Reviews for Chaos Theory of the Truth of the Reunited Kingdom
liz chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
stunning, I like the idea and also the fact that you kept the style in sync with that of Tolkiens. please continue this I would really like to see how it unfolds.

liz
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 7/9/2004
I'm enjoying the story; but notice you've posted Chapter 4 twice in the same chapter.

Looking forward to Aragorn's next meeting with Faramir.
Berzerkerprime chapter 3 . 7/8/2004
Interesting premise, I must say, and it is well written. I like that you made a respectable and respectful attempt at Sindarin, as well. Much better than a lot of people I've seen, that's for certain. Slight corrections to the phrase, though.

To my knowledge, there are no Sindarin words that are romanized into starting with K. Not only that, but I can find no indication of the existance of the verb "cwivo." Near as I can tell, you meant to use the verb "cuia" conjugated into the imperative "cuio" which means "live." Close enough in meaning, I suppose, but all in the way of precision. If you're dead-set on using "wake," the closest I can find is the noun-form of the verb, "awakening," which is "echui" and since it's irregular, I can't fathom how to reverse-engineer it back to a verb-state.

The phrase you have for "my son" would actually be translated "me son" and not make a whole lot of sense. "Nin" is "me" while "nín" is "my." The accent represents a lengthening of the vowel sound and it profoundly changes the meaning.

And finally, the word for "now" in Sindarin is "si." Yes, in this case it follows an N which would usually trigger soft mutation and make it, "hi." But in this case it doesn't since it's not a part of the noun-phrase. If anything, it would be counted with "cuio" as a part of the verb-phrase, ie "wake now." In any case, though, no soft mutatation.

All in all, it would come out to "Cuio, ion nín, si" for "live, my son, now."

Bado na sídh a hebo teithol! _

Berz.
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 7/8/2004
Lovely,this is one of my favourite parts of the book.I hope you'll explore Faramir and Aragorn getting to know each other.
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
Very interesting story, and you obviously write with some emotion, as that comes through quite plainly. I've always liked the idea that Aragorn could be the father of Faramir, at least in fanfic land. Is there more?
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 7/6/2004
An interesting story.I look forward to more
126 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9