Reviews for A Stranger in an Unholy Land
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 11 . 7/18/2022
Thus is totally a trap and anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb af. Also, I hope Christine got to keep her memories of the Wizarding world! I’m glad Crouch is firmly on Harry’s side. Thank god Fudge isn’t the Minister. I hope Ron and Hermione start dating. Love that Harry did wandless magic to get him down from the Levicorpus spell Snape cast. Can’t wait for the dueling club to start! :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 10 . 7/18/2022
Shit. So the bomb with the radiation was strapped to Umbridge? But that’s not a radiation bomb. That’s just a shrapnel bomb. And Voldemort really resorted to Muggle technology? It’s so unbecoming of him. I hope nobody died. There must be some spell that can clean radiation or some spell that can be created. Also, the bomb was let off in the atrium, not the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. And it’s not like they can set up shop somewhere else.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 9 . 7/18/2022
There’s still a vampire left. Lol. Loved how Harry took them out and helped the young Gryffindor boy. :)
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 8 . 7/18/2022
So Hermione isn’t friends with Ron and Ginny? I hope she does! I want Ron to date Hermione! And for Harry to date Ginny! Hermione should know about the Order! Draco better shut his mouth. Yeah the way to become an Amiangus is to hold a Mandrake leaf under your tongue for a month and then under the full moon you have to say “animo anima animga Animagus.”
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 6 . 7/18/2022
Uh oh. Well. There goes that plan! And Harry loves Ginny! He doesn’t see her as a sister! He sees Hermione as a sister!
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 5 . 7/18/2022
Where’s Hermione? I want Ron and Hermione together!
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 2 . 7/18/2022
Why don’t they question him under Veriatserum? And his aunt and uncle brought him on a holiday with them?
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2022
Dear author, would you mind me transfer your fiction into Chinese so that other Chinese HP fans can read it?Because your word is so amazing that I want to share this story to more people! I will show the source if I have the pleasure to translate your article。 I t does not matter if you are not allowed to。Finally,best regards for you!have a good time!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/12/2022
hello!I am a Chinese HP fans, and your fiction is so wonderful! I like it so much!
Raeger chapter 17 . 12/3/2021
I enjoyed the broad strokes of this story and the earlier depictions of Harry's interactions with his family. At the same time, I did feel that it was hard to pin down what the central heart of the story was.

Was it about family? It didn't seem like it, because the way in which the character relationships with the Potters was handled seemed to diminish in importance as the story progressed, made secondary to the overall main story. This is typified in how the story ends without a proper resolution with Rose, despite her being one of Harry's most important relationships. During the story, we also don't get to understand much about this world's Harry's relationship with his family before he turned, or after he turned.

Was it about mystery, how Harry came to be in this world or how its Harry turned to Voldemort? That didn't seem to be the case either, the latter question felt largely unanswered even by the end of the story, nor did this element feel like a central thread strung throughout the narrative and bringing readers on a curated journey of ups and lows.

There were many good ingredients in the overall story, but I would have wished for there to be a clearer focus which would have made it easier too to identify / cut extraneous material and graft on suitable scenes coherent with whatever themes you wished to cultivate. The writing felt bloated and skim-worthy at times, and I think that direction would have helped in making each scene feel more purposeful.

Nonetheless, good read overall and the plot was interesting, cheers!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/20/2021
This Harry is so bloody dumb and irritating…
Gerhman Remington chapter 1 . 9/20/2021
I'll be real this is way to realistic for me and by that the actual response of someone swapping with their evil counterpart (more or less) and its genuinely a little uncomfortable for me, but it's super good.
stupidityisdangerous chapter 1 . 9/7/2021
I don’t know if you’re supposed to leave reviews on fics that are older than you but I figured I’d give it a go anyway. First of all, this is truly one of the most well-written hp fics I’ve ever read. Even after consuming fanfiction across several websites and fandoms for almost a decade, I’ve still rarely seen a writing style as polished and professional as yours. It reads like a real Harry Potter book. The thought of Dumbledore giving Harry self-defense advice in front of Voldemort felt a little silly but it’s an easy moment to disregard when so much excitement immediately follows. This concept is so interesting to me! Everyone we’ve seen onscreen so far is definitely in character and for underdeveloped characters like Frank, their actions still make sense because I too would be furious if some emo teen started spewing crazy shit about my dead son. Well done.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/14/2021
Btw did anyone realize that since dumbledore says that a soul transfer took place, the DE harry's soul is in the Original universe and he has joined with voldy
Caro chapter 3 . 7/22/2021
*cackles evilly* Oh what I wouldn't pay to have a look at Harry's face when he realized where he ended upat the end...the exact opposite of where he wanted to go...
1,783 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »