Reviews for A Stranger in an Unholy Land
xvector chapter 8 . 9/23/2014
Again, you waste thousands of words by writing more useless filler. Harry's angst-filled trip through memory lane was completely unnecessary, and makes him seem far weaker and emotionally unstable than in canon. I honestly don't understand why you didn't use a time-skip.

Guest chapter 8 . 9/23/2014

Even if you don't agree with the second part of my statement, the fact remains that the whole "angsty memory lane trip" seems rather cheap and breaks story immersion. But most importantly, it is *unneccesary*, and you could have removed it completely. Instead, it's a waste of time and space that you could have skipped entirely or replaced with something more interesting (what's Voldemort doing? how is Harry's other world faring?).
xvector chapter 3 . 9/22/2014
The whole "Harry has no fucking clue what's going on" is waaay to dragged out and makes him look like a stupid idiot with no reasoning skills.

You should have just done a time skip with Harry escaping and learning about his world rather than making us read this useless filler.
HaruHarry chapter 17 . 8/24/2014
it is a wonderful story
brnkofeternity06 chapter 12 . 8/18/2014
I have this really bad feeling in the out of my stomach about the direction you're heading in. I have to say that I find your story interesting and you've certainly written a well thought plot, but I'm going to stop reading. Thank you for the awesome chapters.
Special Hat chapter 17 . 8/16/2014
This story has been amazing, a thorough roller coaster adventure. It had it's awesome parts, like the clash between magical and non-magical, a dark Harry being replaced with normal Harry, the chemistry and interaction between characters. I particularly liked the balance of how skilled Harry was, that despite being second best of Voldemort, he wasn't overpowered or skilled in duels, although occasionally, I did wish he was fighting better and utilizing the skills he gained, but I prefer an above average skilled Harry to a overpowered one. But there is one bad thing that bothered me, which is the moral compass, which shifted a lot between killing death eaters, dealing with the guilt, but then the last two chapters, shifts to not killing death eaters. Mainly the point when Harry hesitates to kill Voldemort, resulting in that wild goose chase.
Overall, good story and that ending was quite chilling after all we'd seen from Voldemort and what a way to end such a brilliant story. I am now moving onto the part of the series
David-El chapter 13 . 8/12/2014
WOW, this is an AMAZING story, and I can't wait to read the rest, especially when Harry returns to HIS reality to undo the damage the Dark Knight has done! As for the Time Turner questions Harry has, I have a quote for him: "My advice in making sense of temporal paradoxes is simple: Don't even try."
HallowsHeretic chapter 17 . 8/7/2014
You have left me emotionally distraught and I thank you. I've read the beginning of this story many times but didn't continue assuming it to be similar to ' Stranger in a Familiar Land'. Apparently not, it was thrilling, original and I would have died from suspense if this had been incomplete. One thing though: Comic relief! ... I mean you had it sometimes but at other times it was hard to read through. Love it!
Polar Pig chapter 17 . 7/31/2014
Hahaha! Wow, killer ending right here!

I enjoyed reading the entire thing in one sitting. To be honest, I was unable to tell if this was my kind of story. I didn't expect to lose sleep over this and end up waking people in the early morning with my loud outbursts.
(It was that good of a read.)

I'm getting funny looks.

Anyway, one thing I thought would be mentioned was the reveal of Harry's supposed "Judas" status to Draco. I was hoping for his reaction but the climax of this story was worth the loose ends. I feel bad for Rose and the others that didn't get to say goodbye though.

This is definitely one of my favorite AU fanfics.
Polar Pig chapter 6 . 7/31/2014
I'll have to retract my previous review. I suppose I was being hasty and impatient since I'm usually a fast-paced reader.

I definitely like the direction that the story is going.
Polar Pig chapter 4 . 7/31/2014
I'm surprised that Harry is still acting like they won't point their wands against him again when they've done it the first time around.
As much as your story is well put-together, I'm totally confused as to why Harry isn't trying to figure the pieces out. He already made the assumption that he was in a different dimension from chapter three (even though he stated it was the likelihood of him kissing Snape).

I know that it wouldn't be the most logical thought that comes to mind but with people calling him out as a Death Eater and with his friends attacking him, I don't see why he's putting off that idea. It's more reasonable than the rest of the explanations he came up with. He should have known when his story didn't match with any of the others from the non-canon dimension.

Anyway, I like what I've read so far but clueless Harry does annoy me quite a bit.
berry chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
really enjoying this story. Would have hoped Harry remained dark in this story though - would have added an interesting twist to the story.
nom nom chapter 17 . 7/19/2014
This was a great story with a great concept. Loved the alternate reality. I did find it annoying that once Harry realised he was a death eater, he was still getting confused and surprised when the order members would attack him or death eaters would help him.
I would have loved to see more of the dark Harry of the alternate universe and do like the fact your Harry is still fallible.
Did find Rose's stubborn streak annoying and the fact that her parents would let her fight in war after being locked up for a month unbelievable.
Loved the epilogue - would have liked to see a continuation and find out how things were skewed in that universe.
TheBigOne chapter 4 . 7/3/2014
I don't know about anyone else but this fic while the writing is great totally fails in Harry as he is NOT as stupid as you make him out to be.

You make him sound like a retarded 10 year old!
TheBigOne chapter 3 . 7/3/2014
Okay so the MOM has all sorts of security barriers and Aurors to protect the higher ups yet THEY DON'T HAVE SIMPLE FIRE SPRINKLERS to stop one fire demon?

Furthermore to add salt to the wound Harry tried to use an elevator during a fire? DIDN'T HE LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT SAFETY? He would've bought himself extra minutes if he hadn't even bothered entering the elevator since even if he could due to the fire all elevators in reality would get called to the ground floor (G)?

Also why did Harry ran into the toilet and since when did toilets have doors?
1,783 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »