Reviews for A Thin Veneer
Anon42 chapter 82 . 12/29/2014
Aaand finished! Wow! Almost half a million words written, and it's still not done!

That was quite the ride, so much reading... I can normally finish off a story in one go, but this one? lolnope, impossibru.

Looking forward to seeing how this will all end.
EvilTheLast chapter 82 . 11/9/2014
Good update.
ReviewerDWJ chapter 82 . 10/26/2014
Okay for something this long it is impressive. Merging the universes with logic making sense plus all the issues conflicting with the Federation and Earth Alliance seems real. To say you need to watch both the original Star Trek series and Babylon 5 series is an overstatement. I mean I'm a star trek fan and I haven't seen Babylon 5 but I'm okay with this. Plus those personal logs of the future Captain Picard and Sisko is great showing how this story affect the Star Trek line of things. Just don't go very Meta on this and in five years I believe this story will be over two hundred chapters long or until it hits its limit which ever comes first.

ReviewerDWJ
Orumon chapter 82 . 10/26/2014
Thank you for adding this chapter. Glad to see this story is not dead.
Guest chapter 82 . 10/23/2014
Great chapter!
Robert chapter 27 . 10/19/2014
A alaman would have just sent in a couple ships first
NorJC chapter 82 . 10/19/2014
Nice to see you're back in the game! Nice chapter!
The DCG chapter 82 . 10/17/2014
Great to see more of this after so long. Give the whole thing one big reread.
Carycomic chapter 82 . 10/14/2014
OK! So, it's now a next-to-last chapter. I still loved it! But, I think there's one sentence you meant to word as "Ashen would _not_ survive this day, even. . ."
Robert chapter 82 . 10/14/2014
Nice chapter.
JovianJeff chapter 82 . 10/14/2014
This chapter was a masterful addition to the story, presenting a nice range of mood from hot raged brutality to cold appraising analysis. It was interesting how the Federation was in the middle of this range, an understated sense of horror, and yet decisive analysis of the situation with a plan in place. I admit at first I thought Kirk was out of character with his apparent initial decision, but as his part of this chapter continued to unfold, the Kiirk I grew up knowing showed his colors once more.

However, the most interesting section was the last with the Gorn, their appraisal of the past, from distant to recent and the present rounded out this chapter nicely. A wonderful look at both the Federation and the Klingons from another's eyes (and getting yet another insight into Gorn culture).
Flameraven chapter 82 . 10/13/2014
Glad to see the chapter reposted without all the notes that had made it rather confusing the first time I read this chapter.

Now let us see what comes, the Membari are bloodied but have not asked for help or truly surrendered and the Klingon's are on their way with ol' One Eye looking for glory and the Ashen are still nor fully done.

I wonder how the Klingons are going to react to the coming showdown between Chang and Kirk. And that is going to be the true battle here. The Ashen are fools of the highest order, they will let themselves be flanked because that have no other option do to Vorlon interference but Chang...

Well, we will see what we see.
Nate chapter 57 . 10/13/2014
Yeah - the vorlons need to be shitstomped.
Ari989 chapter 82 . 10/13/2014
Great to see another update! And it looks like it's another step closer to the final act. It was also interesting to get another look into the Gorn's psyche and their reasons for taking part in this war. Looking forward to more!
Nate chapter 6 . 10/13/2014
For every one world the Minbari burn, Starfleet and the KDF should burn ten in return.

I fuckin' hate the goddamn boneheads.
1,631 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »