Reviews for Black Mountain
THIS WAS GOOD
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 23 . 2/16/2018
This is a great fanfic! I loved it so very much! I can't wait to read "Cold Wind."
Question: Didn't you say that the plot bunny died, though?
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 16 . 2/15/2018
I have a question. Why are the howlers seemingly targeting Legolas? It isn't because he's an elf, because so are Elladan and Elrohir. Why would they be targeting him? I mean, first he was the only one who heard the howling, then he gets captured. Why are they targeting him?
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 17 . 2/15/2018
Oh no! The bites are poisonous! What are they going to do?
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 15 . 2/14/2018
Couldn't they just make Legolas puke everything up to get rid of the howler blood? I'm sorry, but wouldn't that work?
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 10 . 2/13/2018
Uh oh. They're all in big trouble. This story is going great, but I feel like you could have done the part when Aragorn realized that Legolas was dead better. You had the pain of loss, then the guilt, but I feel like 1) it could have been more emotional, because, I mean, Aragorn just lost his best friend and 2) I think, in my opinion, that with Aragorn's personality, he would have wanted to get revenge for Legolas, no matter what it costed him. Just some thoughts about this chapter, and I know that this one is finished (it was actually published before I was born), but just a few suggestions I had. :)
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 9 . 2/13/2018
I thought the howlers were going to use the piece of tunic to find him, perhaps with some sort of keen sense of smell. But apparently, I was wrong. Well, this is somehow worse.
I have a question. How did the piece of cloth end up where Aragorn found it? I mean, that howler did rip it off, so shouldn't it still be in its hand? Unless someone else already found it...
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 8 . 2/13/2018
I have a feeling this little attempt at an escape isn't going to work.
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 7 . 2/13/2018
Oh, I see that you love Legolas angst? Well, I should have realized that a long time ago. But, I mean, who doesn't like it? ;)
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 6 . 2/13/2018
OH MY! AUGGGG! I can't believe the howlers are those puny creatures! I actually screamed once or twice during this chapter. Well, it looks like they're ALL in a lot of trouble. Especially Legolas, though.
And yes, plot bunny, rabbit stew is MUCH better.
And also, this might sound really weird, but those howler thingies remind me of Gollum. Is that where you got it from?
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 5 . 2/12/2018
OMG That is the worst cliffie you've written so far! Aug! I hope the howlers (as you are calling them) aren't targeting Legolas, because that's what it seems it is right now. I really hope Legolas doesn't fall from the little ledge.
And also, it says that he was staring in "utter disbelief" at whatever was making the "high-pitched chattering," but perhaps it isn't the howlers? Maybe?
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 4 . 2/12/2018
You and your little cliffhangers. :) But Aragorn should seriously stop smoking. It's bad for your lungs, Estel. No more smoking for you.
Also, if the howls are coming from relatively different places, could that mean that it isn't a pack? Although it could still be a pack of wolves (or whatever weird mutations they are).
I'm assuming there's going to be angst soon? Can't wait!... I meant, um... oh no! Is it gonna be Legolas, Aragorn, or one of the twins? Or a combination? That would be aweso... I mean... terrible!
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 3 . 2/12/2018
The howls... they make me scared. Wargs, perhaps? Or maybe something totally different would be nice, also. The Black Mountain is a volcano, isn't it? I mean, they say it wakes up, so I was just assuming... Well, if Legolas thinks that those wolf/warg/howling beast/whatever thingies know that they're there, I might as well believe him. Legolas is seldom wrong, if ever.
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 2 . 2/12/2018
This fanfic is turning out great. I loved The Wrong Path, and I'm sure this one's going to be just as good, if not better.
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 1 . 2/7/2018
Isn't Mount Orodruin supposed to be the only volcano in Middle-earth? Because then Frodo could have just went to a different Fire Mountain to destroy the ring, instead of walking all the way across Middle-earth to get to mount Doom. Ah, well. This is fanfiction. And who doesn't like a Legolas and Aragorn angst story?