Reviews for Paris Sketches: A Discovery of Color
Flutasuarus93 chapter 16 . 7/2/2013
I first read your story a long, long time ago, and I've loved it since. I can relate to Allison (I'll be a high school junior in the fall), and to the Frost HS Marching Band (my own marching band recently did the unthinkable, and earned an Superior rating). "Paris Sketches" has also served as my inspiration for recruiting new members, and for making section hair bows. I'm not sure if you ever thought your story would affect a reader that much, but it did. Thank you!
Ravenclaw Eagle chapter 10 . 4/27/2010
This story is great! You have great quotes and things about music and marching band. I love the "Marching Band has taught me to be myself and express what I believe in." I wish I could write like this!
anonyman chapter 16 . 9/2/2008
I liked the story :]

Tho being an arrogant trumpeter (Repetative, i know) I can't help but wish for more brass :P

Oh, and of course, GO BAND!
Lady Radcliffe chapter 11 . 5/5/2007
haha wow, the description of the room is practically the same as the room I had to stay in once for a competition! Imagine, 4 girls (1 hyper one, 3 tired ones) and one king sized bed. We were all afraid of the shower, so we wore flip flops inside haha
a reader chapter 13 . 12/6/2006
'and the 6 bands that showed up with trees. ' earlier you said 5 bands with trees
clarinetgirl15 chapter 16 . 2/26/2006
wow. i really loved it. you defintly caught the overall atmosphere of band. and how much we all depend on eachother. i give it two thumbs up.
Linwe Amandil chapter 16 . 3/19/2005
Wow, this was a really good story. I thought it was so cool about the BOA- my band was at the same one! Oh, and there really is a George Washington High School band- can't remember what they placed, though. I think you may have mentioned my band, too! (If all the details with the tree thing is right- we used uniforms as part of our visuals). Boy, I really miss band now...
Sheyana chapter 16 . 3/4/2005
This was great, I can't wait for the sequel! I know nothing about marching band - we don't seem to have them in Australia - but I'm slowly working out all the terms from the fanfics. Write the sequel soon, I love your work
JacenPrime chapter 16 . 2/1/2005
good story, I really enjoyed reading it.

I had a friend at Rutgers, and they said there really was a George Washington High School...

Oh well, maybe you interpreted it differently, but great fic.
AgniKaiKyoshi chapter 16 . 1/31/2005
Ah-so sad ;( I liked it-even though it wasn't all completely true, but the fact that you made the effort to have a meaning behind everything was really cool of you. Thanks!
Jacky Higgins chapter 16 . 1/30/2005
Oh. My. Gosh. It's over. I can't believe it. That story totally rocked, and i left each chapter feeling good and geeky! Keep writing, i can't wait to read more!

PS. Aw, she fell asleep in Stahlin's arms. how cute!
AgniKaiKyoshi chapter 14 . 1/10/2005
that's so exciting! haha-trees, that sounds like something that our saxophones would say, they're all crazy.
Kayleena A. Carpenter chapter 14 . 1/7/2005
very nice. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
AgniKaiKyoshi chapter 4 . 1/6/2005
yay! that's so fun! we haven't had a real competition yet, only the veteran's day parade, but i can imagine how happy you guys were.
Jacky Higgins chapter 14 . 1/2/2005
YAY! They made finals! And next year, we will too. lol As long as we have a tree! awesome chapter, can't wait to read more, and i look forward to more stories!