Reviews for Evolution
uh, dafuck was the starting line break?
Guest chapter 15 . 11/7/2016
This went from pokemon to Harry Potter in 0.03 seconds!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/6/2016
Its Celebi not Selebi!
Guest chapter 13 . 7/30/2016
Aaand... the fic kind of goes off the rails here. Not bad, per se, but not for me. Oh well.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/30/2016
The Jynx form really, REALLY bothers me. I know it was basically a one-off joke, but it changed the whole tone of the fic for what feels like a cheap laugh. All of Ash's other forms seem serendipitous, but in the Jynx case they specifically seek out and force his transformation. It seems messed up to me, especially since the other 'Magian' act like they have a type (which they cater rather than forcing diversity). I would have preferred an 'accident-yet-perfect-fit' pokemon to fill that last spot (like the ninetails) OR a comedic series of events leading to the Jynx form. As it stands, it seems like Ash got Shanghai'ed into something shitty FOR ETERNITY. Not cool at all.
StarOfTime chapter 9 . 5/21/2016
Sword in the stone reference anyone?
iCelebi chapter 1 . 5/6/2016
I am offended that you spelled my name wrong. JK
Rachel Elizabeth chapter 23 . 2/22/2016
Pretty good
Z chapter 3 . 12/1/2015
... err, the stone that stops evolution is called the everstone, by the way.
Aegorm chapter 3 . 7/14/2015
Did you have to make Ash's pokemon so pathetic? He was the champion and now he lost to Misty of all people.
shugokage chapter 23 . 5/25/2015
Definitely an interesting story good job!
PokeGamma54 chapter 23 . 5/6/2015
So far, this has been one hell of an interesting story, but if you're using a spell-checker... It sucks. A lot. More than a few errors every chapter. But that didn't get rid of me, it was still interesting. I hope for more!
PokeGamma54 chapter 1 . 5/5/2015
There were more than a few spelling errors and I can guess there will be more. But it's interesting.
Unformal Sorrelle chapter 23 . 7/26/2014
I started reading this to distract myself from freaking out after I drowned my phone (I know, I'm pathetic :P ) and well, it's kept my attention for the last few hours. Yay for that!
This was quite a different read. The first half and the last half were very varied, I guess. So... I'm reviewing them differently.
I really liked the light tone of the beginning with the running gags and Team Rocket just... being Team Rocket. I found it interesting that Ash was trying to be a pokemon researcher and all the hilarity of that. The little references to the show were fun. The bet made me laugh.
The second half... well it was original, I guess. Some of it was slightly confusing and seemed to come out of no where but parts of it was enjoyable as well. I didn't mind Puck for example- he was interesting. I kinda wish more had happened with the Mewtwo thing but I can live. I'm not entirely sure why everyone turned out to be Ash's family- makes the first half a little more confusing- but whatever. The Angel of Death thing was... inspired I guess. Not sure what by but... Yeah. Never even considered Ash Ketchum- Uber Powerful Being of Destruction. And really, by the end I'm just wondering why Ash is so concerned with keeping his human life stuff- I mean, the relationships I can understand- Ash wouldn't leave his friends for anything- but just- idk. That part was complicated. And I'm guessing on of the training chapters was a crossover? I found the ending a tad abrupt, with Ash having Sephiroth hair and saying that no he's going to be a pokemon master when throughout this fic he's already been referred to as such because of his championship? But I digress, all of this certainly kept my attention. Is there a sequel in the works?
All in all- I don't think I'll ever read anything similar to this. It's very unique.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Is team rocket going to capture him?