Reviews for There You Were
Nona-018 chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
this story made me cry!
WickedXLove chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
omg! you are the first person on fanfiction to make me cry! :'''''''')
readerchick6 chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
So sad! I am on the verge of tears! Good Job!
dogangelsrule chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
That was really sad, I shed a few tears, but I loved it. Great job!
nozomulover chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
this is really sad, im actually crying, i know that's pathetic, but im really sentimental, i cry at movies and books all the time, you did a good job, i just wish tohru hadnt died.
hana chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
That was sad, it made me cry every time I read it. It's really good though, but what happened to the girl that pushed Tohru onto the street? She must have felt at least a little ashamed or upset. It really matched the song! ...I'm still crying T.T
0ra3ngxsp0rk chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
You really know how to write a tragic story. I cried during this story! My my my!

To bad Tohru died. At least she's in a better place.

Ja ne
Ariyana chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
I've finally gotten a chance to sit down and actually read and comment on this piece. Anyway I think you did a fine job of handling such a sensitive subject matter.

I had a few issues with characterization though it was mostly after Tohru's demise that I had problems with the characterizations. I really couldn't feel Shigure breaking down, it's not that he doesn't like her but he is the type to hide his true feelings and mourn behind closed doors away from prying eyes. Also Momiji isn't really as young as you wrote him. Now Hatori, I don't think he would wait an hour to call Shigure about Tohru. If anything he would call Shigure immediately after he got the call about Tohru. And Akito, well there is a lot going on there but Akito has a deep seated hatred toward women. So it is unlikely Akito would react to Tohru's death especially if Akito wasn't the one who cased it. At least manga Akito wouldn't react, Anime Akito might harbor some regret.

The other thing that threw me was how fast she was buried. It takes longer than a day to get someone buried. Trust me, I've had to handle funeral arrangements.

You did have a few typos in there as well but overall I would say that this is a good one-shot that dealt with a dark subject matter but remained sensitive and sympathetic. It didn't come off like you were bashing Tohru at all. Heck you didn't even bash the Fan club girls. You took elements that actually exist in the manga and went to the extreme case scenario with them. This could easily be something that could have happened if certain events had been changed. So a big kudos to you for writing a good story.
red tears of blood chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
still crying it was good
Dark Inu Fan chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
I don't know what it is about with me today, but I'm just reading all these sad stories. there are so many things that you can relate to mcbride songs, because they are from real life. keep up the good work on your other stories, dark
AnimeOnna chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Oh. My. God. That was frikkin SAD!

What's really scary about this (and I think another reviewer mentioned this) is that I can see something similar to that happening in Furuba. She fakes a smile, she feigns happiness, all the while, she's hurting, and nobody guesses. Then BAM! Something horrible and undoable happens and Tohru is no more. I simply can't imagine Tohru's way too depressing. I love my Tohru-chan. As you can guess, I'm crying my eyes out, now. *faves*
Tikaru chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
;_; WA ;_; I miss Tohru. That was so well writen it was GREAT! STUPENDOUS! I never liked those fangirls ...there little dance scares me...
Guest chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
im not gonna leave a name but i liked your story it was very sad, i almost didnt wanna finish it. I cant stand sad stories but you are a very good writer.
fairyfurby chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
this is amazingly well written you should be very proud of this story it is a heck of a tear jerker!
hypersarcasticinternetaddict chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Oh god I'm seriously crying! Honestly! This is the only story I have ever read that has been able to move me to real and true tears. I'm not kidding. I love that song, and reading this Wow. Words fail me...