Reviews for A Thin Veneer
Double bang-up job!
Papa Wheelie chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
Bang-up opener!
John Lao chapter 12 . 10/8/2004
Any chance you can update this first before your V'ger/Janeway story? This is getting to be more interesting and I'm not sure I can wait before I go crazy.
The Sithspawn chapter 12 . 10/5/2004
Oh boy, the Minbari are in for it now! Tgey really have NO idea what kind of surprise they are in for now. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Please update soon!
StarfireGreencoon chapter 12 . 10/4/2004
GREAT GREAT GREAT!

A PERFECT BLENDING OF THE TWO SHOWS!

MASTERFUL STORYTELLING

PLEASE WRITE CHAPTER 13 QUickly!
AlbertG chapter 9 . 10/1/2004
WQorker 72: I forgot to mention that Mars DID declare its neutrality in the war according to B5 Canon History in Late 2247 or Early 2248 Shortly before the "Battle of the Line":

JMSM states this is occured in May 2248. That may be a typo and history mix up with the dates. I will check.
Alex chapter 12 . 10/1/2004
Here's a review, hoping you update sooner.
NeilGartner chapter 12 . 10/1/2004
Another great chapter Albert! I was hoping to see the Excelsior in action and now the fleet is on the way.

However, lets don't get cocky folks. During the Earth/Minbari war (according to source material), not only did the Minbari had superior technology but also superior numbers over the Humans. If the Minbari throw their full weight against the Federation/Klingon fleet, it will be a bloodbath regardless who wins.

Update soon.
Skeet chapter 12 . 10/1/2004
Thank-you for your great comments. I am inspired by them. You have no idea...

Hey, here are some quick answers to the comments made.

Destined Knight: Q will not make a showing but the Vorlons and the Shadows are hamstrung right now. They can’t interfere at all for reasons that will be made clear.

The genesis project will be used in another ST:TOS/Earth-Minbari war called ‘Kirk Starkiller’ that is located at in the forums/fanfiction section.

Ed Becerra: I am curious about the clones of Earth that had been found in the TOS hx-time line. I would love it if you could send me some information on that.

Bookstick: You’re right the Star Riders will be on the front lines but there are a few more Clans out there ready and eager to mix it up with the EA-Fed-Klingon alliance as well. More on this later. The worker castes-not to be embarrassed will work on improvements to Minbari war tech soon.

There was another point that I will touch on in the near future as well. The super warp conduit is indeed faster than the Hyperspace highway. There are several reasons for this. The main point is that the hyperspace transitway is damaged and it takes about a month (27 days) to go from point A to point B. It has specific endpoint that does not allow the rider to exit until the journey is completed (due to damage –but it does allow two-way travel). It’s bumpier and designed for different ship configuration than what is used in B5 space.

The SW conduit is not damaged and takes 13 days to get from point A to B. One can get off and it was used by its creators to move planets and even stars to different areas. The Hyperspace highway had different functions and different specifications for moving and transporting objects etc. The same group of beings engineered both long ago in the past. People are just now discovering them and learning how to use them and what their true purposes are won’t be discovered for centuries.
Destined Knight chapter 12 . 9/30/2004
Upcoming fleet action alert?

Yeah, Genesis would just make things ridiculous. If you really wanted to blow up planets, all you'd really need is a shuttlecraft loaded with lots of antimatter. Besides, WMDs are not the Federation way, unless these particular Feddies come from a timeline where the Enterprise is a battleship, Tasha lives, and Picard is not an explorer...

In any case, having the Vorlons and the Shadows sittig on the sidelines while an organization that may be at least as powerful as them starts mucking around with the races that they've spent millenia cultivating, would require an extremely good reason. I eagerly await it.

BTW, the Excelsior's little victory roll to show off its name and registry? Wow. "My name's Excelsior, and I'm gonna kick you're little boneheaded girlymen butts..."

Yet another excellent chapter. But will Q show up and start the whole referee thing?
Kickaha chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
Oh, almost forgot. If you like, Albert, I have dug out my copies of the Star Trek Space Flight Chronology and Star Trek: Worlds of the Federation. The first contains details about the Rickenbacker Class "Flying Fortress", the second has details on the other "clones" of Earth that appeared in ST:TOS, in the event that you want to use such details in the story.

Ed Becerra
thecomputerroom chapter 12 . 9/30/2004
God i can't wait to see what happens next now that excelsior has made contact with the fleet..
1,696 | « Prev Page 1 .. 92 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 112 .. Last Next »