Reviews for The Hourglass Mirage
Hexterior chapter 3 . 9/13/2006
You have captured all the character's feelings really well... especially Ginny and Harry.

There were a couple of spelling errors and so on over the story but nothing major - I can see you've been quite careful.

"Harry gradually sobered, her momentary resemblance to Dumbledore (sans flowing, floor-length, silver beard)" - erm - why 'sans'? That's French! Unless I've never heard of the English stealing it for our use...? But anyway, should be 'without'.

I hope you are going to update though I see from the last updated date that you may not! Well, it's your choice - write for fun! And if you update you shall have a reader...
Hexterior chapter 2 . 9/13/2006
Your description is beautiful! The plot is getting really cool too. I would suggest you find a way of inserting some dialogue to break up the lengthier bits of description though - it makes it easier to read. And your dialogue is really good, very characteristic.
Hexterior chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Wonderful description, and an amazing plot! What a great idea - the repairing the diary and everything. It actually works flawlessly, I think.

So Arthur's going to be stupid and try to Apparate into Hogwarts? Hm, I wrote a scene once where someone tried Apparating where they couldn't (Grimmauld Place) I wonder if you've done the same effect...? I shall go and see.
Serena chapter 3 . 4/12/2005
Fantastic Story! Cant wait till the next chapter! -
Ace of Black Hearts chapter 3 . 4/10/2005
Wow, this story is wonderful. Your chapter is long and very well written and the plot is just amazing. I like the way you've made Ginny more mature, even though you still understand that she's still just a kid. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, because I'm anxious to know what's going to happen to Tom, so please update soon.
Alyssa chapter 3 . 4/9/2005
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I thought this was going to be one of those awesome fics that gets you hooked only to never see an update...thank you! You've probably got lots of work to do, so thanks doubly for posting.

This made my week:) I love the description of the house that looks like whatever someone wants it to be...a very clever spell, and very Slytherin! The teaser has me looking forward to chapter 4 even more...I can't wait to see how the interrogation goes. "Tom shoes his expertise at manipulating what should be absolute." Exactly what I'd picture him doing! I was wondering how Tom's going to try to get himself out of this one.

The odds are stacked so high against him, but then again he isn't the charming Heir of Slytherin for nothing, right? Lol, I'm bad though, I always root for the villian! Not that I like the concept of "villian" much anyway because it makes everything so two-dimensional and uninteresting...but I'm rambling.

I also can't wait to see what Dumbledore and Tom have to say to each other; that calculating look briefly seen on his face is intriguing, because I've often thought old Albus is a bit Slytherin in his own planning and ability to intimidate his enemies.

Considering that this is Tom, who managed to get away with murder during his school years, they're certainly a formidable match. Definately a battle of wits I would not want to miss!

I also loved the Harry and Ginny interaction, how they're both coming to see each other for who they are, rather than a fixed idea in their heads (as in, Ginny seeing Harry as a hero, Harry seeing her as Ron's little sister, part and parcel of the Weasleys). Wonderful chapter, you've definately outdid yourself! And there was much rejoicing in the land of Tom Riddle fanfic...
Voldy's pink teddy chapter 2 . 10/12/2004
My appologies to anyone who is in anguish to here what happens next. I myself am, as I love writing this story, but unfortunately I have an evil amount of homework at the moment that I need to keep up with, including writing a story for my creative writing class that does not have anything to do with Harry Potter (the horror). Hopefully, I will be able to start working on this story again soon, though. Sorry it has been such a long time since I have last posted.

Voldy's pink teddie
Anne chapter 2 . 10/4/2004
When oh when will the torture stop? I love this story to death, I hope it hasn't been abandoned. *cries* Okay, I have no life. Still, this is the best Tom Riddle story I've come across in quite a while; I can't wait to see how you write Tom, especially now that he's caught. I doubt he'd be overtly hostile, since he isn't stupid; but a lot of his fate rests with Dumbledore's decision and he knows it. Should be interesting to see how Tom plays things. And trying to figure out how he got there in the first place! As for the whole Gin and Tonic thing, I didn't really see this as a romance; I think it would actually be more intriguing to see them in a story where they're not written romantically, because it seems more realistic.
Lady Lestrange chapter 2 . 9/19/2004
Interesting beginning. I will keep reading. Love Tom/ginny. Especially Gin and Toxic.

Come read and review my fics.

ladylestrange

I have the 2 longest Ginny/tom fics, although they are not totally Ginny/tom.

Lady Lestrange
Niemand5 chapter 2 . 8/20/2004
Very well written. Update soon!
Puss chapter 2 . 8/19/2004
Oh! Very interesting! What's going to happen to Tom? I hope to see more soon!
Tom M. Riddle and his lawyer chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
So, Ms. Voldy's Pink Teddie, I see that you have arrogantly rejected my request that you cease and desist from portraying me in an inaccurately negative fashion. As per my earlier warning, I intend to file suit for defamation of character. I have a myriad of reasons for doing so. I have recently been informed that my rather cruel public image has harmed my popularity. I will not allow some upstart fanfiction author to further ruin my reputation.

My only true comfort is the knowledge that my beautiful, omnipotent, omniscient evil genuis of a wife will someday seize all of your power, kill you, and parade your lifeless shell through the streets of your shared hometown. However, for now I must attempt to financially bankrupt you, because it is the most efficient way I can find of raising enough money to hire the best public relations agent in all of Hollywood.

Now, I must go deal with that other horrible author who has written that I enjoy lemon drops. Unfortunately, my wife has for some reason blocked my ability to investigate that person. I'm very confused and hurt by her behavior, and have suggested couple's therapy...

-Tom Marvolo Riddle

The Future Dark Lord Voldemort
Renee chapter 2 . 8/17/2004
*running around in glee* I'd wondered if you'd be continuing with this- I'm so glad you did! The story continues to intrigue. This reminds me (very loosely, I'm not implying you copied or that the storyline is that similar) of Kate Lynn's excellent "Savior of Darkness." Dumbledore and the people around him find themselves with the moral dilemna of what to do with a sixteen-year-old version of a not-quite-yet Voldemort. I look forward to seeing where you go with this!
fire-sprite16 chapter 2 . 8/16/2004
Nice story! It's turning out pretty good! Reading it the second time I'm finally putting the pieces together, although I am wondering where Tom came from?Update soon!

Oh and the review from that "Tom M. Riddle" guy... Funny beyond any review I've encountered.

Ginger
Tom M. Riddle chapter 2 . 8/15/2004
Voldy's Pink Teddie:

My name is Tom M. Riddle, and I represent my client, Lord Voldemort, as his hotter, younger counterpart. I have been reading your work, and I have a very simple request. I ask that you stop maligning my character, and that of my future self. If you insist on persisting in this venture, I am afraid that I shall be forced to sue you for defamation of character.

Really, I'm not such a bad guy! Sure, I kill and torture people, but I'd honestly rather not do so. If everybody would only obey my every wish, nobody would get hurt. I really don't want to kill anybody; it's just that I get so angry when my orders are disobeyed, or when someone disagrees with my values.

Since you seem to fit into both catagories, I would truly like to murder you myself. Unfortunately, my wife informs me that she is to be the one to ultimately cause your painful, protracted demise. This angers me greatly, but she is infinitely more powerful than I am. Therefore, my only option is to work through legal channels. Expect a subpoena within the next few days.

Sincerely,