Reviews for A Stranger in an Unholy Land
TheBigOne chapter 2 . 7/3/2014
I'm skipping ahead a few chapters to see if the story picks up or if we are going to be stuck in this Rain Man hospital.
TheBigOne chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
Since when has Harry Potter actually had any conversation?

Anyways I find that statement funny about the barb wiring to keep sheep out because looking at newspaper archives in the 80s I saw a story in the Toledo Ohio zoo where a gorilla managed to escape his cage into the confusing world of humans and didn't know what to do.

He was more confused then dangerous and had to be shown back the way to his cage before relaxing.
ELinkA chapter 7 . 5/14/2014
I probably should inform you, that MARY-SUE is written МЭРИ-СЬЮ in Russian. МОРИ-СУЙ is literally means exterminate-shove
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 7 . 5/12/2014
Wah!
Aww, harry...
Well, Dumbledore is a bit different in this world. more forthcoming. But still a teensy bit scheming. ah, well.
:P I like this story!
Cedocore chapter 3 . 5/1/2014
This has some serious issues with spelling and grammar errors, wow. Otherwise I'm enjoying it.
Blown chapter 8 . 4/29/2014
Your writing is so organized- perhaps thatès why its so great! Im really enjoying this. I like your plot ideas and take on the HP world, but I admit curiosity of what is changed and how Harry will react is the main reasion why the story is so captivating. If I had to be nitpicky to think of some constructive crit:

I think you can make Rose and Ginny much deeper characters-it seems like all their worries or problems revolve around Harry and while I really understand the need for the focus, it makes them flatter characters that exist only as mirrors for Harry. Very well written, engaging, even loveable mirrors, but mirrors nonetheless. They lack the depth a sub-plot with problems of their own would have given them.

Just my two cents! Their lack of their own conflicts doesnt impede the awesomeness of the story in anyway. This is totally one of the best fanfictions written, and Im enjoying it very much! Thank you for writing this!
Blown chapter 7 . 4/29/2014
THIS IS BRILLIANT. Though it is so painful, ahh where is the plot going
Blown chapter 6 . 4/29/2014
OMG THIS CLIFFHANGER AHH ALL THE FEELS FROM THE FAMILY REUNION.
Blown chapter 3 . 4/29/2014
omfg so many twists!
Blown chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
This is wonderfully written and such a brilliant concept!
Wolfman217 chapter 2 . 4/21/2014
I'm really wishing someone would write a fanfic based on 'Unholy Harry'...his descent into darkness and his life as Voldy's second-in-command (and naturally Dark's Victory over Light) and all that. :D Would be really fun to read
Guest2014 chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
I first read this story years ago - probably about 2005, and I read it again a few years later. Back then I deemed it probably the best Harry Potter fanfiction around, and in 2014 there's still a lot going for it. The battle scenes are where this fic comes to life, like always - still unsurpassed in Potter fanfiction. The ideas are great, it has that intangible addictive quality, there's heaps of intrigue, a truly impressive Voldemort and Rose is undeniably sweet. Harry is frustratingly slow on the uptake, but it's still understandable - this is the archetypal 'Harry goes to a different Universe' fic.' It's definitely one of the 'classics' of the old days.

Saying that, I never realised just how stunted the language and the dialogue was. Besides the mis-spellings, there's far too much repetition of points, too much stating the obvious, and dodgy, too-short sentences that obstruct the flow of language when reading it. At one point Dumbledore goes '...From there... From there... From there...' repeatedly when he's listing a plan, and there's far too many paragraphs that consist entirely of sentences starting with 'He.' I was genuinely a little flabbergasted at how stunted and quite frankly, how poor some of the language was from a technical perspective. It really needs to be tidied up and edited.

Saying that the plot is, of course, one of the best around on this site. There's definitely potential for moving beyond fanfiction into something more, because ultimately the sheer ability to tell a story like this is not one most possess. It's a shame that this trilogy has probably been abandoned, but first and foremost I hope the author is fine, wherever they are, given that they've apparently not been heard from by anyone for a long while now.
1st Son of The Sea God chapter 3 . 3/12/2014
Oh come on! I think you're making Harry out to be too dumb! I mean he says all those things that are different from his own dimension and he still thinks that it is some trick by Voldemort rather than him being in an alternate dimension. Seriously?! Nobody can be that stupid. I hope he wisens up quickly. I don't think I can take much more of Harry being this stupid!
Guest chapter 17 . 3/4/2014
Oh my fucking God, what have you done to me? I've barely been able to stop reading for sleep! This is just way too good! This is without a doupt one of the best fics I've ever read. Perhaps even THE BEST fic I've ever had the privilage to read. Thank you for writing this masterpiece.
FirePhoenix86 chapter 17 . 2/17/2014
This is probably one of the most amazing stories I've ever read.

I've never read a story that was so suspenseful, action packed, and crazy good at keeping me on-the-edge-of-my-seat that my heart literally starts beating faster at the action parts. A story that is so good I need to force myself to stop reading and take a bathroom break once in a while.

I am so utterly devastated that the second novel isn't even finished...
1,783 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »