Reviews for A Preemptive Strike
snapeslady22 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
I like the idea you had of Hermione raising Tom Riddle as hers its brilliant
mrsProbie chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I really like the idea of Hermione raising Tom. It's very original and has a lot of room for interesting subplots.
ilovetheletterZ chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Yes please
uwishuwerecool chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
liked liked lots
yay chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
I like the idea of the alternate ending as well.
Elizzza chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
ok, I know it is six years since you wrote this story, but your suggestion at the end sounds like a good one (in fact I expected it towards the end of the story). If you still feel like writing a story where H raises Riddle, why not do it? I noticed you still published this August.
Miss Chikara chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Or you could write an alternate version where she raises him as her own, instead of him living devoid of the love and affection he deserved but missed as an orphan. That would certainly change the fabric of HP canon, but it would be an interesting read. Great work, here.
amsev chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Amazing. I think you should expand on this universe. Would be interesting to see where the evil comes from this time around...
colormeunique9259 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
I really liked this... but i think it's to short... you left a gap... a largely open gap... that really should be filled... your idea is wonderful, and the way you wrote was above average... : D (incase you couldn't tell, that was a compiment) an alternate ending would be good... and i like the idea, but i would also like to read about what happens "after" she kills Tom and (im guessing here) Lucius...
Nessa Blade chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
This was great!

I loved everything about it and the one thing i didnt like is that its only a one chapter story, so please continue.

I would love to see more of this kind of Hermione.

Anothet thing i want to point out is this passage

“If I am no longer as self-righteous as I once was, all the credit goes to you,” Hermione said. She doused the fire under her cauldron and picked up on of the vials. It was still warm, burning her hand slightly though she clenched it all the tighter. “I’ll see you around,” she told the man in the picture as she downed the rather vile-tasting potion.

“I think not, love,” she heard as the world around her dissolved, fading like a watercolor painting in the rain.

the " i think not, love " part trying to tell us something. Is Hermiones action going to result in Severus to not be with Hermione...I know i'm thinking to much into this, but its a really great idea and i would like to see this further developed.
notoriousreviewer chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
In a word, beautiful. You know, if I hadn't read the summary, I'd have thought that Hermione WAS going to raise him as her own. Of course, in a time-travel story, nothing is certain even in the end. Who knows what tiny thing may have triggered a change?

This was incredible, intense, and disturbing. Not just disturbing because of how Hermione changed, her relationships, and how she killed an infant, but also when you think of what comes after. Hermione is sacrificing everything, possibly unknowingly undoing everything she ever had. If Voldemort had never risen, and the present reformed itself, and Hermione was reborn as a different person...AGH! I'm beginning to think way too deep here!

Killing Voldemort in the past IS a unique solution, but it is a double-sided blade. I loved reading this, anyway.
Clever Lass chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Very nice, and certainly a unique way to solve the problem. Love the snarky portrait.

If I may cast my vote... I'd love to see this continued, just the way it is, with Riddle dying in infancy at Hermione's hand. What would happen? How would that change the wizarding world? Harry's parents would still be alive, for example, and Snape wouldn't be a Death Eater...

Or maybe she killed the wrong baby? Or maybe instead of Voldemort, a new Dark Lord arose? (Maybe one with the initials SS?)

It would be interesting to see where you could possibly go with this story as it is. I don't like the idea of Hermione taking the baby and raising it - the Hermione we know wouldn't take such a gamble like that. She would want to be sure.

At any rate, this was quite a cute little oneshot. Thanks for sharing it.
Undead Soldier Girl chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
Wow, you should make the alternative ending. I would love to read it. It was slightly saddening how she had to end a baby's life, even if he was to become Lord Voldemort.

Sincerely,

Miss LEvira Dark
Beware the Noble Heart chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
I like the idea of the alternate ending, as this is slightly depressing, but who am I to talk I'm slightly depressing. Anyways, how would that work? Tom Marvello Riddle was born about twenty-five years before Severus Snape, didn't he? If you think of a way, i'd be happy to read it. Email me if you do, please.

greeky
Droxy chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
That is a dark Hermione, one capable of murdering a baby. However, this fic has no clear ending, does Hermione get what she wants?