Reviews for Smoke and Mirrors
EllaG chapter 30 . 7/10/2004
Lovely! What a beautiful chapter!
Frodo's Gal chapter 30 . 7/9/2004
Cute Cute Cute chapter..so sweet. )) I LOVE MERRY AND FRODO..::ahem::...Any Pip in the next chappie? lol
Aelimir chapter 30 . 7/9/2004
I just went to the stories of Arda and read the rest of what you have so far. I could *not* stop laughing at the part when you had Merry and Frodo drunk. I loved that you went real far with this, but not so far as that I couldn't imagine it really happening. :) I'm sad that you'll be finished with it soon, but I'm very interested in the next story too, that you have planned. I'm blown away at how well you can describe, and seem to understand, what realistically Frodo would be going through psycology wise. Alot of other fics will have him or anyone suddenly get "better" but it doesn't work in the real world to me. It's refreshing to read something that sounds like it would.

And where is the Frodo Healers site? I put it in the search engine, but what it came up with I couldn't access. :(
Aelimir chapter 29 . 7/8/2004
Yes, I did pay the price the next day. Good thing it's summer though! I can sleep late.

I love your regular updates! I'm impressed with how well you've grasped Merry's character. When I've tried to write him, I've found him difficult to capture.

I can't wait until Merry and Frodo's conversation in the next chapter :)
lindahoyland chapter 29 . 7/8/2004
This is great.I love all the reactions and Aragorn's good have a real gift for writing.
Frodo'd Gal chapter 29 . 7/8/2004
Poor Merry.

You described the little Brandybuck quite well..this chapter was excellent. More soon k )

100% on this chapter )
lindahoyland chapter 28 . 7/6/2004
This gets better and better, I love the way you depict Frodo's trauma and Aragorn's grief over it. You are a very gifted writer.
Aelimir chapter 28 . 7/6/2004
Hi,

Usually I don't read this kind of story, but I love how you write. There's something really fascinating about it and I got hooked, and read it all in one night. *guilty look* I should have been in bed. :) Not to mention I love Frodo!

Anyway, I hope you make it really long, or write something similiar in a different situation. Update soon please :)
Frodo's Gal chapter 28 . 7/6/2004
Yippee another chapter. Poor Frodo ::hugs him::

You are such a good writer. Cant wait for more! )
EllaG chapter 28 . 7/6/2004
Very interesting story.

A lot of it is not quite my style of Frodo angst.

I read a lot of Frodo angst but very little of what I read I actually like.

Your story is interesting in that it swings from soft h/c to harsh and graphic medical situations.

(I'm more of a fluff person!)

I liked Merry tickling Frodo until it went wrong and this passage:

"Frodo, do you remember when you took Bluebell Bracegirdle’s best dress off her line of wash and dressed Hartle's prize pig in it?" Merry asked, chuckling at the memory.

Frodo was dimly aware that Merry was speaking, but his eyes had slipped closed of their own volition. He was dozing comfortably, lost in a hazy, ecstasy that Merry's fingers were working on his aching muscles. His last conscious thought was of Hartle Bracegirdle being thumped repeatedly by Bluebell for dressing the huge pig, prize winner or not, in her very best dress. The pig had actually looked pretty good. A blissful smile touched his lips, as he relaxed for the first time in weeks.

Ah. Pure genius!
frodo's girl chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
I like how it is written. Frodo going through a delusion while Aragorn is treating him. It's like there are two stories going on at once.
Frodo's Gal chapter 27 . 7/5/2004
Encore!Encore! ) I love this story!
Coolio02 chapter 2 . 7/5/2004
Oh no! A fevered and delerious Frodo is out on the lose! *gulps* That's not good!
Coolio02 chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
*applauds* Excellent first chapter! You've got me hooked!:-)
lindahoyland chapter 27 . 7/5/2004
This is an excellent story, I especially love your depiction of aragorn and the Hobbit's stubborn nature .

I'm sorry you are not getting more reviews as this deserves to be if you just posted one chapter a day ? I find I get more readers for my story that way. I also think it is maybe PG13 rather than PG for content.I'm not complaining as I love this type of story but I'm well over 18 never mind 13 !I like the way you've had Frodo seeing orcs as I always imagined he would and this is a good warning too of the dangers of drugs.I will read more when you update.
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »