Reviews for Not Even Human
whimsicalscissor chapter 14 . 2/1
Edward has gained confidence living in the city, but I hate seeing the effect it's having on him. (so so so sexy I'm swooning)
Kennedy sucks. Really good job writing him to be hated by all.
Keep writing and can't wait to read the next chapter!
whimsicalscissor chapter 13 . 2/1
THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE FAN FICTION! It is so beautifully written. I've been meaning to write a review, just this chapter struck me especially. I did expect Victoria to be related to Esmerelda!
You write Edward so beautifully and truthfully, I feel like I can sometimes sense him in the room. You make me fall in love with him all over again, with his innocence, and humanity that most humans lack (cough cough Kennedy)
This is really really great. I'm so excited to see what happens next! I've been thinking about this fic non stop. This is such a great story line and the characters are all so complicated and deep.
How did you remember all that stuff from the etiquette lessons? (or was it copy and paste?)
This is such an incredible story. You are an incredible writer. Keep up the fantastic work!
Random Reader chapter 20 . 6/26/2016
The his whole thing was just lovely, thank you for making it
AnonymousFangirl01 chapter 20 . 6/28/2015
I'll be completely honest with you, this is one of the absolute best stories I've ever read. It's beautiful in every way and you somehow found a way to portray the characters and their emotions perfectly. I love the detailed writing style you have, it makes it so much more intriguing and flows extremely well with the overall tone of the story. Never stop writing, you have an amazing talent!
Space Dimentio chapter 20 . 9/25/2013
No reviews since 2008? What is this?
I rather enjoyed the uniqueness of this story. So many Edward Scissorhands stories are about some girl wandering up to the mansion and falling in love with him, but not this one. Besides a good imagination, you also write very well.
FreeSpiritedOne chapter 20 . 2/20/2008
I thought about your story all day today at work. I've never done that before. This resonated with me for reasons I don't understand yet.

I do know I loved your portrayal of Edward. He was sensitive, child like and lovely. I enjoyed how he grew throughout the story, how he found his own voice. I nearly cried for him when he was a bug with it's legs being pulled off. I almost stopped reading.

Then I encountered Victoria who reminded me way too much of the hypocritically judgemental people I grew up around. I deeply disliked her (though she was very well written). When I began to think the narrative was siding with her and that your beautiful story was descending into some sort of evangelical salvation of the damned story I almost stopped reading...but I didn't. I'm glad I didn't because the narrative remained neutral.

My one critisism, which is not so much critical as wishful, is I did not understand the motivation of Kennedy. On the one hand he was a modern day Dr. Frankenstein with the coolest science project ever, but at the same time he treated his robot project with humanity. It would have been too easy to make him one or the other and I like that you chose to juxtapose, but I wish the internal conflict it must have caused him was more fleshed out.

The way you ended the story was the only way it could end and remain true to your original vision. I think a lot of writers shy away from bitter truths, but you didn't and I appreciate that.

I have read hundreds of stories here, but yours is the first to stick in my mind like this which seems to be the greatest compliment I can offer. Cheers, Free
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 20 . 2/6/2008
Wow. This story was just-wow, SO good. I absolutely LOVE the movie and you've done an absolutely beautiful job with this story. I hope you write another one soon. Toodles. e (that's supposed to be a scissorhand, but, I dunno, maybe...) Well, bye! And please write again!
BookRose chapter 10 . 12/22/2007
It's nice to revisit this story. Anyway, I still think you could have had a scene where Edward tries to explain, but Victoria being Victoria could put the pieces of the puzzle together mostly herself. I even have a little ficlet written where she sorta does that if you really want to know. Anyway, if you aren't going to finish Teatime and Fairy Stories or Basement Monster, now would be a good time to go ahead and take it down, cause if you know for sure, it would be best cause people would rather read a finished story thats fantastic from beginning to end instead of a story thats fantastic all the way until an unfinished point. If there's no way to satisfy your craving to know what happens at the end, then you end up like the crew of the Black Pearl-and who wants that? LOL. Anyway, you've got an original novel going on? WOW, I cannot wait til it's published and you've told us exactly what it is, title, full author name and summary. Squee, thats so exciting! Hope the process goes well for you. Good luck!

~BookRose~
RaeLaser1 chapter 20 . 6/28/2007
Masterpiece.

Now i shall kidnap you and force you to write stories for me all day long! Mwahahahahahahah!

;k

Seriously though, i'm starting my own fanfic, and i'd appreciate it if you'd look me up and comment. Please? ;)
Official Rambler chapter 12 . 3/2/2007
Just wanted to say that so far, this story is brilliant.

*cough*

But, um, you can't really OD or die from weed. The kid's symptoms sound more like he was given oxycodon. Which can fsck you up good, if you have a low tolerance for drugs then just one can mean overdose and death.

...And before you ask, I know this because I'm a morbidly curious wanna-be private detective. _ don't do drugs.
Da More Fishy chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
I loved this story I read it very offten and I think that you did well on portraying Edward. P

x7r
MemoryLoss is now Sugarave chapter 20 . 12/15/2006
I absolutly love this story! Almost made me cry *sniff*

:,)
BookRose chapter 20 . 9/13/2006
It's here?

*eyes pop*

OMG! OMG! It's really here! You did it! Yay! Yipee! Whoo-hoo! YEEHAH!

I'm so very happy! A wonderful, marvelous, splendiferous end!

It's a good ending overall but a little constructive criticism. Honestly I think you should have shown Edward explaining to Victoria what REALLY happened, telling how it did, why it did so that you aren't left with this sense of "Okay, does she still even really like him?" Also, she should apologize for saying those things to Edward when they aren't true. They weren't true when he had the scissorhands and they aren't true now. Gosh I really hope you keep writing. Your style is so artistic and enjoyable. Do you reckon you'll ever do a POTC fic? I think it'd be very interesting coming from you.

~BookRose~