Reviews for A Thin Veneer
ThanosofTitan chapter 84 . 10/6
So you're going to continue eventually or not? It's unclear.
Carycomic chapter 84 . 9/19
Well, I'll give you this, Al. You're unlike most other authors, who've left their stories permanently incomplete here, in one important respect. You were courteous enough to explain WHY the story is being left unfinished!

I also applaud your modesty and sincerity in acknowledging how much b.t.s. help the other authors you mentioned gave you.

So, thank you- -and them- -for this massive epic.

I'm now off to whet my literary appetite with the opening chapters of those two apparent sequels.
justjoe chapter 84 . 9/15
Well, I have a lot of thoughts on this. However, I will simply say this. I'm glad that you have finally made peace with moving on from this story.
MUADIB1 chapter 84 . 9/12
been reading this ,and others of this story, since ..forever/ loved them all .loved this me, you and your group of writers .collectively are the modern frank herbert,isaac asimov, A. , etc. the depth and substance of these stories is as sophisticated as their are among the best there is, thanks for the cool ,almost two, the best you dude.
gphoenix51 chapter 45 . 9/11
When I read what the names of the Gorn ships were, not to mention their shipbuilding program, I laughed my ass off.

I'm really, really enjoying this story. I watched Babylon 5 all the way to the end of the Shadows war and was rather unsatisfied. Most of the main characters were ok, some of the stories were really good, but the overall Shadows arc and what the Shadows and Vorlons ended up really being left a sour taste in my mouth. The Minbari were no better really, all that kept them from annihilating a far weaker race that posed no threat to them was a complete fluke. Other than what Delenn eventually became, I never really liked any of them.

Really like this story, hope it's finished one day. It's spectacular so far!
Kevral chapter 1 . 9/11
Thank you all. I've read the story (as well as its siblings) over the course of years and loved it/them. Thank you amd all the other authors and contributers for your amazing ideas, vision and penmanship. Its truly appreciated and congratulations on a story well told.
Soo... full chapter 83 and epilogue, when?
Looperst chapter 73 . 9/10
Wait, if there was a Stargate and a Goa’uld on Quonos in Kahless’s time, then why are, say, the Asgard not intervening in the war on the Federation’s behalf?
ShadowCub chapter 84 . 9/9
Thank you AlbertG. I can tell a lot of hard work went into the worldbuild and story. Looking forward to its continuation in any form.
I have always thought that this is one of the best stories I've ever read. I'm sorry that it is not completely wrapped up, but you need to do what is best for you.
Thank you for the ride. All the best.
Jonn Wolfe chapter 84 . 9/8
[{( )}]

Regardless of who or where you took ideas from, you're the one that put them together. Be proud of what you've done. I am.
skelly78 chapter 84 . 9/8
So did someone try to sue you or something? I really like this story but to post a chapter that’s just a disclaimer? Seems excessive.
aletan marxan chapter 84 . 9/8
It's an amazing story and yes, this has been a very difficult year. I hope you and all of yours are well.
BajaB chapter 84 . 9/8
Really enjoyed the story and am quite disappointed not to see it finish conclusively. Thanks for the great read.
axel100 chapter 84 . 9/8
Sixteen years later and you're finally bringing this to an end. What a fantastic ride. Thanks for the years of good reading.
1,792 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »