Reviews for A Thin Veneer
Thorthemighty321 chapter 82 . 10/28
Hooo boy! This is gonna be good!
Interesting story thus far. Aside from typos and such its still a good read. Love trek and b5 and using kirk era tech i feel the battle field might be better balanced than we have, but I'm not very well versed as others on this comparison
Great story!
reality deviant chapter 82 . 6/10
read it recently, and couldnt stop until i finished two days to this story, but it was worth it.
majorshane chapter 76 . 5/8
Just re-reading this awesome story yet again. I wanted to mention how great you are at weaving in so many Star Trek references. The conversation in this chapter between Spock and Kirk references 'The Corbomite Manuver' with the reference to poker and chess, that's obvious. You also allude to the unnamed aliens from the end of TNG's season 1 (The Cironia Impirex I think you call them?) manipulating the federation and you touch on the idea of loosing a war with the Klingons, something we see in the alternate timeline created when the Enterprise C traveled to the future (something you focus on in other stories to my great admiration). The amazing thing is that you aren't just making references for the sake of fan service or exposition or clumsy world building, it feels organic and realistic and so very ominous. The stakes are high and feel even higher to the readers that are knowledgable of Trek lore.

Bravo and please continue! I can't wait to read what happens when the Ashen Fleet arrives and how the Minbari surrender will be handled!
I'm craving to have this story turned into movie. I don't care if it's computer generated movie by combined PIXAR/SQUARE ENIX or real actors/actresses. Also if it can be published as a novel, that would be nice.
James Helton chapter 19 . 2/1
Awesome
Carycomic chapter 82 . 1/26
I can only paraphrase the late, great Karl Malden when I say: "Kirk and Chang. What will they do? What WILL they do?"
AkiraWolf98 chapter 82 . 1/25
Finally got around to write a review.

Compared to the previous version of this chapter, this redo is amazing. The previous was felt very lacking in details but this... just thanks for coming back to this fic!
madsloth chapter 82 . 1/24
great update, can't wait to see how this all ends.
Ivy Gort chapter 82 . 1/23
Great chapter! Much better than the last version, though I saw nothing wrong with it.

Thank you for coming back to this story! Its one of my favorites.
Illuviar chapter 82 . 1/23
It's great to see an update!

Why do I have the feeling that Chang would give the Gorn another reason to think that a lot if not most Klingon officers are idiots?
The Sithspawn chapter 82 . 1/20
Much better chapter.

Glad to see more of this. Can't wait for the final showdown, especially between Chang and Kirk :D

So please update again soon please! :)
Firemane chapter 82 . 1/19
Great setup. I am really looking forward to the finale, especially Kirk versus Chang ;-)
Chatokay01 chapter 81 . 1/18
Excellent update. A long, a very long wait but it was more than worth it. Looking forward for the next chapter.
1,708 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »