Reviews for Smoke and Mirrors
ShireElf chapter 38 . 10/5/2004
Ah . . . that is a good point, though: the animals having a wariness to evil . . . hmm. At least the bird has a point of view in this story so we can see what he is thinking . . .

I loved the conversation between Frodo and Sam . . . that would probably be the whole chapter. Anyways, it was beautifully written. Just beautiful. Lovely chapter, as always.

I do have a question, though. I have another story coming up and I want to know if you would beta it for me. I sent you an e-mail about it, but I don't know if you got it or not. Please, respond in a review!
ShireElf chapter 30 . 10/3/2004
I have a newfound respect for Merry now. This chapter was so sweet. I love stories with Frodo and Merry, since most of the time they touch the heart as well as the mind. This chapter did the same, as well as the other chapters. I will read more soon. Thank you, tree, for this chapter.
BraellyraLeatherleaf chapter 40 . 9/19/2004
This story is amazing! In a way, it reminds me of the book "Death Be Not Proud" by John Gunther, with Frodo's condition worsening and improving off and on. I mean that as a high compliment, because I loved the book. Anyway, the ending was very well done, and everything else was wonderful too. Thank you for such a great story!
ShireElf chapter 22 . 9/15/2004
Ah . . . I thought Frodo would do something like that, especially when the bottle fell to the floor, no elixer needed to be cleaned up. I know some authors don't tell everything, but it was rather strange. And, if I remember correctly, the story never told us what Frodo did with the amber bottle.

Poor Sam! My heart called out to him . . . and Aragorn too. Poor guys. :( Well, I will, as usual, try to read more asap. This story is awesome!
ShireElf chapter 19 . 9/14/2004
Addiction to poppy? Ohh, yikes! But I'm glad Sam was with him this chapter. Sam is so awesome.
ShireElf chapter 13 . 9/12/2004
*GASP* MERRY! FRODO! PIPPIN! FRODO! ARAGORN! FRODO! Can you tell who I am concerened about the most? ;) I read more than I ever have but OH MY GOSH! Ah, slow torture! I will read more! *is glued with suspense to the chair!*
ShireElf chapter 7 . 9/12/2004
*screams* OMG! OMG! FRODO! Oh no! Please, please, please I hope he'll be ok . . . then again, of course he will, this is only the 7th chapter out of 40 . . . that is, unless you decide to kill him in one of these chapters. *gasps* I will read more as soon as I can!
ShireElf chapter 5 . 9/8/2004
uhh, I really feel horrible about not reviewing for a long, long, long, long time. I am truly sorry. :(

I love Merry and Pippin and how you wrote them in this chapter is fabulous. Sam too, if don't mind me saying. Perfection. I'm sorry I don't have much to say on this chapter either. I just feel down right terrible. :( anyways, I will read more when I can.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 40 . 9/3/2004
I enjoyed the ending chapter very much - especially bringing back the little bird into the story. Nicely done.
ShireElf chapter 3 . 9/1/2004
E! Frodo! Oh my gosh! I hope Aragorn and Gandalf find him! Man. . . I have a lot of exclamation points.

I'm sorry I'm only reading a chapter a day, but that's probably all I can manage for right now. This is soo great though. You can most definitely count on me to read more!
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 38 . 9/1/2004
Ah! Wonderful. What type of bird is it?
ShireElf chapter 2 . 8/30/2004
OH NO! Sorry I couldn't read this sooner, but OH MY GOSH! Bad Frodo! It's not really his fault, but whoa . . . I will try to read more soon, but it might prove to be difficult to do that . . . homework. :( I *will* try though.
ShireElf chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Oh . . . poor Frodo. Authors (especially the female ones) like to put him through a lot of pain, huh?

I could imagine all of this going on. And you wrote all of this in about a month or two? And this was your first one? Wow. I envy you so much. ;)

And, to answer your review, yes I did feel a sense of loss. I did not feel any relief, if I did it was very small. I love to write and that story was a challenge somewhat.

I will read more soon, but I must go now. This story is getting good . . .
endymion2 chapter 40 . 8/27/2004
Here’s a very late and very insufficient note for a very long and quite unusual and wonderful story. As I found this little jewel in summer, I read – printed – pieces in the most impossible environments, for during the summer vacations my children come first, and my beloved computer must stand back. My, what an avalanche of ailments ( and quite exotic ones too) you’ve poured over our hero! But the more the better when it comes to me, LOL. You also withstood too much TLC, thus preventing the story from becoming fluffy. You even nearly made me like Arwen, whom I’d learned to hate after watching the movies.

I want to thank you for this wonderful treat which made my summer even better than it would have been without it! As soon as I can manage I’ll have a look at the other stories by you...this sounds silly, I know but you used my hateword „tiny“ in the last chapter rather often...we all know hobbits are small, so why emphazise it time and again? Frodo is no tiny weakling to me, and this word implies so much...condescending belittling to me, as if a superior being spoke benevolently about an inferior one. I know of course you don’t mean it this way.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 36 . 8/25/2004
The only complaint I have is the use of the term "little one." I know it is in the book, but I always considered it to be slightly demeaning. Oh well; that's probably my sensitivity at a term which is not meant to be belittling (pun intended). I do love the way you've worked in Arwen into this story. Good job.
107 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »