Reviews for Ficlet Medley
bubblygoo chapter 46 . 9/26/2006
I liked it. You were able to sum up Hannya's devotion very nicely.
sueb262 chapter 45 . 9/2/2006
Anji is a particular favorite of mine, and is not written about much, so I was quite pleased to see this piece. I like the idea of "Anji the Ghost", just I like the idea that perhaps he will find himself mistaken about what he will look like when he "has been forgiven"-perhaps not a ghost, but something much more substantial, something with much more "meat" to his soul-even more than he had as a monk, more than after his trial by fire (literally), more than after his defeat by one such as Sano.

Maybe he will find who he truly is.
Warg chapter 45 . 9/1/2006

An intriguing character so often forgotten.

Great job on him, wondeful use of repetitions and visual confirmation. Anji the ghost.. amazing.

bubblygoo chapter 44 . 8/20/2006
I loved how it showed Okita's desperateness and young mind.
sueb262 chapter 44 . 8/19/2006
oh, this makes my heart ache for the beautiful, doomed Okita. i loved "the smoky flames as he burns the evidence"-the peek into his psyche this gives us: what impulses, what motivations would have led him to this? it's like a footprint in the mud at a crime scene: it tells the investigator the walker's height, weight, style of walking, path-so much that was intended to be hidden is brought to the light, in spite of the walker's earnest attempts.

really lovely.
Anonymous but very interested chapter 43 . 7/30/2006
You have a talent for these little 'ficlets'. They're very well-written. ) I enjoyed reading them all! Sometimes, they're unexpected, and sometimes, it's not hard to guess what's going on. But they're all still wonderful.

Thanks for sharing them!

Good luck.

Warg chapter 43 . 7/30/2006
The second time i have liked something "houji-centric"..

Great work, great read

Warg chapter 42 . 7/8/2006

This is strong and impactful.. though tender in tone and smmoth in delivery..

Lovely work.. great read!
bubblygoo chapter 41 . 6/28/2006
sueb262 chapter 41 . 6/28/2006
oh my god "heart-stopping" indeed! *falls over in a dead faint*

but this does sound like something she might come up with-she's much more playful at heart than the other characters, and i can just see her doing this, although the possible resulting scenarios send shivers down my spine.

i loved the repetition and the rhythm of the sentences, as well as your clever blending of the western sense of "fox" in this all-too-Japanese-ly "foxy" scene-you crafted what could have been just a cute moment into a True (in my humble view) Ficlet.

beautifully done-thanks!
Warg chapter 41 . 6/28/2006
Haha.. heart-stopping answer indeed.

good piece... _~
Warg chapter 40 . 6/10/2006
Love this!

Great work, strong, lyric..

The images are very vivid..

Looking forward to more..
Warg chapter 39 . 5/29/2006
Lovely addition...

This is a vividly painted scene.. while retaining the stillness and quiet...

Great read!
sueb262 chapter 39 . 5/29/2006
This is as clear and beautiful as a painting. It's nice to feel Aoshi getting a bit of peace for a change. Everything about this is calm and quiet and still-lovely, just lovely.
Warg chapter 38 . 5/17/2006

Great work on this!

I love the feel of this, the strained motion..

More soon i hope... cya