Reviews for Everlasting
Lynn-G chapter 5 . 8/3/2004
Great chapter,great story really!

i actually like the whole Glorfindel-Elrond dynamic so here's a thought ;)

anyway,i do pitty the healers dealing with Aragorn and Legolas they really are terrible patients

Cant wait for the next story!

till next time

estelcontar chapter 4 . 8/3/2004
That was a very enjoyable story. The last chapter kept me awake reading it till 4am. I certainly do hope you will get to write a story about the meeting of Aragorn and Legolas. Your rather dry, wry and ironic sense of humour will fit it to perfection.

As youre a stickler for correctness, I thought I would mention, though, a small cannon conflict in Everlasting. Eärendil, Elronds and Elros father was around 7 when Gondolin fell and Glorfindel died. So, it would be difficult for Glorfindel to think that Elrond looked "more and more often these past few years" like him. The entire incident would really fit Elronds grandfather, Tuor, much better than his father. This would something which would also make a nice connection with Aragorn, given that Tuor is one of Elronds human ancestors.

This is just a small, unimportant detail in a very delightful story, but youre such a perfectionistI thought I would mention it because .
fliewatuet chapter 5 . 8/3/2004
Oh yes, I did enjoy that last chapter! And I once again admire the amount of luck that Legolas and Aragorn seem to have (though they would most certainly deny it :-))

And rest assured that you did not scare me off in the middle of To Walk in Night'. It's real life's fault, not yours.
Zinnith chapter 5 . 8/3/2004
Yay! I get to read the end before I have to leave for work again! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll be working for eight days in a row, starting today, and I don't think I would have survived so long without getting to know what happened to Aragorn and Legolas and Glorfindel...

Hm...I was pretty close with my little theories after all, I see. Except that I completely forgot about the kinslaying. It's definitely time to read the Silmarillion again.

Anyway, I'm sure Legolas shouldn't be climbing balconies in his condition, but he'll probably be hearing that from Elrond later.

Just one thing that caught my nitpicking little eye in this chapter; the troupe of orcs... I believe you meant to write troop there, since a troupe is a company of actors, or circus artists. It's easy to make that mistake, really, and the only reason I saw it was that I've made it so often myself. I write about a group of actors in a war, which makes the whole thing quite confusing... On second thought, a 'troupe of orcs' puts hilarious pictures in my mind again...

I have to leave for work now. It's raining and I'm feeling very sorry for myself. Sigh. If I had more time I would write a longer and better review, which this story deserves. I'll try to do better on your next story. (Which I'm already waiting for, by the way...)

tineryn chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
oh, I'm all well and good about canon-I'm just not insane about it. I think that even an AU story should stay reasonably within canon, but I also believe that an author should be given good leeway with it, for creative purposes. As for the "reserved scholar" idea, I think it could work within canon... I see him reserved in his normal lifestyle-ie, not overly outgoing in day-to-day activities, staunchly professional, but sharp-tongued with the best of them when it comes down to it. I guess I balance between all the different ideas, but it works... I just imagine him adorably, is all, and it makes his angst fantastic. The fact that we know little about him is also fun, because it leaves more room to play.

Good job on this story. I wish you luch with the next one! Much elf angst, if you please,

Pyro chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
Hurray! And all are home in relarively one piece. Yes, you really MUST write a "how they met" story. A long one. With lots of angst and ouches, because you do that so well. As always, I loved this story and can't wait for the next victimization..ah..I mean characterization...that's it..yeah.
HarryEstel chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
I LOVED IT! You are truly a brilliant writer. Please, please keep writing your incredible stories! I can't wait until you're next one. Post a new one soon please!
Cosmic Castaway chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
Hey you did say "Everybody but me drives like idiots," so you did to! LOL its all good and well and I really enjoyed the chapter and I'm all ready bouncing up and down like a freaking maniac waiting for a new chapter! So please hurry and I might send you a few threatening ones hey I haven't threaten you one Ioda! Well to tired to think of one right now but I will later! Glad btw that Glorfidenl is better to ;) got that off his chest! Anyways another great chapter and I shall be looking for your next one!
Red of Rivendell chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
Bravo! Bravo! Another excellent story!

I have come to the conclusion that Aragorn has way too many ancestors. And that there seem to be too many stories about.

I can't wait until the next story comes out!

Someone Reading chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
I laughed, I wept.

Every emotion (that a human or an Elf) is capable of is utterly exhausted right this moment.

Everything was si vivid, every description a picture in my mind, every word spoken a wwhisper at my shoulder. Every 'person' in this piece so real, and full of life and memory, and emotion that I almost couldn't breath half the time.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for having shared this incredible. Wonderful, insightful story.

I look forward most eagerly to your next exciting tale.
Mornflower chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
great story...On and Legolas and Aragorn say hi...well gtg bye bye

Ellyrianna chapter 5 . 8/2/2004

The best line of yours ever is in this story. I absolutely love it. I laughed. I was happy. I smiled.

Legolas laughed softly and shook his head.

“Oh yes, they would. I dare not even imagine what your father would do, but let me tell you one thing: Your brothers will skin me alive if they find out about all this.
Kathleen LaCorneille chapter 5 . 8/2/2004

«I will have to write a "How Aragorn and Legolas met"-story »

It's such a good idea, Nili! I'm impressed, really! When will you send it? When could I read it? Actually, I will keep you word in mind, be sure of that!«I will have to write a "How Aragorn and Legolas met"-story »! Ho! ho! ho! I swear my heart skip a bit, when I read it! I LOVE that idea! (Even if I fear you will not write it before A Sea Of Trouble...) So, don't fear, I will remember your so great idea and remind you of it after I read A Sea Of Trouble. Promise! * big smile and maniac laught *

That's say, I think it's time to talk about your last chapter, isn't it? * nod her head with satisfaction *

That was won-der-ful! Too short, but chapter are always to short for my liking, so...

Finally, this stubborn Gondolin elf talk to Elrond! It was time, too! Poor Glorfy... *huggles Glorfindel and refuse to let him go* Of course he didn't die in vain! How could he had thought this? At least, Lord Elrond tell him. I think it helped him very much... I don't like to see him depressed, it depress me. And I don't like to see Lord Elrond hurt because Glorfy is depressed, I like VERY much my dear Elrond... But you make it all right again! Thanks to you Nili! *kathleen finally let go Glorfy and hug Nili instead*

Estel is already bored... Yeah, I think the few next weeks will be hard for every single healers in Imladris. It's good Hithrawyn was not there! You don't know how much I laught when Estel say : “And you … have a body,
TrinityTheSheDevil chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
Aw! Poor Glorfindel! And GO ELROND! Sometimes stubbornness can be a very good thing! LOL. Glad to see those two got everything worked out!

Very surprised they (Aragorn and Legolas) made it home safely. I believe my jaw hit the floor there. And LOL! the red-headed she-elf! Oh she reminds me of a character from Joanne Bertin's books, uhm ... Lleld, I believe is how her name is spelled. Small, red-headed, and a temper like no other. *g* It is no wonder she's one of my favorite characters from the books, haha!

I love the ending, as always. Fantastic, needless to say. ;-) Now I better scoot, we're under a Hurricane Warning and a Flash Flood Watch. (Oh yippee, living in Eastern NC is fun this time of year ... *sigh* evil lightning ...)

Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 5 . 8/2/2004
Nice. Very nice. Very very nice. I liked how you described the effects of "The Tea", and I'm guessing that the curtains were turning green because that's what Legolas was wearing.

What was the rather amusing battle with sleep the Glrofindel lost? I think you should've put something about that in there. You know, just a little elaboration. Maybe two sentences.

Even so, it's still a very nice chapter, and a well-written culmination to a really amusing story.

I hope you have good luck with "Sea of Troubles." Can it have trolls in it too?
211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »