Reviews for Sam
orcafan1 chapter 4 . 7/24/2011
Please update soon I love west side story and I love this story. Are you gonna mention the sharks in this story also and don't forget about Tony keep up the awesome work :)
Keyle chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
You need line breaks and to check your spelling.

There is already a tomboy chracter in West Side Story, who's longing to join the Jets, who can already fight. They laugh and push her aside. Your character/Mary Sue wouldn't even have a chance. This is wholesome hoods 50's stuff. There would be no cursing/letting a girl fight/admitting that she can lick the boys.
GreySide58 chapter 4 . 8/2/2006
This is really good, please update when you get a chance
Beth Smith chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
Cute start. Poor Riff, getting cut off every time!
X chapter 4 . 2/6/2005
Yeah, I'm sorry but this is Mary Sue. I'm sorry but the story focuses exclusively on her, how awesome everyone in the gang thinks she is, and so on. West Side Story just happened to be the back drop for this character worship. The idea of having a narrative by Riff's little sister and even having her be a tomboy doesn't make her Mary Sue. The begging her to join the gang, have her automatically kick ass, always win against Riff, having a War Council practically identical to the one with the Sharks only replacing (and thus usurping all power from) Riff with Sam and the Sharks with Emeralds... This is, again, character worship. The only plus is that you didn't write paragraphs describing Sam as the most beautiful creature ever to walk the earth.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Can we say Mary Sue?
Tonyboy chapter 4 . 12/27/2004
Just so you know, I am writing a WSS fic. You can check it out if you want.
xMegh chapter 4 . 9/19/2004
4th chapter definetly my fave- it will be interesting to see where you go with this. please update soon!

~luv always*

meg aka dramaqueen
darkdestiney2000 chapter 4 . 9/10/2004
Dude YOU MUST UPDATE LIKE NOW! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! THis is awesome! I swear it!
LittleMissTake chapter 4 . 8/29/2004
Yay! I finally found a West Side Story fic! I've bin looking for one since March, when we did the play at school and I got totally addicted to it, even though I was in the band, not acting and only sstarted halfway through and only played when the flute wasn't and only saw it a couple of times... Anyway, i love it, but of course, having seen our version first, I much prefered ours to the film. *sigh* anyways, good idea having Riff having a lil sis. Hurry up with the next chapter! btw, I love A-rab and baby john, specially arab, so perhaps a lil more of them? in our version, we had a really great actor for him and he got all the best bits- he got to be beaten up at the beginning, where baby joh is in the film, he got Gee Officer Krupke, he got 'Oh it hurts, it hurts!' at the dance, etc. Don't you just love the bit with A-rab and Baby John when Baby JJohn's crying after the rumble? It's so CUTE! And I love the songs Gee Officer Krupke and Tonight. And I drove my whole class insane singing them for weeks after. anyways, cute how Riff's so protective. I take it Riff hasn't moved in with Tony yet. In WSS, he's been there 3and a half years. I don't think that would work if you work it out- Baby John wasd there when they fought the Emeralds, he says (about Tony in the fight) 'He saved my ever lovin' neck! And I don't think Baby John's been in the gang for 3 and a half years in WSS, cos he's meant to be new and young. but who cares?
Dan the Man chapter 4 . 8/14/2004
I like this story of WSS. The only chapter that I didn't like was the 3rd one because for one thing: Tony wasn't in it(this is supposed to be before the movie, and they are fighting the Emeralds and he was a part of their gang then.) and Tony is my favorite character, and another thing: Baby John mentioned that Tony saved his "ever-lovin'" neck, and i think that they were all supposed to fight, not just two of them (well, there should be only two of them at first and then they are supposed to join in the fight.
Tonyboy chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
This is an excellent story.