Reviews for A Meeting of Eagles
CalmReader chapter 7 . 1/19
Oh, what a pity, that this story isn't updated anymore!
PhantomFemme, you've done great work so far, and I can't understand, why your inspiration had left you!
Your language is beautiful, descriptions are very detailed, characters are genuine.

I'm personally happy to find a PoTO fanfic with Jane Eyre's character in it. She's one of my favorites in literature, and I think she'd make a wonderful pair to Erik. It would be so interesting to read about their first meeting.

Oh, well... I just hope your muse would finally find you and you continue the story!
PeekabooFang chapter 2 . 12/9/2015
After all your great reviews, I just had to check out your stuff, and I'm loving it so far!

I adore Jane Eyre, but would have never thought of pairing her with Erik. Great idea! And I like that she's going out to study music at the behest of Christine. Makes things come full circle, lol.

Christine and Raoul are also wonderfully in character: kind, compassionate, and loving. I can't wait to keep reading!
Meadowlark's Songs chapter 7 . 7/7/2008
You really must continue, its so hard to find a true Leroux Erik with an OC. This seems to be truest to the farthest extent so please update again.
Meadowlark's Songs chapter 5 . 7/7/2008
There is something in your writing that I haven't seen before in others writing...but I can't put a finger on it..but it draws the person in but not only that, its kind of hard to explain but it doesn't seem hurried or rushed together...or maybe its just me...either way you are a good author.
Meadowlark's Songs chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
You've drawn me in.
Mominator chapter 3 . 4/22/2008
An interesting relationship now between Erik and Christine. Does Raoul know of it? Or is he merely aware that Erik is still alive?

Mominator chapter 2 . 4/22/2008
A very interesting start. Love your description of Christine - still a child, even having been married 10 years. :D

I think I vaguely remember this story from the first time you posted it. Wasn't the protagonist supposed to be Jane Eyre? Though I suppose this way she's yours alone. Besides, where would that have left poor Mr. Rochester?

A couple of minor corrections. Firstly, Jane would "lose" herself in the music not "loose" (which is the opposite of "tight.") And secondly, "compte" is French for "count" only in the numerical sense, such as counting one's chickens before they're hatched, or count from 1 - 10. Raoul and Christine's titles should be "vicomte" and "vicomtesse."

Hot4Gerry chapter 6 . 1/8/2008
I just started this. I didn't read what you had posted before so I don't know how you have changed it. Some chapters are a little short and do have a few errors. By and large it if a very good story. I am going to take you at your word that you will finish this. You say your muse had left you? Do you remember what line you were going to travel down with the story line? I thought it might go along the lines of Erik becoming Jane's benefactor. Buting her clothes and things so she will fit in. If they have any presentations at the school which all schools do she will need some more attractve clothes. I think prettier clothes may make her feel just a litle brighter and not quite so melancholy. It sounds as if Erik may be a little less malancholy himself.
Mominator chapter 6 . 1/8/2008
I have just discovered your story and wanted to let you know what a delight it has been to read so far. I love your portrayal of Jane, and of the relationship that has developed between her and Christine.

After you described the convoluted way Christine must sneak her letters to Erik, I appreciate that you actually took the time to mention how unhappy it made her to go behind her husband's back to write her former tutor. Many authors don't bother with the finer details like that and it's nice to find one who answers my questions before I have to ask them. :D

Once complaint - it's not "vicompt" or "vicomptess" but "vicomte" and "vicomtesse." PLEASE leave out the "p." ("Compte" means to "count" something.)

I do hope your muse is more inspirational soon, because I would LOVE to read more of the coming relationship between Erik and Jane. And if you have another technical difficulty, as you did last year, why not continue to write (gasp!) by hand? That way the story wouldn't have to wait (except for the readers) and your muse wouldn't grow bored. :D

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Barb

erickson at ridgenet dot net
terbear chapter 6 . 1/8/2008
I hope you'll be able to update this pleasurable story sooner than you expect!
LadyShard chapter 5 . 6/23/2007
This is a beautiful story and I wonder why you haven't finished yet. I was so involved in your story that I couldn't wait till Erik and Jane met but alas we are not there yet. Tell me what happened to Edward Rochester? I'm dying of curiosity! Please continue :)
HDKingsbury chapter 5 . 12/29/2006
I am very late in getting this chapter read and reviewed. Sorry...

Yes, the chapter works well as a transition, along with the explanations about the letter. I wondered about Raoul allowing his wife to correspond with her Angel.

From a technical pov, I found a few misspelled words scattered thoughout the chapter - vicompt/vicomptess (vicomte/vicomtesse), odesy (odyssey).

Thank you for posting a new chapter. Next time, I shall try to read and review in a more timely fashion.

HDK
terbear chapter 5 . 12/21/2006
2 of my favorite stories combined - I really liked the hint of Jane Eyre. I hope you'll be able to update more often so I can watch what may develop between Jane and Erik!
HDKingsbury chapter 4 . 8/15/2006
I think it's cute, the way Christine gets what she wants from her husband. And they are such a sweet couple together. I admit I am not much of a Raoul de Chagny fan, but you do a nice job in creating the picture of a loving husband. And I like how you addressed the fact that Raoul was disinherited by his brother. Yes, I can easily see that happening in the aristocratic families of the time.

HDKingsbury
HDKingsbury chapter 3 . 8/15/2006
A short transition chapter. I find it interesting that Christine and Erik correspond, and apparently with Raoul's permission - or at least his knowledge.

HDKingsbury