Reviews for As The Romans Do
CopperCatchfly chapter 23 . 8/19/2013
THIS IS THE GREATEST CHAPTER OF BUFFY FANFICTION THAT I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN MY LIFE! And I am an uber-fan! It's sooooo well written! The imagery you create, the poetry, the connections you make... I feel like you understand Buffy better than any other writer... maybe even some of the show writers! I might actually go back and re-read this fic from the beginning because I don't ever want to reach the end! I know it's unlikely that you'll go back and read these reviews but if you do... GOD DAMN YOU'RE GOOD!
we'll.go.be.heroes chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
I just finished this in one sitting, I couldnt stop reading. Its fantastic. I hope some day you chose to finish it. 3
cavemenftw chapter 30 . 11/10/2012
This story has so many good ideas in it. Just some really great alternate theories about the state of each character, whose voices were really great by the way, or about loose strings in the Buffyverse.

Despite my state of tiredness I was so going to finish this story. Sucks that it's unfinishedl but what was here was very well executed.
Saggit chapter 30 . 10/5/2012
A great story, and I hope you feel like continuing it, someday. Meanwhile, keep well. Being a writer is pain enough without having to take on something like ADD.
JoaniB chapter 30 . 9/15/2012
Quite well done.
PeaceHeather chapter 30 . 7/1/2012
Seriously. I suspect you did what I usually do - got distracted/sucked in by the angst and couldn't make yourself come back to write anything after that.

COME BACK. PLEASE write more. This story is terrific.
PeaceHeather chapter 27 . 7/1/2012
I love you forever. Xander awesome. And Spike's speech to get the vampires to fight on the side of the white hats? Hilarious, and yet strangely inspiring. I love you FOREVER.
PeaceHeather chapter 21 . 7/1/2012
Okay. I know this story was left hanging in 2004 and I am STILL READING BECAUSE IT IS STILL AMAZING AND HOW CAN YOU LEAVE US LIKE THIS. Holy cow.
PeaceHeather chapter 18 . 7/1/2012
Can I just say: whoa.
(Although the "Spoike" thing is more than a little distracting.)
PeaceHeather chapter 14 . 7/1/2012
*eyebrow*

Can I just say that there has been a surprise for me in just about every chapter of this story so far? Definitely never saw THAT coming.
PeaceHeather chapter 9 . 7/1/2012
And again I will reiterate. GENIUS.
PeaceHeather chapter 8 . 7/1/2012
This. Is the most brilliant way of getting Buffy to look at the grays. That I have EVER seen. You are a GENIUS. I've been adoring the dialogue so far but this chapter is the one that finally got me off my lazy butt and reviewing.

It's TRAGIC that this story is still listed as incomplete. And I'm gonna read what you have anyway because so far it is just that good.
Terrible Tues chapter 30 . 6/27/2011
This is one of my favorite Buffy Angel crossovers ever, and an even better rec is that it is one of my favorites in either fandom, too. The author has an amazing ability to remember and to reorganize episode details, and to use them to develop astonishing numbers of mini-plots that all weave together perfectly.

The characterizations and dialogue are believable, even when souls and shared consciences are involved. There are more characters in this story than in any I've ever read, but they are all vivid and feel true to canon.

Ch. 30 is short and undeveloped, and could be skipped. There is no big resolution to the fic, but I did not feel cheated in the least. I did not feel angry about the incomplete status because the earlier brilliance was so amazingly entertaining.

The author had serious real life reasons to abandon fanfiction writing for awhile. I am just grateful that she posted her body of work before she left us. I hope she comes back to us, in whatever fandom she chooses. She has real talent.
00Verisimilitude00 chapter 30 . 2/20/2011
I just finished reading this on your LJ, and I must say that it is an amazing story. You are such a gifted writer and I was truly astonished at the insight you have into all the Buffyverse characters. Everyone in this story is supremely well written and the plot is intricate and spellbinding. I love this story, and I urge you to continue it... if you have the time of course.

- Veri
lilykep chapter 30 . 1/12/2011
I ADORE this story and you NEED to finish it!