Reviews for These Strange Games
The RyRy chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
Beautiful. I do enjoy it when people write from Nooj's point of view so well. Here, it seems like some early thoughts that Nooj could easily have been the villain of FFX-2 are justified... like with lines such as "Sometimes I don't know which I want more. My own death? Or the end of everything?" You do wonderful work, all in all.
Insanity Prelude chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
That was very... Nooj. I like the description of being possessed by Shuyin.

And I can't think of anything else to say, so that's all the review you're getting from me. XP
Empress-Eerian-Sadow chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
:-O wow. that was good. really deep. and very nooj i think. maybe you should do one of these "companion" pieces for gippal too!
Syvia chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
Can't let this story stand without more reviews. You are wonderfully skilled at first-person stories. :D I know so many people who think they're tedious.

Something I don't know if I've told you about Red as Snow- I never found Nooj half as menacing in the game as I do in your story, and for that, I thank you. It's so much fun to see new perspectives in fan fiction, and as you say- from Baralai's perspective, Nooj betrayed them- nearly murdered them; menacing indeed.

I shivered when Nooj described Shuyin's control, and loved it- so very sinister and wonderfully described.

*sighs* As for the game *shakes head* Nooj's angst, for me, is dimmed by the comedy of Leblanc. *shrugs* Pity.
Ikonopeiston chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
It is a pleasant thing to learn that one's words have not fallen into nothingness. I appreciate your addressing my criticism in such a constructive and satisfying manner. Yes, of course I remembered that Nooj was possessed at the time of the events you were relating but I could not believe that so strong a personality would be so totally submerged in the persona of its hag. We seem to have noticed much the same things about our boy, Nooj. He is one of the more intriguing inventions in the FF world, reminding me of Hamlet, Athos, Heathcliff and other tormented angst-deviled dark characters. Thanks for this story.