Reviews for A Stranger in an Unholy Land
013197 chapter 3 . 8/14/2011
I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned this, but in that first dream Harry had, one of the DE was named Radcliffe. Isn't (Daniel) Radcliffe the actor who plays Harry in the movies? Did you intentionally give that name to the DE?

Anyway, this story is AMAZING. Love this line:

"There had to be at least a thousand steps in the staircase. 'And me without my slinky,' muttered Harry bitterly, to no one in particular."

Dark!Harry in Harry's dream is awesome, though now I'm even more insanely curious why he defected. And the ending. GOD, the ending. I'm so glad you already finished this story by the time I started reading it, so now that little cliffhanger can't bug me :D
001collective chapter 14 . 8/11/2011
Good story, for the most part, but...what the fuck? Oh, yeah, old Harry used to decapitate people and whatnot, and I still have his memories and abilities. Some vampires? WOOSH BEHEADED!

Death Eaters murdering children? Let's stun them! Rookwood torturing children? Stun em'!

Seriously? Can Harry grow some fucking balls and kill some people, please? What, is he going to try and tickle Voldemort next?
Jon Rivers chapter 10 . 8/9/2011
I would better read about Harry from this universe. He is ruthless, skilled, respected. He is a self-made man. How was he growing up? Why did he run away? How did he meet Dark Lord?

That Harry had worked hard and he deserved all skills he has. New Harry doesn't deserve any skills, he hadn't trained himself before his journey in a new world.

And the phrase "I have killed someone and now I am not better than Voldemort..." annoys hell out of me. Voldemort is the cruelest man on the planet and one of the smartest and the most cunning one. He is the cause of thousands deaths. Harry (even evil Harry) can't be like Him.

I pushed myself through the story till chapter 10, seriously too many words, and Harry is slow, I mean very slow, 6ok words and he could not understand what the hell was going on.

This story is fairly well written, but I can't push myself more. Now I need the rest. In a few days I may finish to read this fic.
Natalie chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
This theme is one I quite enjoy and it’s nice to see a well-written fic. You have a great flair for writing. One criticism I would have is the fact that more often than not the perspective seems to go from Harry to his sister, with his sister telling the readers everyone elses reaction or what they’re thinking. It’d have been nice to have seen the perspectives of James, Lily, and Sirius, rather than having another character tell us what they’re thinking or feeling, as the relationship between Harry and his parents (and Sirius) is what I think a lot of readers look for when seeking this sort of AU fic. It would have been great to have seen inside their heads first hand and had them meeting with Harry already, rather than hear everything from an original character that HP fans aren’t familiar with and therefore are less likely to connect with. I know it's been quite awhile though, and the fic is complete, but I don't like to read fics without reviewing :)
Goldrune09 chapter 10 . 7/2/2011
awesome story! can't wait to finish this one and read the sequel.
Ren Testsu chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
This chapter is boring and useless for multiple reasons. First of all, your spelling and grammar are terrible. Also, if a paragraph is longer than five lines, push enter and make a new one. Don't just keep writing until you have a giant cluster of words that have completely lost their effect, and due to fact that your also more likely to skip over it rather then suffering through such a ridiculously long paragraph.

Then there's the fact that you don't actually get to the point of the story until the last couple of paragraphs. All you did was waste a your time babbling about crap not even relevant to the story line. Just for future reference, it's not called a 'a Samurai sword' it's called a katana. Also if your going to make reference to something, be sure to do a bit of research for the proper name of whatever it may be.
Ty Rose chapter 17 . 6/24/2011
I need... a very long nap after how sleep deprived this story has left me! Brilliant!

I can't complain about a thing; your story is certainly a new favourite of mine.

Wow. Just...Wow.
XxGinnyHarry4everxX chapter 17 . 6/18/2011
This is a really good story i enjoyed reading it, it has now become one of my favoite storys. I'm definatly going to read A Stranger in an Promised land :D
D chapter 10 . 6/6/2011
What the fuck is wrong with Harry and making assumptions? James is a fucking douche, and this "Rose" character is getting on my nerves. Also, your flashbacks are full of pointless, rambling shit that really turns people off.
ArcticLizard89 chapter 17 . 6/3/2011
You should know, as I was sitting here at 3:38 in the morning Eastern Standard Time, the last line of this admittedly brilliant fanfic had me giggling like a madman. But now my eyes are going wonky so I'm going to try to sleep. Amazing work.
TiannaMVA chapter 17 . 5/26/2011
Ooooh! Sucks to be Harry! lol. I would not want to be in that situation. This has the most mood-whiplash I have ever comprehended. Just.. wow. Awesome though.
Ducks-Go-Aflack chapter 17 . 5/11/2011
Hey Serpant-Sorcerer,

I really liked your fanfic for a lot of reasons. The pros were great, the mechanics were (mostly) solid, the plot was 'fresh' (keeping in mind this is a fanfic), and the action was visceral and engaging. I could go in-depth, but I see that you've already had some 1400 people let you know just how awesome you are, so I will limit my comments to: 'I agree with what they said.'

My *only* complaint is that the two sequels are far from completed, and it seems that an updates are not likely to happen soon, or rather, ever. This would be a very sad thing for me and other fanfic junkies. You simply owe it to the rest of us to complete your amazing work.

My hope is low, but don't let that prevent you from surprising me with an update sometime in the next, oh, year or so.

That being said, I hope you re-discover your love for writing and are able to continue updating soon.

Cheers,

~Ducks
Nocez chapter 11 . 5/8/2011
Harry hangs upside-down on Hoth, trying to get his lightsaber back using the force! Or... Was it Luke, hanging upside down in the DADA classroom attempting a silent, wandless summoning charm? xD

Good one! :D
fan-freak121 chapter 5 . 4/25/2011
You are the greatest! I'm serious your in my top ten favorite Harry Potter authors simply amazing. You even do the characters that aren't in the books great. I love it.
Lilia0 chapter 17 . 4/23/2011
This story was exquisite! It made me forget to do my homework and stay up til 3 AM! . I'm looking forward to part two! Also...will dear Harry have any romance? (Personally rather have it be a gay pairing, but I can deal...)

Lilia.