Reviews for The Previously Untold Wanderings of Urwen Tanneth
Carapheonix chapter 8 . 2/6/2011
Is this story abandoned? I hope not, it's very good so far.
Tanneth chapter 2 . 9/30/2008
I have only read the first 2 Chapters but I am really enjoying it very much.

You write very well and I get drawn into the story so easily.

Good work!
lilly chapter 1 . 10/3/2005

I dnt know. IT does sound like another Mary Sue, but maybe i am wrong BUT why does it jhave to be a 10th walker. There is a reason there were 9 members. 9 Walkers for 9 shall count to nine, nine is the number of your counting. You shall not count to ten, nor to eleven. Nine is the number of the Fellowship."
Danigrebel chapter 8 . 7/9/2005
Poor Tanneth. The Ring will drive her mad soon enough, I've no doubt. Is Boromir the love interest?
Rana Ninque chapter 8 . 2/6/2005
I really enjoyed this. It would be nice if you continued. I assume it's a Boromir romance (as he is you fav). GREAT JOB!

Btw, why would Frodo want to hide Tanneth's presence?

I also really like her name. I don't care if it came out of a pig's stomach. I love it. (the Tanneth part, more than Urwen. I don't really like Urwen.)

You are certainly talented!

akanekai chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
This is seriously good! Personally, I think I would hate being called Urwen too. All in all, a great chapter!

Happy Holidays :)
Catta-mese chapter 8 . 9/19/2004
::smile:: Well, if nothing else I can elicit guilt. You haven't done IT yet, so I can't complain yet.

I think your portrayal of what Boromir must have gone through during the Council, dealing with Ring-lust, via Tanneth's character, is ingenious... I hadn't thought about it that way before. I'm forever finding new facets to his character...until the movies came out I was royally teed off at him for being unpleasant to Frodo, but I'm coming to a tentative truce with his character by seeing him through others eyes.

I also must admit that I had fallen into the trap of 'all elves look alike'. I never considered that woodland elves would look different than those of Rivendell or Lorien. Bad me. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

And thank you for Frodo's intro before he takes the Ring. I like anything that shows him for the Prince among Halflings (or any other race you care to mention) that he really is. Not that I'm biased or anything. And I liked in the extreme your description of the Ring...'twas beautiful, and shows how hard it must have been for Frodo to resist. Poor Frodo... ::goes off to wibble quietly in a corner::
sapphire2988 chapter 8 . 9/6/2004
That was really good. I liked how you didn't just repeat everything that Frodo already wrote about the Council. I also really like the way you described Urwen's reaction to the ring. That was very powerful. I'm looking forward to an update!
Lily the Bucklander chapter 1 . 8/21/2004

I'm putting up four stories on my site, /lilythebucklander. They are...

1. The Adventures of Lily Took

2. Lord of the Rings: The Apartment Complex

3. Lord of the Rings: The Musical!

4. The Fellowship Goes to the Beach

So check it out!

Morwen Eleniel chapter 2 . 8/14/2004
Hm, this story might turn out well. She doesn't seem very Sueish so far. (I'm on the second chapter.) I would like to see more personality flaws like greed, impatience, irresponsibility, or something like those. She happens to have some reason to go to Imladris. You have decent grammar and spelling and good writing. It might turn out to be a interesting twist of an old cliche if you try to figure out a plausible, canonical reason for her to tag along. A great twist on a tired cliche of Girl-falls-into-Middle-earth is the fic "Don't Panic".

Morwen E.
Dread Lady Freya chapter 8 . 8/13/2004
It seems we are always our own toughest critic, and you're no exception! You're much too hard on yourself! It's always tough to trying to add to a canon scene. How much should one retell, how much should one assume the reader already knows. The Master is, after all, The Master and we all love his works, but if I wanted to reread a canon scene word for word, I'd stick with the original. (Sorry, I'll put my soapbox away *grins sheepishly*)

I think you did a very good - no, make that 'an excellent' - job with the council, letting us see it through a fresh set of eyes. I especially enjoyed the Ring trying to seduce Tanneth (evil, I know muahaha), gives us some insight into what Boromir might have been going through.

Well done, my friend. BRAVA!
Witte chapter 8 . 8/13/2004
Absolutely wonderful! I've been waiting and waiting for a new chapter, I was worried maybe you weren't going to continue this particular story. This is SO well written. I can't wait until the next chapter. Go Breck!
Nymredil72 chapter 8 . 8/13/2004
Wow, wow, wow! This chapter was AMAZING and definitely worth the wait! I am quite positive that Tanneth will be falling for Boromir (I read some of your other reviews and everyone seems to have figured out long before me that it was him... *hits self on head*) but you have done an amazing job of having them introduced... Thank God that you didn't make it love at first sight... Tanneth even had the courage to confront Boromir when he voiced his desires to weild the ring. Brilliant!

Your description of the ring was one of the most beautiful I have ever read... I don't know how you do it... amazing! Really, when I was reading that, my mouth just dropped open and I gaped! It was pure poetry! *bows to Breck* Praise to you, O Talented One...

Thank you for the compliments... I'm glad that you love TME so much... I know you're worried that I'm going to not focus on Frodo and Sam, but after chapter 11 (in which Aragorn, Gandalf, Merry, ect. discuss Frodo and Sam extensively) the two groups will meet, and they will be together for almost the rest of the story... so let not thy heart be troubled!

Speaking of Sam, even though he is not the romantic lead, please give him a substancial role to play... please? Please, please, please, please? *gets down on knees*

But no matter what (even without Sammie) I am sure this fic will continue to amaze me. It is definately going on my favorite stories list... I'm waiting with baited breath for the next chapter, so hustle!

Galatyn Renner chapter 7 . 8/3/2004
Now it's my e-mailing you that's not working.

Great to see Urwen in Rivendell, and reacting to the hobbits!

Thanks so much for your reviews. They were very constructive, and I haven't gotten many of those lately. I'm glad you liked the hobbits, and my method of getting Firiel to M-E. This last will be explained in more detail later, by Gandalf.

I hope you'll continue reading- I've just put up Chapter 21. Boromir is dead. Sob! Oh well, it had to happen. On to Rohan now! I've really been looking forward to writing Eowyn. Oh well, off to research Anglo-Saxon culture. Fun!

G. R.
Catta-mese chapter 7 . 7/22/2004
Oh, no... I can see where this is going, but I don't like it. But it's too late to save me now...I'm going to enjoy a tenth member fic. What is the world coming to?

'There was another elf, though, whose beauty eclipsed the grace of the high elves at the head of the table.' You have no idea how happy I was to read the 'she' after that statement. I was afraid that this would turn into another Legomance...

::checks date of last update:: Oh, bloody heck. Only four days. This is going to be a long couple of weeks...