Reviews for The Prodigal Son
Swashbucklist chapter 12 . 1/3/2012
Fan-freaking-tastic. These are absolutely the best Green Hornet fanfics to be found anywhere. They're almost good enough to be published.

At the end here, I was looking forward to a long, rollicking action sequence taking place on two or three fronts, mostly involving the Green Hornet and other heroes kicking ass and saving the day, so it was kinda disappointing when it all went down with a tense confrontation followed by a fistfight weighted with tragic loss. It was a minor let-down.

But the trilogy overall is still an impressive feat. It's a shame these three fics haven't been given more attention than they deserve. They've been a huge thrill to read, so thanks for writing them.
IcyWaters chapter 12 . 11/19/2004
I have been waiting for the final part to your trilogy for quite a while now. I can't believe it has taken me so long to find some time to sit and read it! Not to mention I wanted to refresh my memory and read parts one and two again before delving into this newest chapter. :-)

You have outdone yourself! The Prodigal Son was intriguing, exciting and well worth the wait. The level of detail you crafted into the story without bogging down the pacing of the plot was impressive. In fact, you had me looking up a few items. I am familiar with "The Return of the Prodigal Son" by Rembrandt, but not of a painting by El Greco. Your creation of the painting and the accompanying history of it makes me wonder if I missed a news item somewhere announcing its discovery. You did make that up, right? ;-) I also love the idea of the Lin Kuei and the struggles Lee and the Cheung family have about being torn between two worlds.

I was sad to see what happened to Mike, but the end was just as it should have been.

Stormy Weathers is a great character, but I couldn't help but think of Cybill Shepherd and the made for TV movie she did a few years ago each time I read the name. And whenever she called John "tiger," I thought of Mary Jane Watson from Spider-Man. An interesting combination running around in my head, eh?

Some minor quibbles: In chapter two, you wrote "One of Archer's men came up the commissioner and whispered into his ear." It doesn't make any sense for Archer's men to bring news of what just went down to the commissioner, especially in front of a newspaper publisher. The commissioner was also never implicated as being "dirty" either.

Second, it just didn't sit right with me how John was able to find Stormy so quickly. I don't picture Frank just handing over information on her so John can check her out. And if Stormy is as good as she is supposed to be, I don't think it would be so easy to find her, even with his resources.

I hope The End (?) means you have more planned. Too many people know, or suspect, about the Reids and the Green Hornet. It's going to make their lives even more interesting. So many possibilities... (hint, hint) But if this is truly the end, thank you for providing me with such an enjoyable read.

Lisa