Reviews for The Lie That I Lived
Yuki chapter 12 . 9/21
I wanted that mai was left with kaiba to make his life was with which could best be happy. It was not expected that murder to Mai, although I should have known, perhaps he knew it but I wanted to stay with him at the end of accounts. At least I think I was happy last moment, not suoe who loved
Anshu chapter 11 . 9/30/2013
I knew it. And right now, I don’t have the words to describe how I feel. There’s so much depth, so much love, and so much want for love... in this story... but in the end her fear wins. True, that she was approached by happiness but happiness couldn’t touch her. And deep within, I agree that why choose? I mean, both Seto and Joey loved her. Together, they did make up for a vessel filled with love. I know it’s unconventional but then Mai has had an unconventional life. You, Secluded Sapphire, are a genius. Thank you for writing and sharing such a touchy story. Keep up the excellent work.
Anshu chapter 10 . 9/30/2013
What's with the cliff hanger? I can't wait to read the next chapter. Somehow, I get this weird feeling that she'll choose her daughter. But the contradiction you've shown in her feelings for them is brilliant. And she is emerging strong, isn't she? This is one beautiful story.
Anshu chapter 9 . 9/30/2013
Seto kisses her and Joey finally gets to learn of her pregnancy. There's been a remarkable change in your writing.
Anshu chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
There was too much happening in this chapter. Seto’s comments about the cook working overtime cracked me up. The hilarity of the situation was exhilarating. I can imagine Mai’s reaction. In that, she was right to throw the vase at him. Luckily, he ducked. Lol! And good for Yami for having that all-out, no holds barred conversation. And god, Téa should stop pushing Joey. The poor guy has already suffered enough. And I think it’s going to be a real clash between the two dragons. Considering Seto is stepping up to the task of wooing her. Good chapter and a well-paced one! But I’m somewhat shocked to learn about Yugi’s death. How, why and when?
Anshu chapter 7 . 9/30/2013
I love the comparison, especially ‘the bowels of hell’ comment. Atta girl, you show him. Yami needs a reality check. And why is Téa clueless of the betrayal. Can’t she distinguish between Yugi and Yami? Or is she unaware of Yugi’s feelings? And what promise was it?
Anshu chapter 6 . 9/30/2013
Wow! Joey is into Journalism. Sure why not! Great joke! But the guy is great duellist. And what’s with Yami and his infamous ‘everything will be fine, we’re all friends here’ speech? I can’t stand his arrogance. Now, about their 'date...' I wonder how Seto will react.
Anshu chapter 5 . 9/30/2013
Second chances are difficult to come by. And I cherished the intellectual hint of it through that sales-woman portrayal. But it’s good that Mai is out of her father’s clutches and decided to make it on her own. But then the tragedy stuck. I hope she gets a break soon.
Anshu chapter 4 . 9/29/2013
I had a feeling that she should’ve gone for a medical attention sooner. Still, it’s tough call. But I’ll support her decision no matter what she chooses.
Anshu chapter 3 . 9/29/2013
I hope it blossom into something more between them... but I'm also mindful of your AN.
Anshu chapter 2 . 9/29/2013
Please tell me her father is dead. I feel so mad for what her father did... I could wring his bloody neck. But Mai is a tough one. And it’s often the tough ones that end up paying the price. But I’m glad that Seto saved her. Chivalry isn’t dead. Overall, it was a good chapter and well-paced one. I enjoyed the glimpse of the flashbacks. It’s like you’ve joined a past with the present. A dreadfully horrible past at that, and it’s ruining her present. I hope she comes to terms with her grief. She is a victim of abuse by no fault of hers.
Anshu chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
No! No! NO! She can't give up. She is the second best character I love and adore after Anzu.

But Wow! The opening is deep. Her entire existence has come undone. And I loved what you wrote about the word ‘alone.’ ‘The isolation cost.’ It’s such an overly misused word especially by the people who don’t even know what it means. An excellent chapter and I know I’m going to enjoy this story a lot.
SimplySinful21 chapter 12 . 4/8/2010
This was the best fic i have ever read about Mai! I mean damn, she is just the best! No one can claim the title of a Bad Ass Chick like she can! I loved the epilogue and i hope to read more of your work.

4rm da blck chick$
Blue Dragon99 chapter 12 . 8/14/2007
*Sniff*...that was...just so...beautiful! I guess it was just a beautifully emotional ending and i liked it very much! Everything just flowed so nicely, the words, the visuals, the feelings all intertwined so well and made me feel like i was watching it right in front of my eyes! A very outstanding job i must say! Felt very sad for Mai, but i guess she is better off now, and glad Joey and Kaiba connected somehow at the end without having a fight! Finally the story has ended after 3 years and u deserve a standing ovation for it!...lmao...and thank you so much for dedicating this lovely story to me!
SGCred chapter 12 . 8/6/2007
Hey there!

Wow, it finally comes to an end, so so sad, bittersweet. Still, a very satifying end to such a lovely and well written story. I felt like crying for Seto and Joey, that love may just cause them to settle their differences.

Wonderfully written again, looking forward to your next updates. *hug*

Love SGCred x x x