Reviews for Evolution
Unformal Sorrelle chapter 23 . 7/26/2014
I started reading this to distract myself from freaking out after I drowned my phone (I know, I'm pathetic :P ) and well, it's kept my attention for the last few hours. Yay for that!
This was quite a different read. The first half and the last half were very varied, I guess. So... I'm reviewing them differently.
I really liked the light tone of the beginning with the running gags and Team Rocket just... being Team Rocket. I found it interesting that Ash was trying to be a pokemon researcher and all the hilarity of that. The little references to the show were fun. The bet made me laugh.
The second half... well it was original, I guess. Some of it was slightly confusing and seemed to come out of no where but parts of it was enjoyable as well. I didn't mind Puck for example- he was interesting. I kinda wish more had happened with the Mewtwo thing but I can live. I'm not entirely sure why everyone turned out to be Ash's family- makes the first half a little more confusing- but whatever. The Angel of Death thing was... inspired I guess. Not sure what by but... Yeah. Never even considered Ash Ketchum- Uber Powerful Being of Destruction. And really, by the end I'm just wondering why Ash is so concerned with keeping his human life stuff- I mean, the relationships I can understand- Ash wouldn't leave his friends for anything- but just- idk. That part was complicated. And I'm guessing on of the training chapters was a crossover? I found the ending a tad abrupt, with Ash having Sephiroth hair and saying that no he's going to be a pokemon master when throughout this fic he's already been referred to as such because of his championship? But I digress, all of this certainly kept my attention. Is there a sequel in the works?
All in all- I don't think I'll ever read anything similar to this. It's very unique.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Is team rocket going to capture him?
JChittester chapter 3 . 6/30/2014
story is getting really good.
Guest chapter 17 . 6/21/2014
Brainmeltedwhatthefreakjusthappend?! ,Lykgky,hkjlhlgdjetjybrjbrgjynjrtjt
Guest chapter 14 . 6/21/2014
Angel?! I'd accept that if it was misty but ASH,?!
gamesharker chapter 23 . 3/30/2014
It has now been two years to the date (minus one day) that you have uploaded. I think it is about time you make a sequel.
Jus Sum Dude chapter 11 . 3/21/2014
A helluva tone shift on chapter 11. Honestly, it just feels awkward and stilted. Everything up to that point had an excellent sense of levity and natural flow. You were doing so well! But then you decide to completely flip the story on it's head?!

You're introducing WAY to many new elements right in the middle of the story, this isn't a stunning reveal, this is fucking second exposition, and a clumsy one at that. As a matter of fact, it might as well be a second story.

You really need to learn to control your own ambitions. You're writing was rushed, but inspired and you certainly had no shortage of flair. Learn to slow down and discipline yourself.
Miss Starfire chapter 14 . 3/9/2014
Oh, the plot thickens.
Miss Starfire chapter 4 . 3/9/2014
Evil, little pokemon!
Miss Starfire chapter 3 . 3/8/2014
I love that the pokemon can "talk."
Miss Starfire chapter 2 . 3/8/2014
*Hi, Dad,* she called to me. - OMG! I've seriously been laughing my butt off for ten minutes at that line. No joke.
Miss Starfire chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
OK. The plot is kinda weird but it seems very unique to me. Let's keep ready.
doubledamn chapter 8 . 11/26/2013
If I met Giovanni. I would suggest to him attempting to engineer a Hoenn pokemon known as Sableye with the Ability Wonderguard.