Reviews for Where No Mutant Has Gone Before
JEREMY chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
I
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2014
Great story! Please continue.
BenRG chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
I'm sure that Q has some weird idea in mind about teaching Picard the meaning of power and responsibility and hammering home that the concept of 'humanity' is quite broad.

Remember that, in the ST-TNG timeline, artificial superhumans, known as 'augments' (like Doctor Bashir in DS9) are a proscribed race. It is actually quite astonishing how intolerant of those of their own species outside their narrow definition of 'perfection' the Trek humans can be in the TNG era. Basically, those who fit into the 'superhuman' category are automatically defined as 'dangerous', which actually makes the Federation not dissimilar to Graydon Creed or General Stryker. Well, Q's seeing to it that dear old Jean Luc learns up-close and personal just how different a human can be!

I wonder though...

What if it is Charles Xavier who is needed in the 24th Century? What if it is the perspectives of the most broad-minded man in his world that is needed to prevent a disaster? That alone could make things very, very interesting.

Given the age of this story and the fact there are no more chapters, I know there will be no follow up or answers to these questions from the author. That's okay though, because, as in many works, it is the questions that are the thing and inviting the reader to ask them is the objective of the work.

Q would have approved...
aceredshirt13 chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
That was also really good, just like the other X-Men/Next Generation one you did! Is this the end, or is there going to be another story in Picard's point of view? If there is another story, I can't wait!
Fallenranger chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
fantastic and interesting! you have a talent in writing keep it up! and aug soo want to know what picard went through!
Great job cheers,
Ash
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
please continue!
Ganheim chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
not a mutant at all
[Not that there aren’t plenty of aliens in the X-men ‘verse]

appropriately enough
[Or unimaginatively]

in the {look up telepathic thing}..."
[I think you forgot to substitute. I’d go by the name they give to the organelle in the X-COM series that allows some aliens and humans augmented by them to use psionics: “ampule psionis”, if I remember correctly. It may not be extremely clever (maybe not even proper Latinization), but it gets the job done for everybody without a degree in Latin or Greek. Of course, that’s a physiological difference, and it looks like you’re going with the “absolutely every cell is like Picard’s”, which a new structure in the brain would not be. Either way, this is pretty clearly a “this story is incomplete” marker]

but that the ordinary humans did not deserve to rule
[Fits with Nietzsche and Markx, who said pretty much exactly this]

but nothing on this level of sophistication
[Handn’t super geniuses created things like LaForge’s cybereyes, and androids like Data?]

attempting to read Q.
His visual field was suddenly entirely occupied by a superimposed image of Bugs Bunny, chomping on a carrot, saying, "I wouldn't do that if I wuz you, doc
[That is DEFINITELY in character with Q]

Pining after the offer you turned down just makes you look more pathetic than your species already is."
[I think you’re doing better capturing Q’s character than the writers of his cameos in Voyager]

Besides the “look up telepathic thing”, this was brilliantly done. Not only were the language technicalities superb, but the characterization and plot progression was excellent. I’m assuming that you’re not working on the story (and it does end on a decent point), but there’s implication that it goes on and the story isn’t marked as “Complete”.
DreamFeathers chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Heh, funny one too. Hope you can keep a track of your thoughts and your two stories in line ;) Best of luck.
kiraglitter chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Wow... this needs to be finished so very badly. You always write so well.
JEREMY chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
You know,Alara,it might be possible that you COULD sell this story
to IDW Publications,since they currently do STAR TREK comics.

Just imaging the incredibly awesome artwork that could give this
tale some punch.

Marvel shouldn't raise THAT much hell over it.
JEREMY chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
This would make an interesting TV special.

Patrick Stewart could play Picard AND Charles Xavier(since he already has),and all he'd have to do is a costume change.

Data would call this...INTRUIGING.
MARscianimefiVEL chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
wow this is great. Please continue.

I actually had a similar idea for a while then i came apon this site. My idea was set up a little different though. ;
Kamai6 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Great!

Are you writing more?

Kamai6
Ender's Fangirl chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Wow! You totally have to continue this! It's such a great idea! Please say your planning on continuing? :)
Lumina Balderson chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
An interesting plot twist would be that every human in the Federation has the X-Gene, but the only one with it active is Wesley, who has a tail and opposable toes. (Codename: Chimpanzee). Doctor Crusher discovers a way to activate the X-Gene, and it spreads throughout the ship. Her mutation is that of Magma's. (Geokinesis) Riker has Polaris' Mutation. (Magnetic field control, Green hair.) Geordi is Technopathic. Deanna Troi has the full power of Jean Grey and is hosting the counterpart of Phoenix.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »