Reviews for Nightmare Syndrome
zeva100 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
"This is it. The big promised sequel to Nightmares Old Oaths"

were can i read this story? i love karasu and kurama and i didnt read the story that was suposes to come before this. can you send it to me? can yuou tell me were to find it? please i must know
Phoenix of Chaos chapter 17 . 8/30/2010
Hi, I really really love this story! I read it and it's prequel? a couple of years ago and I recently just found it again. I can not express in words how much I totally adore this story (it's what got me into the Yu Yu Hakusho fandom). Also, I hope you don't mind me asking what happened to the prequel (I know it has 'Nightmare' somewhere in the title and it isn't in your "story" list. It would be nice to know what happened to it and if I could read it anywhere else. Thanks, keep up the good work.
Kita Kitsune chapter 17 . 3/10/2010
Ah. I see.

The ending with Enma was satisfying. Partially because it was all YYH characters IN that scene, but eh...

I feel like I should have been more satisfied with this fanfic, but for some reason I wasn't. Hopefully things have changed in the five years since you started this.

Hope you're working on a novel of your own, by now.
Kita Kitsune chapter 10 . 3/10/2010
Mm. I liked the Kurama fight scene and that it took up half the chapter. Blah, blah, blah Mika's been infected, blah, blah...

Did like the Kurama fight scene, although it annoyed me that you just HAD to make another NEWSHINYCHARACTER! in 'Karasu's sister' where a random demon would've served just as well.

That fight scene made me feel a little better for skimming this far into/wasting this much time on this fic. Thanks.
Kita Kitsune chapter 9 . 3/10/2010
Only read part of this chapter, thus far, but I figured I'd make some comments.

Eh. I'm not big on OCs. It's fanfiction for a reason, and it almost feels like you're just using YYH as a vehicle for your own plot ideas and characters. Just write your own novel, why don't you? It's mind-numbingly boring to sit through the lengthy descriptions of Cloud or Mika or Alaster or anyone else you've thrust in here. Quite frankly, I've skipped through a lot of this story(sorry, I don't usually do that) until I see a YYH character's name and then I keep skimming.

Bah! Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but all this story does is grate on my nerves. I'll probably just keep skimming through to see if there's a conclusion. If not, no big deal. I'd just like to wade through all the pointless stuff-and oh, it is tedious to wade through-and see if there's a Kurama-Karasu confrontation.

Also: I don't think you have any business saying this story revolves around any one character. You should really change the characters listed from 'Kurama M. & Karasu' to just... no one, really.

Don't mean to be mean, but after about eight chapters of nothing happening it's starting to grate on my patience. Yes, we know there's an epidemic, yes it's awful, but what're they going to do about it? Yes, oh no, Koenma's being mind-raped by his dad but WHAT'RE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? Argh. It seems like the same themes chapter after chapter, and the story's going nowhere. It makes me leery of reading more.

I'm wordy, and your prose is even more purple than mine is. Bah. You could also use a beta. I've noticed numerous misspellings and mix-ups such as 'their' where 'they're' should be written and vice-versa.

Really. You shouldn't waste such in-depth character creation on fanfiction, and your OCs are great(really, objectively, they are very well put-together, physically, mentally and personality-wise), I just don't want to hear about OCs when I'm reading YYH fanfiction. The occasional one is all right, but you've got most of the story 'messed-up' with people who were never in YYH to begin with. What of Shura? Or Rinku? You could've done something with them, but no we had to make an entirely new cast of characters...

Saying that, I loved the Jin-Touya scenes before Touya went insane(and I liked the Touya-Shizuru scene-could've done without Cloud or Alaster, but eh...). And the Karasu-Touya scene was fun to read. The Kurama-Mika scene was eh, but only because we all know how Kurama acts. Old news.

Sorry. I guess I'm feeling particularly critical, today. xD Or frustrated. Or generally annoyed. Then again, maybe because I was expecting a fic that revolved around the YYH characters and how they're dealing with the world a century later-instead of one that revolves around OHNEWSHINYCHARACTERS! and their psychological dilemmas that get in the way of plot movement.

Bah...
Uma Thermus chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
I just re-read the story. I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. It had been a long enough time that I forgot how it ended, which was great. You write it so well you make it seem easy! The action and insanity must have been tricky to write but it comes off so well.

I noticed some of your stories were missing though, did they get taken off or did you take them off yourself?
Everqueen chapter 17 . 10/19/2007
What a very interesting story. I really enjoyed it. Karasu will always be my favorite YYH villian cause he is so demented and evil and you wrote him perfectly. Thanks for a great read.
pride1289 chapter 4 . 7/17/2007
yo. well i just want to know if u could sum this story up do far. im getting confused.
Scarlet Amaranth chapter 5 . 2/9/2007
I'm still at chapter 5 but I could tell that this will prolly be my favorite YYH fanfic. That was insane, poor Koenma and Touya! Your antagonists are deliciously sadistic o Karasu's my favorite YYH villain, too bad he died too quickly in the series, but your story made up for that and then some.
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 5 . 8/29/2006
No, no. Not too much of the Jin and Touya section. Make the whole story a Jin and Touya section, and I won't complain in the slightest.

That said, you're an evil person. Touya's going to go around spreading the virus now! He'd never want to do that! He was determined to die before that happened... But Kurasu beat him... You're simply evil to poor Touya! Not to mention Jin... What will Jin think when he comes back for Touya, or at least his corpse, and finds Touya in the madness of the sickness? Because he will come back. Touya didn't tell him not to.

And poor Koenma, too. *sigh* When did Enma become such a bastered? From what I remember he did what he thought was necessary. Never let personal feelings in at all.
Sir Gawain of Camelot chapter 4 . 8/29/2006
Oh, god. Touya's got the sickness. And the little girl. Well, actually, I know the little girl would have it, but...

And the way it's spread, I wouldn't be surprised if Jin had it too. His immune system would just be able to hold it for longer than Touya's, what with Touya's physical state and all...

You say the only one who can cure this disease is Kurama, yes? Get you butt out of Cambridge Massachusetts and go help Touya! And all those other sick folks, too, of course. But you said you weren't planning on having him show up until much later. Oh, god, Touya can't die! Considering his power level and all, the sickness should affect him both less and slower. But... you said that the more lucid one killed the patients around him? What if Touya attacks Jin!

Any way things go, they're going to get bad for Jin now... The only question I have is it they're going to get better later, of if they're going to stay bad? Will Jin lose his partner? That would be horrible!

And in my concern for my two favorite characters, I seem to have forgotten the other plot lines.

What did Karasu do to Shizuru? No, wait, let me guess at the identity of the demon Kazuma died facing. Am I partially right? Even if I am, I can tell there's much more to it than that.

And Cloud has stated what Karasu did to him. Exact details have not been had yet, but the general idea is there, unless you've thrown us all for a loop and left some key piece out. Which I'm finding more and more likely.

Enma seems to be a bad guy now, physically abusing his son, plotting to kill Boton and only you and he know what else. Koenma is trying to control the situation, but... Heh.

I seem to remember vaguely from the summery that Boton starts tracking down the Tantei? Makes sense, but Hiei's not been seen in the story yet. For the record, I don't believe for an instant he killed Mukuro.

Now I'm wondering just what Keiko gave up to live as long as Yusuke. Bargaining with demons doesn't come cheap. A severe discount would have to come from being married/mated/whatever to/with their king, but who knows.

And we still don't know how the talented, mad old ex-king of thieves fits into all this. He’s going to fit in, I'm sure. He seems to have almost paternal pride in Youko. xD
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Hm. Sequel? Should I read the first one? Interesting...so Kazuma's dead, but the rest are still around, but not in communication with one another. Looks good. Hiei is wanted for cutting down Mukuro? Strange...they seemed to understand each other so very well. And Kurama picked up where he had left off. Also somewhat unexpected, but not really surprising. Why am I commenting so mch on a preview? I must be tired. On to the story!
Pure Shikon chapter 17 . 7/4/2006
GREAT JOB! THIS WAS COMPLETLEY AWSOME! YOU WERE GREAT! YOU REALLY CHARACTERIZED THE CHARACTERS WELL! YOU'RE INSANE PEOPLE WERE GREAT! THE BEST EVER! WOW! SWEET JOB! YOU SHOULD WRITE MORE YU YU HAKUSHO FANFICS! SEE YOU NEXT TIME!
Princess Chihiro chapter 17 . 6/23/2006
Wow, I loved it! I was so glad to stumble upon your author's page a long while after I had read Nightmares: Old Oaths and find that you had written a sequel! I think it was even better than the original; way to go! One thing, though: I was a bit unsure as to what Cloud did afterwards. Not returning to the surface? I thought that maybe he should have talked to Shizuru or something one more time... But it was still great. I loved Mika and Alaster. YAY FOR YOU!
Pure Shikon chapter 2 . 6/23/2006
Last night I attempted to draw Cloud and I ended up with Dark's (from D N Angel) hair, Kuronue's clothes, and a mix between the 2 for the wings, although the colors were all different. Had to tell you since Cloud is your character. -