Reviews for Winter Of Our Discontent
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2016
I realize this is an old fic, but I just read it and want to let you know that I really loved it. It was beautifully written and it struck a chord in me, so thank you for writing it and leaving it up for me to discover so late.
SunGokuSanzo chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
It was heartbreaking to read Sanzo's struggle to accept Hakkai and Gojyo, since he appears to have already almost completely accept Goku, into his life. Just by his thoughts and reactions, I could tell that he suffered. I don't like the thought that Goku could ever fear Sanzo, it just doesn't compute... but I guess that when he was younger, Sanzo was probably more tempermental and cold. As unbelievable as it seems, he probably mellowed out sometime before the Journey West began. This fic just showed me a tiny piece of that possible past as Sanzo was getting used to Goku, Gojyo and Hakkai.
Vaoni chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
That was a beautiful story.

Thanks for posting it
9ine chapter 1 . 2/26/2006
This story is awesome.

I've read a fair share of 39 fics and I have to say, this one stands out because it's so simply right; you've captured the characters' personalities perfectly. I love the way you make the readers use their imagination to specualte on some parts; I love it when fics don't give you the whole picture, and you have to dig in to reach a conclusion.

I'm rambling, but anyway, this fic is a winner XD

Great work!
Crimson1 chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
This is too good to just end so...incompletely. More?
D-chan chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
Oh, my God. This is beautiful.

Absolutely stunning piece on Sanzo. So few people can capture his serious moments while remembering that much of his irritation can be seen as amusing. (My favorite line had to be, "If any flies had gotten into the room, Sanzo was going to make Goku eat them." I couldn't stop snickering. That was a refreshing yet in-character threat I've never seen in this fandom.)

But while some of his irritation was amusing, some of it was not. The part where he punched Gojyo was believable- and I really liked how Goku was confused as to why Gojyo would want to apologize when Sanzo was the one who hit him. At that age, acts like that would definitely perplex him.

Sanzo's own inner confusion when it comes to Goku is touching and realistic. It keeps within the feel of the show, not breaching any of Minekura's works by outright saying there's love there, but it's strongly hinted for those who want to see it.

Absolutely fantastic. I adore this piece to death now. And the contrast between the title and actual setting in the story is amusing, but fitting.

Gorgeous.

~ D-chan
keistje chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
I'd really like to talk to you about archiving your Sanzo/Goku stories on a web site I'm setting up, but you don't have an email address listed. Please email me at the above email address if you're interested in more information. Thanks!
NekoMegami-chan chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
Yay! What a great story! I can't wait for the next chapter. I love your insight.
Ropponmatsu III chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
How incredibly cute... I'm a sucker for SanzoxGoku, and it's really nice to see actual good characterization in these pairings. I hate the "lyke omg if only u new, lolz!" Sanzo types. But that's just me.. ; I loved it, it was really good. Loved it,loved it, loved it But my friend'd be neutral if she read it, because she's obsessive over commas, so make sure you get those in correctly for people like her. They'd freak out at the end... Heh. I didn't mind.

Ropponmatsu3
closet yaoi bunny chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
wow, that was awesome...you write Sanzo well _
Nikkichibi chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
I must say, I really enjoyed this story. I want to see more of it, is there more? I see no indication if there is or if this is the end, please add that. I really liked that the characterizations seemed true and perhaps my favorite part is when it says they never said what needed to be said until someones feelings were hurt, or someone's face was punched in, kand by then, the painful memories would stay. That seemed very fitting for this group, keeping things bottled up inside. how angsty, I did like this!
keistje chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
What a breathtaking view of Sanzo. So where did the scars come from? Why does Sanzo with scars seem even sexier? Goku touching his back is so sensual, and their interaction is wonderful. I think there's more than just Sanzo/Goku hints here! I'd love to see more of their relationship!
Zelgadis55 chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
Oh, this is looking interesting, I am looking forward to the next chapter already and I only JUST finished reading this one :)
TheSacredFlame chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
Wow... The world needs more SanzoGoku people like you _...
Jei chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
Aww, this fic is so good. It captures their characters perfectly, and it's well written, and it's one of my favorite pairings! Please update soon!

~Jei