Reviews for The Play's the Thing!
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Were it not almost half past four in the morning, the squeal of delight that would have escaped my lips would be one of exceeding high pitch and length. You came up with a way for one of my favorite plays in the world to be seen by the characters from another story dear to my heart! I am in such transports of joy that I can readily forgive Raoul's calling my Cyrano ugly- yes, I side wholeheartedly with Juliette in regards to that play. Oh, thank you for writing this!
Sabishi Tomo chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I know these fics are from a really long time ago, but I only recently discovered them and I love how you write the characters. Kudos :).
ZGory chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I love stories about Raoul when he was younger. I know that Erik is the main character since one of his nicknames is the title of the book, but people always overlook the smaller characters.

Great characterizations of each De Chagny sibling. Philippe always made me smile with his remarks to his sister's opinions.

Raoul was so adorable! Just enjoyed that little musing that he had at the end.
StarMajesty chapter 1 . 12/27/2005
Lithrath chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Manifique, Elyse!

I really like your characterization of each of the de Chagnys, they actually seem like the relatively close sibling unit that they are supposed to be rather than stereotyped versions slapped together in an attempt to cover all ones bases, as there isn'it always one of something in the family _

Enough of my rambling, excellent phic
Shandethe Sanders chapter 1 . 7/15/2004

OMG, thank you! I thought I would explode if I had to read another E/C summary! GAH! Anyway, this was worth twenty of those!

What can I say? I loved Juliette and Adalie-everyone always forgets Raoul's sisters! And Philippe was wonderful, too, practical and funny.

Now I must go read Cyrano de Bergerac...*hangs head in shame* Anyway, I loved the insight into Raoul. He's so adorable! *snuggles him* You portrayed him very well indeed. And the end line was to die for.

L'Ange de Folie chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Hah! Now you've got me trying to get *something* now for Project Vicomte, Elyse...

I'm not brilliant with grammar or punctuation, so I didn't see anything to mention regarding that... and content wise, well, there isn't anything to fault at all, in my eyes!

We *never* see the de Chagnys in phic! Brava! This was incredibly fun to read! I've always thought of Raoul's sisters to be interesting characters and I think you've protrayed them nicely. And Philippe was hilarious and appropriate in this - I think he was very much in character. Then there's the matter of little adolescent Raoul, who was, by the way, absolutely adorable in every meaning of the word. Gah, such a cute little boy!

The mention of his violin was nice, I think. It's never really an activity of his that is brought out very often in phic.

Gaah... this was so painfully adorable! And a very appropriate play to place in the background, I think.

Wonderful work, yoou... hopefully there will be more for Project Vicomte to join this...
Rachel chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Oh, wonderful! i love your charectarization of Raoul...poor thing, doesn't ever get enough credit, does he? he's so sweet! Phillipe is also very good...brilliant writing,brilliant everything!
Requiem du Fantome chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Aw...*launches self toward teh Raoul munchkin* So adorable! So gentlemanly! So Raoul!

*grins happily* Superb writing and charactizations again! I love your Philippe and can't wait to see what happens...*inches on the edge of the seat* Brava!