Reviews for A Mess of Pottage
DeepBlueJoy chapter 4 . 8/8/2014
Well done. I think you made the right choice with Alicia. Not everyone can be redeemed.

I discovered your previous story on another site, and googled you because Salvation was a unique story in all the time I've been reading Buffyverse fic. I've encountered a couple of 'christian fic', but Salvation didn't preach. I like that.

You made me feel very happy for another reason. I have a souled Drusilla who's a good Catholic girl... and I know she's an odd person to center my story around... It's good to know I'm not utterly 'out there', though I'm definitely a bit 'out there'.

I write about all sorts of people - sacred as well as profane and I try to stay true to the character. When Dru got her soul, it just seemed right that she should become a righteous woman. She even went to confession. If it interests you, it's on Twisting the hellmouth. How Drusilla got Her Soul Back and the sequel Turned from Darkness.

Peace and thanks,

Blue
aka
DeepBlueJoy
Mandy chapter 4 . 8/18/2006
An interesting take. I'm not much of one for Original Sin but I'm certainly on board with sin having consequences, even if you repent of it. I was more touched by the Esau comparison myself in the whole selling your birthright thing.

You did a very good job of presenting us with someone who'd never had a moral compass. I'm interesting in knowing why Spike didn't give voice to the source of his.

Overall, I liked it. It has me itching to discuss theology with you, which is, perhaps, dangerous but it's a topic I love. :)
zzilly14 chapter 4 . 11/10/2004
Poor Alicia. Poor Spike.

I'm enjoying your stories in this Christian Spike universe. 2 down, 2 to go!
Carol chapter 4 . 7/19/2004
Keep up with the spiritual Christian AU Spike coz I just love it.

Thanks for writing another AU fic.