Reviews for These Tears You Cry
Cushion chapter 18 . 9/21/2012
Ai, this is... this is so very sad ):

My heart ache for everyone - especially for my poor, stubborn Legolas. I truly sympathize with Elrond as well, and I cannot bear to imagine what it is like to witness once again, a loved one face the same tragic happening as his wife - to be perhaps the one who understands the most of what Legolas is going through, and yet so helpless to help.

A truly heart-breaking story, and so wonderfully written as well.
dead4you chapter 18 . 10/14/2011
You are such an amazing writer, is silly! I've read this entire story, and I am amazed at how detailed and fluid it is. And, what's more, I find that you've written everyone like how I would imagine them acting! At the end, I swear to you, I balled my eyes out! 10/10 Rating. Great job!
Freddie23 chapter 18 . 9/20/2011
Loved this story! The characters are brilliant, not ooc at all I don't think. Wonderfully written and well thought out plot.

Looking forward to readig the sequel.
Black Hawk chapter 18 . 1/7/2011

I am blown away by your prowess and bow before you as a true storytelling goddess. You have shaped a story about guilt, shame, love, hurt, and hope with the finesse of a whispered word. I cannot get over your innate ability to build such tension, both among the characters and between the reader and the written words. There was scarcely a moment when I wasn’t staring at the screen, clicking away with hungry eyes, eager to read as much as I could in one sitting… even though I have read this story before. That is no small feat and one that so many of us strive to emulate, only to fail.

Your sense of timing is impeccable, and the slow unfolding of the story is such a strength. The languid (yet action-filled) unraveling of the tale is natural and expertly paced. You understand the dramatic potential of every situation and utilize it to the fullest. Where a lesser author might have told the story chronologically, or even in flashbacks, you chose a limited point of view. While we got wonderful glimpses into nearly all of the characters’ minds, we were always left wanting more, and always only knew as much as they knew, if that makes sense.

All of these factors came together to create an exquisite, suspenseful, heart-wrenching tale. By the end, my throat was tight as Legolas and Aragorn parted ways… seemingly forever. Mae carnen, mellon-nïn. Mae carnen indeed.
dgraymanfan200 chapter 18 . 11/8/2010
You guys did great on the story, I LOVE it XD.

P.S. where did you guys get the idea for the story? :)
Romanse chapter 18 . 3/13/2010
You are a true Angst goddess Supreme! I feel wholly wrung out with having undertaken this journey with Legolas. I absolutley LOVE how you explore so thoroughly the HUGE emotional damage that has been done to Legolas and the many people who suffer along with him because of his trauma.

You write some beautiful dialogue and frankly, some of it I had to listen to again to catch all the full meaning of it.

I love the part that the twins played in this story. I seldom have come across fics focusing on Aragorn - Legolas friendship that gives the twins meaningful parts in the story too.

If there is one thing that could be done better I would say resist the urge to almost "insta cure" Legolas after he's been injured. For example, the last section, he'd been shot through with an arrow on top of the numerous physical injuries he already had, but it didn't get very much attention as he prepared to leave.

Brava on a job well done and I can't wait to see what will happen next in the following story.
Ohtar Vicky chapter 18 . 3/20/2009
It was wonderful! But so sad!
fangirl29 chapter 18 . 12/22/2008
This is the most powerful LOTR story I have read. Your depiction of the hurt and angst Legolas carried with him was so intense. Aragorn's feelings of hopelessness brought me to tears. I hope you receive this msg even if it's years after you posted. Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful work :)
Not Here 999 chapter 18 . 9/2/2004
I really want to leave a review, but I am at a loss for words. I really don't know what to say other than WOW! This story was disturbing, and I mean that with the utmost praise and esteem. It touched so deeply. I must now move on to the sequel. Well Done!
ghemstone chapter 18 . 8/23/2004
As you had 99 reviews, it seemed unfair not to round it off to an even 100, which i think is still too low a figure for a wonderful fic such as this. So, it is with great pleasure that i present you with your 100th review.

This fic, like it's predescessor has been top quality from chapter 1. The writing couldn't have been more exquisit. The charaterisations, interactions and emotions were heart wrenchingly beautiful, and there are no words for the way you write angst.

I think i've told you before, but there are few authors on this site who write angst which tears your heart out, but you are one of them. The characters angst becomes my own while i am reading, so well do you describe it.

I am so glad that i know you have BTD on the go, otherwise, i'd be absolutely gutted at having to wait for you to start your next fic.

Thank you so much for posting and re-posting this wonderful piece of fiction. I look forward to more from you, as always.

ghemstone. x
Gil-neth chapter 18 . 8/20/2004
Wonderful story! I loved it, ecspecially the Legolas angst. I liked the English you let your characters use. It was not the modern slangy Elgish which would so not fir, nor was it the 'ancient' English which would make the characters appear stiff.

What I did not like so much was that you put the Elvish translations at the end of the chapters. This way I always had to scroll down and then up again. Perhaps you should have put the translation directly behind the elvish, in parenthesis or so. That would not look as nice but it would certainly make it easier to read.

Well, I'll go and read the sequel now.
Jade chapter 18 . 8/18/2004
Phew! What a hectic few last weeks! And how wonderful it was to FINALLY be able to go on the net and find out that you finished the story!:)

So, congratulations on an amazing story! It is by far the best story I have had the pleasure to read in quite a while!

Now, I'm off to read the sequel. I can't wait to see what happens! Again, congrats!:)
tmelange chapter 18 . 8/18/2004
Very sad, mon ami! Very sad...
tmelange chapter 16 . 8/18/2004
Great emotional responses in this. Gives the story a lot of depth. Kudos.
Gemini969 chapter 18 . 8/12/2004
I liked this story greatly and I hope to read the sequel whether it's already existing or if it's on the way. Well done.