Reviews for Independence
Chris2035 chapter 2 . 9/10/2010
Okay, so I just started reading your story and normally when there are already several chapters I read them all and then leave a review after the last one (most of the time).

But right now the strangested thing happened to me.

I had just finished reading part one and you see... I get distracted really easily, so I skipped over to youtube and happened to come across Janis Joplins Me and Bobby McGee. Now imagine my surprise when I actually found the lyrics in part two of your story.

My point being you might ask? Well, rereading the first chapter I realised that that wasn't much a coincidence but actually your writing of Faith that had already set me in this mood. Just found that extraordinary and it never happened to me before with any other story I have read.

So to cut a long story short: Great, great work! Really amazing characterization!

Okay, I hope my rambling made any sense at all (english isn't my first language) and I'm off to read the rest as quickly as possible!

- Chris
interdiction223 chapter 29 . 7/19/2010
wow that was a well told story, i couldnt stop reading thank you, and please continue your writings.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 29 . 3/17/2010
Interesting idea, I have to admit.

The look at Willow and Faith’s future created an interesting hook to capture our attention, and the subsequent exploration of their lives in the last days of Sunnydale proved to be VERY dramatic in every conceivable manner, while their subsequent relationship after leaving Sunnydale as they begin to realise and learn more about each other came across in a very believable manner (Even Willow and Faith’s final revelation about the reasons why they’ve been ‘pushing’ each other makes sense, even if it seems a bit convoluted; sometimes people CAN just screw up without there having to be in-depth psychological analysis involved in their reasons for doing so).

The addition of their respective grandmothers to the plot was a BIT of an unexpected twist, but it generally worked out fairly well, and the subsequent exploration of Buffy’s issues regarding her feeling worthless in the new world she’s created was generally done rather well, even if I still remain ambiguous about the idea of her having had feelings for Faith back during Season Three (I’ve never been a fan of those pairings where it seems like people assume any close relationship between two people has to feature some degree of sexual tension; it sometimes seems like people think it’s impossible for someone to be close to someone else without them shagging each other’s brains out six ways to Sunday).

Still, in the end, as far as the Buffy/Faith thing goes, my only real reasons for being ambiguous about it is what it does to the Buffy/Angel pairing (Angel was always my favourite character); Buffy being as ‘interested’ in Faith during Season Three as she implied she was here just feels like it’s undermining the depths of her feelings for Angel, which is simultaneously contradicted by Buffy’s trouble in coping with Angel’s death (To say nothing of her reaction to the memories of the Day-That-Never-Was).

In the end, however, the only thing I am REALLY ambiguous about in this story is Faith’s connection to a group that can be traced back to the origins of the Watchers, however; it’s an original concept, but it just seems to make Faith’s family history WAY too complicated, to say nothing of ruining what- for me- was always the best part of the series.

What I liked most about the Buffyverse is that- with the obvious exceptions of Giles and Wesley, who were trained for their roles from the beginning-, everyone involved were essentially the ‘men on the street’; even the actual ‘warriors’ just got their ‘jobs’ by random chance rather than because something in their pasts made them specifically destined for their current role (Anyone else could have become the Slayer, another vampire could have just as easily been cursed, little details like that)...

Giving Faith a connection to an ancient organisation that actually PRE-DATES the Slayers is dramatic, don’t get me wrong, but it completely RUINS what I really liked about the series; she’s no longer the randomly-chosen underdog, but was selected by the higher powers for a SPECIFIC purpose...

Still, the last scene with Faith and Willow awaiting the birth of their daughter was rather cute; might be amusing to see what their kid turns out like in some future story.
morthel chapter 5 . 7/28/2008
The sex scene in chapter 5 was just... unnecessary. It didn't develop the relationship between the characters in the least, and it was far from realistic. Otherwise, good job on this fic.
Michi the Mischievous chapter 29 . 4/19/2008
Just wanted to let you know this is one of my absolute favorite stories.
Wispr chapter 29 . 8/6/2007
WOW... talk about intense! Your writing brings the character so powerfully to life! And the emotions... just mind boggling how you bring them across to the reader.

Thanks you for such a Fantastic story!

Dude72 chapter 29 . 8/28/2006
wow , that was amazing, probably one of the best stories i've read. You had the characters written perfectly and the plot was great. I'm deffinatly thinking sequal, it would be great, mostly b/c i just want this to keep going. This was awesome, great work
bigguy204 chapter 29 . 12/5/2005
Wow! Simply amazing! This is one of the absolute best stories I've ever read! You just cracked my "3 Best Stories Ever" list - Congratulations... :-) I'll give you a longer and lot more detailed feedback tomorrow.

Wonderful, astounding, exciting, terrific writing!
Gina1982 chapter 29 . 8/22/2005
a wonderful story for sure. this is my favorite W/F story thus far. you are a great writer.
subway20 chapter 29 . 4/21/2005
Simply amazing. Words can't describe how I feel about that story. It's wonderful. You're such a writer. Thank you. THANK YOU. I don't know what else to say, except maybe: give us more W/F stories !
DesireeStorm chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
Okay right now I'm reading another of your stories. Which I must say are totally wicked. I caught a a/n at the end of ch.6 for the url for Seasons of Faith, tried to write a reveiw for the one before, but my computer was acting up. I am digging this angle of buffy being the dark one, though must say will with the swriling green, scary. Keep up the excellent work. I am almost done reading all the stories that I dl of yours. Soon must get the rest. Thanks for taking the time to write for us. We are no worthy bows and grovels LOL. Laters!

Aradan chapter 29 . 4/16/2005
A fine and wonderful story. I have followed it from the begining and am a bit sad to see it end.I enjoy the delving into the minds and having real motivations rather than just shallow charactures. Keep up the good work. i look forward to your next story.
cbscifijunky chapter 29 . 4/15/2005
This was outstanding, Norwalker. You have such a talent for taking these characters and REALLY bringing them to life. This one is SO my favorite fic of yours. Hope to see more from you soon.
fan chapter 29 . 4/13/2005
i may have rviewed once or twice over this, but no really that much...i only review usually to tell sumthing rong, or if its at the end and now i can voice my complete opinion, which is that this story is perfect. completely perfect...i like it more then ne of ur others, and ive read em all. there is not one thing i wud change about this story. its great...u need to start another one...buffy/faith maybe? hehe...but really ur so good at riting, i thot u shud no that i think u have incredible talent, and i NEED u to rite another one. please.
Whispers chapter 29 . 4/13/2005
thanks...great written work.

hope to read more of faith/willow stories from you:)