Reviews for Glorfindel's Fall
Agena K chapter 2 . 3/28/2010
Dear Althelas,

This is great an awe-some story. I truly love it especially the idea of FIN not being alone and being a Dad. He'd be an awesome one. I also love his revenge on the twins that's just too cool! I'm glad someone wrote it. YAY

but one point: Glorfindel never participated in the Kin-slaying.

See below:

fro Glorfindel in the First Age:

Glorfindel was among the Elves who left the Undying Lands in defiance of the Valar on a quest to retrieve the Silmarils from Morgoth. It is said that Glorfindel took part in the rebellion because of his kinship and allegiance with Turgon and that Glorfindel did not participate in the killing of other Elves known as the Kinslaying.

In Middle-earth, Glorfindel settled in Gondolin, the hidden realm founded by Turgon. Glorfindel was the lord of the House of the Golden Flower. He fought in the Battle of Unnumbered Tears in the year 472. When the battle was lost, Glorfindel helped guard the flanks as Turgon and his remaining forces retreated to safety.

Gondolin was attacked by the forces of Morgoth in the year 510. Turgon's daughter Idril escaped along with her husband Tuor and her son Earendil and other survivors. They fled over the high pass called the Eagles' Cleft, but they were waylaid by Orcs and a Balrog.

Glorfindel allowed the others to escape by engaging the Balrog in battle. They fell together into the abyss and died. Glorfindel's body was retrieved by the Great Eagle Thorondor and he was buried near the pass under a green mound covered with yellow flowers.

Glorfindel's Return:

Elves were immortal and thus did not die of natural causes, but they could be killed by violence as Glorfindel was. When this happened, their spirits went to the Halls of Mandos to be judged, and after a time their spirits could be restored to their bodily forms to live again.

Like all those who participated in the rebellion, Glorfindel was banned from returning to the Undying Lands, but it is thought that this restriction was waived in Glorfindel's case because of his noble sacrifice in defense of the people of Gondolin. He was reincarnated and dwelled for a time in the Undying Lands. He may have become a friend and follower of the Maia Olorin, who was later known as Gandalf.

When Glorfindel returned to Middle-earth is uncertain. He may have accompanied Gandalf around the year 10 of the Third Age. But it is more likely that Glorfindel came earlier, possibly around the year 1600 of the Second Age at the time when Sauronforged the One Ring. Glorfindel may have gone to Middle-earth to help Gil-galad and Elrond defend against Sauron's growing power.

I hope you don't mind the info. I've found that when other writers and I in comics share info like this back and forth it makes all of our stories stronger and gives our writing community a stronger sense of friendship.
jimmy-barnes-13 chapter 4 . 1/14/2008
That was very good, I enjoyed it alot, very funny :D
Celebwen-76 chapter 4 . 2/8/2005
Oh! This was so sweet, and extrememly funny. I love fics where people finally get revenge on the twins (I wrote one myself, lol). Fabulous job!
trinkadawn chapter 3 . 1/30/2005
LOL I LOVED this story! Wonderful job! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next ;) *hint hint* -Trinka
washow chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Very nice, I love Glorfindel fics.
Carawen chapter 4 . 11/4/2004
OMG That was hillarious.

Oh how I wish I was a fly on that bedroom wall to see the looks on their faces when they went to get dressed. lmao

That was great Claudia... (claps)
Ren chapter 4 . 8/30/2004
Very nice! Glorfy and the mud puddle. lol! Looking forward to "Moonlight and Shadow".
Karri chapter 4 . 8/8/2004
I;m not really big on romances, but this was nicely done. It is pretty rare for an elf to remarry, but not impossible, and it is clear that Glorfindel did not do so lightly. Well done. :-)
Kaye Thorn chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
Ha time with Estel and Uncle Glorfy, absolutely brilliant and very cute. Rarely have seen Glorfindel fics, are you going to take this farther? Good job, update soon!

รพ
Coolio02 chapter 4 . 7/12/2004
Good, Glorfindel was finally able to get his revenge! I enjoyed this fic!:-)
Kellen chapter 4 . 7/11/2004
Heh, I'm not usually in for romances either, but this was good, my friend. :o) I did enjoy it so much.

Not many writers who write Glorfindel (that I've seen) let him have a family. I think its a wonderful approach.

cheers,Kellen
grumpy chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
love this story, and now i see i have another chapter to read. I am still laughing over the first chapter, where estel wanted to be a wizard along with other things, and maybe not a warroir, if he is going to end up in bed. love it even more that the twins are sending him to Gloyfindel, because he asks to many whys.
Any chapter 2 . 7/11/2004
Oh no! Poor Glorfindel. Of all days there are to play a prank on him this surely is the worst of them! I hope he will manage to carry through with his plan to tell the lady of his feelings! Nonetheless I must say, I couldn't help but grin all the way through this story so far! It's a wonderful story and little Estel is adorable! Love it!
Kellen chapter 2 . 7/11/2004
Oh no... *laughs* Poor, poor Glorfy!

Yes, I enjoyed this chapter immensely. I especially loved Estel biting his brother's hand. I've had that happen; kids seem to find the most efficient ways of doing things. :o)

cheers,Kellen
Aragornwriter chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
Good to see this story up on ! This first chapter was very amusing, with Estel's constant questions and the way his brothers react to it. Very charming. Hope you'll continue soon!