Reviews for Chrono Cross The Novelization
TazmaniaLizard chapter 9 . 4/3/2013
Hi just one more thing about your story here, you forgot the dream of Kid on the beach where she turns around and smiles, after fighting Lynx and switching bodies, but you could still put it in. I do really love Chrono cross but it would have been soo much better without the boatload of characters to recruit, and focus more on story. That is why I am writing to Square enix and Nintendo to remake the game on the Wii U and have only 7 playable characters, and update the graphics a little because the cg scenes are beautiful the way they are. Anyway keep writing Peace
TazmaniaLizard chapter 10 . 3/21/2013
Hi how are you doing? I just had a thought what if they remade this game, with less characters and more story , like adding more land like the Kingdom of Zeal (where Schala and Janus/Magus/Guile came from) and Guardia to see Lucca's house/orphanage of what remains from the fire, it would be awesome and then it would be a true sequel! As for this story, I really hope you will continue. Serge should find Glenn Leena and Guile/Magus/Janus first, making Serge believe that Kid is dead, (but she's not) when Lynx comes he use Kid to attack them because of some sort of control thing he has on her. (I don't know what else to call it?) Anyway keep writing Peace!
TazmaniaLizard chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
Hi just coming and giving more ideas for your story here if you want to use them to expand the story (chrono cross is a great game but it would have a better story if they didn't put all those characters in it and focus more on story and plot just my two cents worth), anyway there was a part in the game we found out that kid is alive and then next time we see her she was unconscious, I think maybe have Lynx know about Schala and since Kid is her daughter Lynx should try to have more control on Kid and fight Serge again and to not obey him, for Harle make her evil because you know of the dragons and not connected Kid in any way. all righty then peace out and take care
TazmaniaLizard chapter 12 . 8/31/2012
Hi i think this is a great adaptation, there was like only one mistake which I found which was when Lynx threw the dagger at Kid (she sees Lynx throws the dagger pushes Riddel out of the way and gets hit instead) but that doesn't matter sort of, so don't listen to the others who may bash you screw them this is your story and I hope that you continue. I just have one idea you can use if you want, I was thinking instead of that stupid alien have Kid find the wings of time the epoch with the (ability of time traveling taken out) as a gift from Lucca. So best of luck peace!
Keito chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Hey why didn you finished it, i mean are you with writers block or somethng like that?
Java Bum chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
A basic, "blow-by-blow" as if reading a strategy guide. This adaptation lacks the depth in the storyline.

The dialogue is pretty much verbatim. So much seems to be missing from it, in my opinion, but at least Serge spoke at points (still nowhere near as heavily as he should have).

Your writing style is fluid and I did like it, but the story itself is lacking.

In my eyes, Chrono Cross was a great story that needed to be removed from the game, and this doesn't do it.
DemonSurfer chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Hey..I had an idea to do this. Scary.

I bet this is one of those stories where you look back on it and cringe, huh?
rigormortisss chapter 11 . 9/11/2007
This story is EXTREMELY good. One of the best novelizations of Chrono Cross i've read to date. I hope to see you update it soon.:D
GBAgentOtaku chapter 12 . 6/28/2006
That's a great novelization of Chrono Cross _ LOVE it! Keep it up
sakura chapter 12 . 5/1/2006
Please update soon! I can't stand waiting for a story this good!
sakura chapter 9 . 5/1/2006
I look forward to reading this story every chance I get. I certainly hope that there are more than eleven chapters in this story and I really like it. I'm glad there is a story so much like the game, it makes me really happy because I'm a HUGE fan of the game.
sakura chapter 4 . 4/30/2006
I am loving the fact that this story goes right along with the game. Maybe you'll write more stories after this, hm? :)
Akenshi chapter 12 . 1/22/2006
took a while.. but was well worth the wait lookin forward to the next chapter
bandgsecurtiyaw chapter 12 . 1/18/2006
great work i cant wait for more
Omega Gilgamesh chapter 2 . 12/28/2005
Quite good, so far. Most novelizations and self-inserts are written by people with little to no skill and/or imagination, and you're definately breaking the mold. You kept Serge fairly human, and actually had him do stuff besides the direct events in the game. I especially like how you ended off the first chapter (after the prologue). Nice to see Serge acting his age, as it's very easy to make the hero of games tough-as-nails and always-keeping-cool-and-calm.

Now, with the good things aside, let's se if I can find a few things that might help make you better. At a few points, such as Leena's speech on the beach...stupid unintentional rhyms, during her speech, I, personally, would've broken it up a little, like have her pause at certain points like "she paused for a moment, thinking of the deep feelings associated with her words, before continuing".

I would normally give tips on action sequences, as they're my forte, but I don't think I need to press my (abnormally high) standards on you for this subject, you're doing well enough in other areas to cover this.