Reviews for A Spinner's Tale
Shellea Holck chapter 7 . 2/7
Anagrams are fun, but this story was funner. (Lalalala this is me drowning out your inevitable "funner isn't a word" thought). I loved it, and would love a SEQUAL. I'm an avid fairy tale retellings fan, and a avid afterstory fan. (Lalalala don't even dare think "afterstory isn't a word either"). :D. Thank you for helping procrastinate so masterfully.
Rosa Cotton chapter 7 . 5/20/2014
A delightful retelling! Thank you for sharing this!
Hillmorrr chapter 7 . 1/31/2013
Nice spin/twist! (Could not resist the pun...) Thanks for sharing!
duj chapter 7 . 6/29/2010
Well, I suppose he could have been Russell Kimptint...

Cute twisting of the old tale. I always thought Good old R should have been the hero.
P.E.E.V.S.Y chapter 7 . 6/27/2009
I like this. I really, really like this. :) It's funny and the characters are great and I especially loved how you put the Rumplestiltskin story within this story. Also the end, where they lived happily ever after was just fantastic. Great job. :-D
Doctor Harley Quinn chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Bravo! I don't think I've ever read a modernization of Rumpelstiltskin and I'm a sucker for modern fairy tales, so I think I can say I'm going to have a nice read. :)

Very nice opening chapter; it provides a very brisk, to-the-point setup. Your description of Mr. King was brief but very effective, I think, whereas Mr. Miller is rather classing. Waffle iron... heh heh... and I certainly like the modern twist regarding stock trade.

And I'm interested to meet Rachel. She sounds like a delight, despite her misfortune of having such a father.

The chapter definitely gets the ball rolling. It's quite brief but I think it's a nice opener. Onward!
45692-358923-09 chapter 7 . 4/12/2008
Hmm..highly amusing. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Makes me want to go right a Rumpelstiltskin spin.
Ryan Brooklyn chapter 7 . 12/5/2007
This was funny, delightful, and wonderful. I really enjoyed it. I've always admired people who can take a fairy tale and modernize it. Absolutly fantastic (as is all your work). :-D
InChrist-Billios chapter 7 . 6/23/2007
Wow!

This was a surprisingly refreshing breath of fresh air; thank you for sharing it with the community. It was lighthearted and absurd (but not to the point of eye rolling) incorporating stubborn love, creepy/cute little people, and modern day into a fantastic fairy tale that had previously been very overrated. You cast it into a new light; Brava!

Lovely! This one is definitely hitting the favorites list!
Erisah Mae chapter 7 . 2/18/2007
Yeah! cliches going down!

FINALLY a version of this where the heroine has some spunk!

the anagrams were kinda cute, and I really didn't get the character Herman, but this was good!

Erisah
TigerSJP chapter 7 . 1/13/2007
This was a nice, quick read. I found it highly enjoyable, especially the twists and updates to the fairytale. Who knew Rumplestiltskin owned a Palm? I got a little confused about the fox statue/rug that she lays down on. Also, how is it that P.K. can magically appear? Anyhoo, loved the ending. Keep writing!
lilmuse chapter 7 . 10/25/2006
original, smart, witty, and cute
Nightarcher210 chapter 7 . 10/22/2006
You know me from Batman Begins, but I didn't realize that I knew you from this first! I read it a while ago, and thought it was absolutely brilliant, but I can't think for the life of me why I didn't review! Perhaps it was because I read it during the summer, when I'm less able to review (I'll have to print out a story and take it home with me, because my dad doesn't have internet access at his house, and then I'll forget to review the next day.) Anyways, I thought it was wonderful through and through, and (re)discovering that you wrote this has made my day! I love these modern fairy tale adaptations. They're gorgeous. Okay, I'm done gushing and rambling and overall berating you with psychobabble.

Toodles!

-Night
Willow-41z chapter 7 . 3/15/2006
I really, really liked this! You brought it into the modern era well, and the anagrams were brilliant. As soon as you mentioned Prestin Kimstull the 8th, I figured that he would be the hero/romantic interest/whatever, but the ending was really good, and so was the banter. Prestin's snarkiness was a refreshing change from Max's suave horribility (I don't think that's a word. Oh well.) Tell me, though- do they really live happily ever after?
v chapter 7 . 8/30/2005
aww I REALLY liked this fairy tale! The little summary of the original to introduce the chapters worked beautifully ) more! more!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »