Reviews for Learning the Truth
Kagome lover chapter 4 . 5/13/2006
Great job! Please update soon!
nicole chapter 4 . 12/10/2005
i think that merton has been very well described and i can imagine him doing that on the show but i cannot imagine tommy as he is on the show. the spelling in this story needs to be checked, but in general a great story, WELL DONE YOUNG CHAP
ViCioUsKiTTie chapter 4 . 12/7/2004
This is awsome! You better post soon, man. I will go insane!
Obscurus Lupa chapter 4 . 8/12/2004
Aw, man, gotta say something about the characterization here-Merton and Tommy seem like husband and wife, they really do. - Merton is all negative, and Tommy is all, "I just wanna talk. Why don't we snuggle anymore?"

Although, when Merton was panicking over Alexa sucking the guy's soul, he seemed pretty in-character. It's hard to mess that up-Throw in a few big words and a conversation with PANIC written all over it.

Speaking of Lori, where is the little vixen anyway? o.O And why was Tommy coming over to Merton's for like a two second conversation? Couldn't he have called him and saved him some gas?

Anyway, good job again. You might want to flesh the story out a bit more-Y'know, elaborate on some stuff. Have some fun with it. :D Update soon!
Carmen chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
OMG, i love this story. I can't wait for more! Please write more soon!

I loved the part were tommy was all worried about how to ask alexa out and merton was like "Your asking me for dating advice?".

Anyways, keep up the good work!

~Carmen~
Cremated chapter 3 . 7/27/2004
There is that better! I fixed it! Ha! Anyways tell me what you thought too! P
Obscurus Lupa chapter 3 . 7/26/2004
This story has still got me intrigued, but like Leah said, you need more description! It's a lot of "he said, she said" stuff. Also, you need to choose a tense to use. You keep going from past tense to present tense, even in the same sentence.

You seem to be taking quite a few lines from the show and twisting them to fit with the story, which is weird.

All of my favorite lines were unintentionally funny:

"Yah, I know you haven’t had much luck with girls lately but you’re a smart and you’re sweet."

Tommy thinks Merton is sweet?

"'I think everyone’s tried the cherry unless you’re from another dimension or something.' Tommy said laughing.

'Yah…' Alexa said nervously."

Not one to be subtle with the foreshadowing, huh? ;)

"'Moron I never knew you new how to dance.' Lori exclaimed."

This is one of the funniest typos I've ever read. :D Unless it was intentional?

"'Thanks Merton.' Mori said as a beeping sound started to go off."

Hm, this makes me think: If some freak accident mutated Lori and Merton into one person, it'd be called Mori.

Anyway, this is a fun story to read-Not very serious, just a fun story with villains and tension and Merton and Lori dancing, which is funny to imagine. :) Good job!
LeahEvans chapter 2 . 7/22/2004
Good idea.. it's always the pretty ones who are evil.. lesson to this? DATE US OTHER GIRLS WHO HAVE NORMAL BODIES WITH NORMAL CHARACTERISTICS *snicker* I hope you add more, I just wish there was so more descriptive sections.. it seems like it's all talk.. but still good :)

I think it was funny how you have Tommy turn on the ole charm lol. Usually he'd get slapped but somehow he always pulls it off, and I think he would ask the new girl out if Lori (or even Stacy) weren't around... but way to introduce a villian!
Obscurus Lupa chapter 2 . 7/14/2004
Yay! A new chapter! I liked it. Even if you weren't trying to, it seemed like you were poking fun at Mary-Sues. More yay!

Also, they seemed to say "cool" a lot. I mean, Merton said "really cool" which is weird, but hey, whatever. Your story, not mine. :D
Obscurus Lupa chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
I like it. :) Not sure why you used Chuck's "looked up to you, had a better arm" line again, but whatever. I think you have it in character nicely, and was glad you didn't have Merton be all like, "You always get the girls! I'm leaving!"

Not Merton's type? Didn't know one existed. :D