleasure now to read a VERY well-written family/relationship fanfic. You're doing a fantastic job, the story's simply great. I'm eager to know where everything is going to go, so please do write more!
amethyst chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
its a great story...but could u please give importance even to frank in the further chapters,unlike most of the other fanfiction stories?.
MsJonyReb chapter 6 . 7/11/2004
This is a good chapter. I guess the unfortunate thing is that it seems Joe doesn't want to help himself. . .Or is it that he thinks there is no reason to help himself. Either way it is a bad combination.

Keep up the good work.
Ragna ICEland chapter 6 . 7/11/2004
Oh, that's so cute! THIS IS THE BEST STORY EVER! Joe's a little scary but he's still the coolest! So, updateupdateupdate...oh, you know...
Red Hardy chapter 6 . 7/10/2004
Poor Joe, he really is self-destructing! But you've set it up so well it's easy to believe this could happen. He had everything handed to him on a silver platter and no one bothered to tell him it could all be gone in the blink of an eye.

I'm so glad Frank dragged him home, though. I hope seeing Laura will get Joe to understand his family will always love him no matter what!

And I loved Chet in this chapter! I really like seeing how their friends have grown up too! And especially the subtle way you are showing how Joe, who supposedly had everything is at rock bottom, yet his brother and all his friends, who never had the fame and fortune are so much happier than he is. Very well done.
Red Hardy chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
WOW! I've just gotten caught up on this story all in one sitting and it is amazing. Personally, I prefer the relationship aspect of stories and Frank and Joe's relationship is the first thing that got me hooked on the books. I'd rather read a well-written story (which this definitely is!) involving the brothers' relationship than a poorly written one simply because it has a mystery!

You've given a plausible and believable background as to the reason Joe is acting the way he is. And I really like the twist with Biff Hooper - he didn't have the talent Joe had but he is much happier and apparently more successful!

I will be eagerly watching for new chapters of this story!
jpt chapter 5 . 7/9/2004
It's a good story so far and I'm interested to see how things will develop but I'm wondering if you should'nt change the rating to R. PG-13 doesn't seem appropriate considering the contents of chapter 5 (drinking, drugs, sex and extremely foul language).
MsJonyReb chapter 5 . 7/8/2004
This is another good chapter. I like the description of Franks thoughts after he sent Bailey to bed. It made Franks agitation with the situation very clear, and let the reader know without any question what Frank was feeling.

The ending was good as well. I just hope Joe listens.
MsJonyReb chapter 4 . 7/8/2004
This is good. . . I like the way that you are showing the changes that have occurred in the two brothers during their time apart . . . the distance that's developed. You've also done a great job of making the reader aware of Joe's self destruction.

I'm looking forward to reading more.