Reviews for Kill or Be Killed
buytbuyt chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
I think the characterization is WAY off dumbed down. Kagome have started aiming to kill since book one. Yura of the Hair, youkai though.
SlipperyLiz chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
A realistic portrayal of emotion, and of some of the less... glossy aspects of Inuyasha's time. Good job!
Grimtash chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
I finally got my lazy self on over here to read this, ad I must say, it is in keeping with your tradition of fine writing, Sentinel.

I am next on to read The Killers and the Killed, as you told me to.. just now I regret that it took me about a month to actually do this.

Well... that's my two cents..

So far I am very intrigued.

-Katsu-

*que "the Facts of Life" theme*
jschu25 chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
Hi

I think this was an excellent idea you had and original too. I was reading the story following this one and thought I'd see how your other stories are, I really like them. jschu25
ShortPoet chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
I am totally and utterly dumbstruck, I had to check and make sure that I was still on because I never thought that I would read something this well written here. Darkless Vasion mentioned that I might want to take a look, but I never imagined the depth of story I would find when I did.

You've managed to come up with the most unique piece of fanfiction that I have read on this board to date. So many of us, myself included, take for granted that other dangers still existed in the past, besides demons. Even in the anime there are touches of this, but this is the first fic I've read that had Kagome having to deal with taking a human life. Your portrayal of her reaction to this is very chillingly realistic.

I don't know if you did this intentionally or not but you've touched on a truth that is evident even today in our world. How many would be victims of some random act of violence are out there alive today because they had to take their attackers life? They are alive, but they are left to deal with the fact that through no fault...or rather intention of their own they have taken another human life. It all seems so black and white when you look at it from afar, but the reality of it is a whole different ball game. You were so right, only someone who has gone through that experience can know how that person feels though not fully, because every instance has its own nuances that make it unique. Eventually people do move on with thier lives, but they are forever changed as are those around them who've helped them through.

So thank you for sharing this with the rest of us here. Fics like this are unfortunately rare, but they are definately appreciated whenever they appear. This was definately worth my time to read, you obviously have taken great care and put alot of effort into your writing not to mention the talent you have to weave an entertaining, yet insightful story. Well done.
DarklessVasion chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
*stunned silence*

You have grasped the true essence in the difficulty of traveling in a war-torn land, and the moral delemma that must be solved on a personal level for "those unlucky souls" who are dropped into situations that are not of their own making nor choosing.

Life happens and it is not always good, we must make the best of the bad or all is "evil"

You have completely floored me with your rendition of this story. Your writting style shows experience, and you kept your characters true.

To quote one of my favorite books: "One thing that I have noticed in all the ballads and stories of deeds of daring and glorious battles...is that most often the 'Hero' ends up with a serious case of 'Dead'"

&

"In wars, with people dying...loosing limbs...parents, siblings, friends are lost, there is always someone in the back yelling about 'how glorious and wonderful it all is!'"

I too did a little research for my stories, but I looked more into the "legends and fairytales and Pantheons" for fodder, as Rumiko uses a lot of that for her story plots. I wanted to be fairly authentic so my stories could be dropped into the real one almost anywhere and be believeable.

"Shell Shock" doesn't just refer to concussions from bombs going off but to the overall shock of horrible conditions when "man" does his best to exterminate each other.

Finally, a story that really explores the world of InuYasha and the impact that would have on a sheltered youth.

Bravo! -**applause**-
Iggy04 chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Nice story. I was hoping there'd be a few chapters, but sadly there aren't. I hope you write more, but by the looks of it, it's only one-shot right? :( Great job, nice description of Kagome's reaction.
Rincewinded chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
Good, nice & deep. And true to life. That is important. Remember that.
Shesshou's BynxS.Wooz chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
SUGOI!

That was sad but SO KEWL! if this is a continuos(?) fic then haleluyah! if it's a one-shot then boo hoo! but still it was SO KEWL!