Reviews for Gods and Demons
Shadow Serenity 57 chapter 23 . 6/20/2010
Okay, so I've just read this entire story in like two nights (sacrificing some sleep to do so), and though I admit that I usually don't like ones with fakes (especially when there are many more fakes than official pokemon), I've been sucked in.

It... doesn't look like the fic has been updated in some time, but I certainly hope you haven't quit or anything with it, because it honestly is very... what's the word? Captivating? Something like that. Anyway, seeing some of your end-of-chapter comments, it isn't uncommon for months to pass between chapters, but yeah, I just hope you haven't given up.

One thing I noticed that I thought to point out was in Ch. 22:

"She found an empty spot on the far side of the yard and let out Rufus and Tarahn before tossing the mooskeg's pokémon a safe distance ahead of her."

I think you meant to say "mooskeg's pokeball".
UnluckyAmulet chapter 23 . 1/1/2010
A really different trainerfic from the normal, and it's also incredibly absorbing. I like the new pokemon introduced- they have interesting data entries and descriptions. The Gym Battles are especially entertaining- I liked the psychotic Belladonna in particular. I figured she'd have to have something special about her with that name.

I don't like Matt much, particularly his holier-then-thou attitude. (Chapter 16 especially.) Oddly, it puts me in mind of a prince, such as his angry comment about Belladonna wearing the royal purple. As for Moriko and Russell, I like the interaction between them and how Moriko is gradually growing more confident yet somewhat hardened. I'm sorta indifferent to Russell's character though, but it's probably just because as the group's peacemaker he gets less screentime. I like Angela as an antagonistic character though-she and her group are fun to hate.

The supernatural aspects of the story- the mysterious women in the first chapter, the two sinister men and the murders going on actually interest me less then the actual journey. It's hard to explain why, it's sort of BECAUSE they're so clouded in mystery, they seem kind of disconnected to the main plotline. I'm sure you have plans for them to come together, but I generally don't find myself as engrossed with them. I do like Xyleon a lot better then Nintendo's version of a grass Eevee. (Wow, this is a long review for me...)

Keep up the good work

~Amulet

ps: I do find it interesting (and sort of annoying) you elect to write "gods" in plural to things, such as "godsdammit".

pps: Aww, you were looking for pokemon suggestions? Looks like I'm several chapters too late for that. Ah well.
Estuary chapter 23 . 12/1/2008
EURGH I miss this story so much. I may have to accept its demise, however... SAY IT ISN'T SO, KELERI. BAWW.
WyldClaw chapter 7 . 12/8/2007
Yeah! they all won their first badge
Moriko no Hikari chapter 23 . 9/24/2007
What's a ROM?
Moriko no Hikari chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
I found you! I've been searching for 2 years to find this story again. I moved and forgot the title. I've based a story on Gaiien. I hope you don't mind. It was a school project and if I ever get it back, with your permission I'd like to post it here.
SunLight chapter 23 . 11/4/2006
Great chapter, interesting characterizations of several characters (Angela and Matt), and I'm glad I was right about Ophelia and the cuts on David's arms all along. ) I like your treatment of moosekeg also, and Moriko's observations of Gaiien. Keep up the good work.
Mr Jolly Man chapter 23 . 10/27/2006
great story ) )
Julie chapter 23 . 10/20/2006
Once again, a chapter that brings up some tough but interesting questions. Poor Ophelia, I hope they let her live...does her going crazy have anything in common with Liona's brother, or is Matt's theory correct? So many questions! And it's interesting that Angela and David are going home - now I'm wondering if not having Angela as a rival anymore is going to change how she views battling...
Julie chapter 22 . 10/20/2006
Gah, I can't believe it's taken me so long to read/review these new chapters...I had to find time to sit down and read back through a few of the older ones, just to remind myself who everybody was, what the pokemon looked like, etc...I just noticed in the review forums that GF suggested a website - I *totally* second the idea!

Anyhow, great chapter again - you set up a really neat concept with the arboar/svarog storyline (and I like the Balrog references, hehee). Just to make sure I understand it properly - do *all* arboar turn mad when they evolve? Do they only evolve under specific circumstances? I'm really interested to learn more :) (from a biologist's real-world perspective, a species evolving into a form that could wipe out the rest of its species or parent species would be impossible...it's nice that in the Pokemon world things like that can happen). Is the svarog really still fire and grass type, or just fire?

And the bit where Matt is trapped by his fear in front of Dzalar is so well done - it's so real and realistic in the sense that I got the impression that I *would* feel that way, see everything around me in that way, if I was in that situation. Really, really well done again :)

Oh, and the moosekeg is awesome, I love her attitude and Rufus trying to convince her that Moriko is not so bad, it's too funny!
Laghail chapter 23 . 10/11/2006
Keleri,

Well done Keleri, I was expecting good things from your story and I got great things. As I began reading and got to the moosekeg, I was thinking it was nice and exciting but the straightforward gangbeat of this poor pokemon pokemon was kinda lack luster. With that thought in mind I read on into the svarog battle, that half-lucid, Mines of Moria style desperate duel. Perfect, the two fights were so diferent that each made the other better. And Moriko using a nearly full team to catch the hapless moose? Sweet.

Reading into chapter 23, like your other reviewers said, I was struck by how callused Moriko was about the mauling and I think that was a nice touch. It did seem that angela was the typical gary rival and honestly, that would have been ok. But making angela reformed and moriko bitter brought reality into your fic. Moriko's comment about the bully video was right on.

Looking forward to chapie 24, ~Laghail
BenJS chapter 23 . 10/11/2006
Subscription ran out huh, can't really say that I'm sorry :P Seriously though, it's nice to see a new chapter, and I sure can relate to procrastinating over assignments.

Moriko seems a bit cold about all this. I know without a doubt that I'd be at least a little worried if someone I knew got that hurt, even if I didn't like them. Is it just me or has the characterization done kind of an about face in recent chapters from the earlier ones? First Moriko was the 'hero' while Angela's mob were the obnoxious rivals, and now when Angela's group are brought down to a more realistic level despite Mor's biased views it's Moriko who seems like a jerk.

Morkiko's right I think, what she is doing with the Mooskeg does seem like cruelty. It really didn't have any other choice from it's position. In terms of personal honor (or at least mine) and what's accepted as right and wrong in this world, Moriko should have released it when she knew it wouldn't co-operate. This just goes to show how different the mind sets of those in that world (trainers specifically) are than those in this world (ideally, but let's not be too naive). Not to mention that, once again, Moriko isn't as great a person as she initially appeared to be - though she is just a kid, after all.

Matt's explaination seems very plausible in my mind. The whole 'battle mode' thing is a common concept even if it isn't explicitly stated. Misinterpreting anothers' action while in this mindset could easily and often happen, though perhaps going no further than a growl or nip.

**when we were going out**

So Dave and Ange aren't actually going out any more? I don't think it was mentioned anywhere earlier. It's not an complete surprise though, since being together so much and all that stress from being on the road could make for a really tense reltionship, even for those who aren't a couple. I probably just misinterpreted that though, in that you actually meant when they gou ~out~ out, as in a date or something. Oh well, it pays to cover all bases.

So Ange'll probably be going back home with Dave? Strange, with their increased appearences I've been getting the vibe that the two groups would team up, at least for a little while.

Anyway, I greatly enjoyed this as always. Good luck with the next chapter.
whiskerwing chapter 23 . 10/10/2006
Awesome! Man, you are totally showing me up, if you keep putting more out I'm gonna have to hide my head in shame!

Although I have the same excuse - I'm a guild leader for my WoW guild, and that means it takes extra time. ]

And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the picture for you. ]

But! To the story. The first part was kinda choppy and hard to follow, it's entirely possible that a full reading one after the other would make it flow better, but I kept getting a little jarred as it moved back and forth.

Once that settled down, I loved it. I really enjoyed the bit with the Moosekeg, and I TRULY enjoyed the bit at the end, with Moriko debating the morality of it. I'm extremely curious to see where that goes, and I feel so terrible for the poor borfang.

I also liked the further humanization of the other team - I'd have to go back and read the beginning again to see if it was out of character with how they'd been introduced, but it really makes Moriko look heartless. XD
Quizer chapter 23 . 10/10/2006
Great chapter. I haven't read pokémon stories for a while, but you clearly put more thought into the hows and whys behind the pokémon world than the average writer, and it shows. I'm looking forward to see where you are going with this.

Quizer
ViktorMayrin chapter 23 . 10/9/2006
*sends prayer to the expiration God*

Yes! New stuff from Kel! I can't wait for more!

Oh, and I'm gonna send you and Kari some stuff about the Legendary Trio I'm working on. Expect it no later then tomorrow.

Viktor