Reviews for Darkness and Light
Sakura123 chapter 16 . 4/9/2008
Totally awesome! I loved reading every moment of it (even if I wanted to thwack Slayer for trying to off "Scott Summers" before realizing things were not as they appeared). It was even cooler in the last couple of chapters as I listened to James Horner's "ALIENS" (Epic score!) Soundtrack.

Anyhow, I love how you reconstructed the storyline concerning Scott's infidelities and the overall decay of the X-Men after Jean discovered Cyclops' affair (and her inevitable death). Oh, and thank-U for making Emma the villain (fully aware of her actions) of this story alongside Apocalypse. The characterization was awesome - Slayer is still a awesome Original Character, the action sequences were a pleasure to read (I seriously loved the end of chapter thirteen, major surprise there!), and the resolution of the story was well executed.

All in all I enjoyed reading this story!

Sakura123
Goddessoflight191 chapter 5 . 8/2/2007
you killed Scott, no
SD chapter 6 . 6/11/2006
I wanted to make two comments. One is that you abuse ellipses. When you see ... everywhere, it's hard not to be distracted by it. It's also not the best thing you can do, grammatically speaking. Second is that Jack sort of strikes me like a Gary Stu. He's all powerful, he is on a special quest, and the plot centers around him. I don't know if this gets better in later chapters but it's something you need to be cautious about.
Cuz I Can chapter 16 . 5/10/2006
wow, its been a while since ive reviewed, but i had to say sorry about the "Z," i wasnt referring to your writing or anything, i was trying to put you on my favorites list, or the story or something and i had a bit of a slow moment and kinda just typed anything to get that in there, but it was great and i cant say anything other that that!
LycoX chapter 16 . 4/2/2006
Great ending man. I really liked how you made a different path in this. And I agree with you when it comes to Marvel, they've really screwed up things with the X-Men.
Raina chapter 16 . 12/28/2005
I LOVED IT ALL! Slayer is an amazing OC, I'm going to go read some other stories with him in them now! The ending was perfect. I'm so glad everyone's okay (except Apocalypse of course). Well done
Raina chapter 8 . 12/28/2005
I love it so far still! The Scott situation is definitly getting interesting. I want to find out his condition and how everyone will deal with what they find! Nice job on the story! _
Raina chapter 1 . 12/28/2005
I'm half way through and I love it so far! Nice job and I can't wait to see how the rest folds out. I've got to know what happens to Scott!
skyblue777 chapter 3 . 10/13/2005
Very cool. I like it so far. Good Going - I'll stick around for sure :)
simba317 chapter 4 . 4/20/2005
Yay, it's a totally convienient way to make sense of all the stupidness in the X-Universe. How could they do that to the Romy? How can they still be doing it to the Romy? They deserve to be happy, but no, Antarctica happened, Sinister happened, the world ending happened. And the whole Scott and Emma thing just really really pisses me off, as much as I kinda hate Jott for the was it's written in fanfiction, I actually still like them, sorta and they belong together like Romy. Like why the hell are they reaping havok to one of their classic relationships, it's like Mary Jane without Spiderman, or Lois Lane without Superman. Their angst is just way to stupid. Not to mention unbelievable. They're supposed to have this all encombasing love, but no. It's like what they're doing to the Romy now. Why now of all times are they gonna separate them, AGAIN. They freaking died together, they lived together, but no, God STUPID, STUPID Marvel. Jesus Christ, have you ever considered that I wanna see a fluffy happy ending with no angst in it, besides, "Oh no, how am I gonna save the world, or oh no, how am I gonna improve mutant-human relations." huh, huh, have they? And so ends my rant.

I really liked this chapter, it had some great Romyness, with the whole, "No, you hurt my woman, now die." thing with Remy. Slayer totally kicks ass I love your OC, it's like HA take that X-Men, I'm too cool for you. And he totally just whopped their asses and hung it to dry. I totally love that he's so powerful and mystical all at once. The different ways he took out each of the X-Men were great.

And Scott is Apocalypse, it's funny how Emma was really having an affair with Apocalypse; it really makes me see her as a kinda a slut as opposed to Hellfire and Brimestone Emma who is just angsty and mislead. As the real Scott Summers would never cheat on Jean, geez Marvel, get it right. It's like Could the real Scott Summers, please stand up? -weird self madefeedback noise- Could the real Scott Summers, please stand up? Uhh...I think we have a problem here... I got carried away and almost launched into a full memory lyric remembrance of Eminem's the Real Slim Shady, X-Menified. Not a word I know, but isn't it weird that Scott's nickname is Slim too?

Yay, ya fixed up all the terrible messiness in the X-Universe, you're now my hero. Update Hellfire and Brimestone, or as I call it in my own weird way, Hellifire and Brimistone, don't ask why, I'm weird. I'm currently scronging Agent-G's account for an update.

CYA on tha flip side, I've always wanted to say that, but I'll settle for typing it, I guess.

~simba_317
jessclifton chapter 16 . 4/10/2005
This story is so awesome dude!
wolfy ale chapter 16 . 4/5/2005
This story was wonderful! Hope you keep writting more stories! When I say you rock, I really mean you ROCK!
jenskott chapter 16 . 10/15/2004
I've just come across your story and have read it. It's really good. I like me your way of writting off the shit Marvel has done in the last four years or so. I agree whole-heartily with your opinion about it: The writers aren't trying telling good stories now. They just kill good characters and break up lovely matches only for the shock value. However Cyclops/Phoenix isn't, in my opinion, the most enduring Marvel pair, but Mr. Fantastic/Invisible Woman. Of course, Scott and Jean belong together anyway. And Logan/Ororo, Warren/Betsy, Remy/Marie... Have I mentioned I loved that final bit?

The writting was pretty rich and detailed -exactly like I like it-, and the storytelling was well-done, even though you abused of cliffhangers -but I'm not complaining-. Your character, Slayer... It might have become a Mary Sue easily, but you managed he fitted in the X-Men lives, and was likeable. No many would accomplish that with a made-up character. By the way, the Eye of Sphinx sounds many to the Eye of Agamotto. It's one of the Dr. Strange's influences, isn't it?

However, I've one pair of regrets. First: No Rachel and Nathan. Ray is one of my favorite mutants, and she happened be back in that time -I think, I quitted the comics after 'E is for Extinction', and swore off them when I leafed over NXM 131-. And I'd like knowing how Nathan would feel knowing he didn't kill to Apocalypse, but he tricked them and made the everyone's lives a hell.

My second trouble was the Jean's powers' treatment. You'll see, I read the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga long before of finding out about the excuse they pulled to bring Jean back. And making up an energy being named 'phoenix Force' impersonated to Jean took away the spirit of the best X-Men saga ever. And cheapened the ordeal Jean went through. So I've always renegated from that crap, like others renegate from 'Madelyne is an alternative Jean Grey' or 'Monet is a twins set'. And I doesn't like when in a tale the author uses that. But you aren't mistaken, I enjoyed your story nonetheless.

I'll be reading your next stories. I hope they be just so good.