Reviews for Legolas Greenleaf, Agent of MESS: Span Of Solace
Nemo Returning chapter 6 . 9/7/2004
OMG, OMG... Look what I've been missing:

Your Evilness finishing the story in such a cruel way (cruel to us, readers - to Mordor with Legolas!).

Honestly, that was... well, eh... (quotes Hermione) "not very nice" :)

As for the parallel to a Bonds' story, unfortunately, I can't appreciate it fully - never read any stories from Fleming's pen - know them by reputation only, by some odd Bonds-movie or another... and by a LOT OF BONDS PARODIES :)

Quite fond of spy-genre-parodies, actually ("Get Smart" one of the favorites)... but I digress...

Eh... what was I talking about?

Ah! Oh! Yes!

Now you're simply *bond(s)* to at least start THE sequel really-really quickly, while there's still a slim chance for Legolas to be saved from this vicous poison! :-))

And you got me intrigued with your hint to another fic you're working at.

I hope that whoever this *Lana* person is, she's now properly ashamed of stalling your progress!

As for me - sorry I couldn't read & review your marvelous (though cruel, sadistic, devilishly terminated... eh, I think I digress again) story earlier:

Just back from vacation (with a limited Internet access and without my links and working files/papers).

But from now on, I'm afraid, you'll have to bear with me on a much more regular basis ;)
Jellyman Squirt chapter 6 . 8/19/2004
That's so unbeleivably unfair! You didn't properly explain who or why! Why, why, why? It's not like she could have been in love with Sauron or something. Ew.

Good luck at uni! Please tell me when the new fic's up:
theinklesspen chapter 6 . 8/18/2004
hm, that rose khelek is a sneaky little witch.

anyhow, great job!-with this chapter!

..and this story!
Idlewild chapter 5 . 8/14/2004
Time for a very late review!

I loved the well-endowed dwarf joke. Very Prattchet-esque. Had me giggling.

You do seem fond of putting Greenleaf in quite a large amount of peril. Fortunately it seems he's got better friends than Bond usually has on hand. Ah, Tolkien was a bit more thoughtful on that account than Fleming.

Good point about Greenleaf only understanding force. Also, poor Aragorn may want to watch his back after patting G on the head and calling him a good Elf.

On a point unrelated to fiction, I just got a potted orchid called "Shelob", it's very spidery. I guess I'm only a bit Tolkien obsessed!
theinklesspen chapter 5 . 8/12/2004
i wonder...

once they justify the murderer and find him/her

what will they do to him/her?

an R, a K and an o...

[ h]

good chapter

-airee
Nemo Returning chapter 5 . 8/10/2004
Are you kidding?

You finally learned who the possible murderer is, and won't tell the name to us, your faithful readers?

Oh, what the hell I'm saying... Of course *you* would know the name from the beginning...

Sorry, just not able to think straight at 4:00 AM :)
Jellyman Squirt chapter 5 . 8/9/2004
WOO! A good, old-fashioned whodunnit! The whole L-G recurring rumour thing is hilarious.

Silly elf, so childish, won't just stay in his room. ho hum, at least it gave Gimli the oppotunity to sit on his knees (wink)

Once again, Eliane is a brilliant character, I hope she's got more to do yet.

Jellyman
theinklesspen chapter 4 . 8/6/2004
hm, i thought whoever is after legolas had poisened the food

but the hunter worked well.

and that bit about legolas being like saruman was interesting.

D

great chapter
Nemo Returning chapter 4 . 7/31/2004
Now, that was surprising a bit...

Why did they let the assassin go?

I recall, from canon, that Elves were always very reluctant in killing humans, as opposed to orcs and even dwarves... but surely Legolas might be above such prejudices by now? :)

And anyway, they could've just handed him over to proper authorities...

Hmm... loose ends again :)
Idlewild chapter 4 . 7/28/2004
Mea Culpa just means "I'm to blame" in church latin ;)

Oh, more attempts on Greenleaf's life? Yay! He's gotten off a little too lightly for chapter four. I think Bond baddies are a nice touch. It's a good way to cross over between the universes.

Hope the orchestra course treated you well and kept the creative juices flowing.
Nemo Returning chapter 3 . 7/24/2004
Just a thought: was this poor spider a black widow?

Oh, and how did you learn to play poker so good? :)
Idlewild chapter 3 . 7/19/2004
You're right, I'm losing track of the bodies. Mea Culpa!

Some very fine gambling action. Also, Scarmang and Bloaf? Do I detect various shades of villainy afoot? And for that matter, who did I miss in the round up?

Nice pacing, though I'm still on the edge of my seat waiting for someone to make another attempt on Greenleaf's life. Poor guy, the life of a secret service Elf must be full of peril.
Jellyman Squirt chapter 3 . 7/19/2004
I'm completely loving this; it's such a different pace from the last one. I think Eliane's great, I'm glad we'll be seeing more of her. I can't wait to see Arwen's reaction when she realises who'll be coming.

I meant to say this before, but I think it's brilliant the way you got L G going for a holiday around ME, just like they do in the books. That was a really good touch.
Jellyman Squirt chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
Goodness, this chapter had me doubling over! 'Passionate leave,' indeed! I hope EE turn up a lot in this one, they're friggin' hilarious!
theinklesspen chapter 2 . 7/16/2004
haha

Drawfist. heh.

hm, a harad spider.

isn't harad somewhere of the east?..