Reviews for Ficlet Medley
bubblygoo chapter 46 . 9/26/2006
I liked it. You were able to sum up Hannya's devotion very nicely.
sueb262 chapter 45 . 9/2/2006
Anji is a particular favorite of mine, and is not written about much, so I was quite pleased to see this piece. I like the idea of "Anji the Ghost", just I like the idea that perhaps he will find himself mistaken about what he will look like when he "has been forgiven"-perhaps not a ghost, but something much more substantial, something with much more "meat" to his soul-even more than he had as a monk, more than after his trial by fire (literally), more than after his defeat by one such as Sano.

Maybe he will find who he truly is.
Warg chapter 45 . 9/1/2006
Hey..

An intriguing character so often forgotten.

Great job on him, wondeful use of repetitions and visual confirmation. Anji the ghost.. amazing.

bubblygoo chapter 44 . 8/20/2006
I loved how it showed Okita's desperateness and young mind.
sueb262 chapter 44 . 8/19/2006
oh, this makes my heart ache for the beautiful, doomed Okita. i loved "the smoky flames as he burns the evidence"-the peek into his psyche this gives us: what impulses, what motivations would have led him to this? it's like a footprint in the mud at a crime scene: it tells the investigator the walker's height, weight, style of walking, path-so much that was intended to be hidden is brought to the light, in spite of the walker's earnest attempts.

really lovely.
Anonymous but very interested chapter 43 . 7/30/2006
You have a talent for these little 'ficlets'. They're very well-written. ) I enjoyed reading them all! Sometimes, they're unexpected, and sometimes, it's not hard to guess what's going on. But they're all still wonderful.

Thanks for sharing them!

Good luck.

_
Warg chapter 43 . 7/30/2006
The second time i have liked something "houji-centric"..

Great work, great read

Warg chapter 42 . 7/8/2006
Hey..

This is strong and impactful.. though tender in tone and smmoth in delivery..

Lovely work.. great read!
bubblygoo chapter 41 . 6/28/2006
Cool
sueb262 chapter 41 . 6/28/2006
oh my god "heart-stopping" indeed! *falls over in a dead faint*

but this does sound like something she might come up with-she's much more playful at heart than the other characters, and i can just see her doing this, although the possible resulting scenarios send shivers down my spine.

i loved the repetition and the rhythm of the sentences, as well as your clever blending of the western sense of "fox" in this all-too-Japanese-ly "foxy" scene-you crafted what could have been just a cute moment into a True (in my humble view) Ficlet.

beautifully done-thanks!
Warg chapter 41 . 6/28/2006
Haha.. heart-stopping answer indeed.

good piece... _
Warg chapter 40 . 6/10/2006
Love this!

Great work, strong, lyric..

The images are very vivid..

Looking forward to more..
Warg chapter 39 . 5/29/2006
Lovely addition...

This is a vividly painted scene.. while retaining the stillness and quiet...

Great read!
sueb262 chapter 39 . 5/29/2006
This is as clear and beautiful as a painting. It's nice to feel Aoshi getting a bit of peace for a change. Everything about this is calm and quiet and still-lovely, just lovely.
Warg chapter 38 . 5/17/2006

Great work on this!

I love the feel of this, the strained motion..

More soon i hope... cya