Reviews for The Fall & Rise of Creed Diskence
Inawva chapter 1 . 7/26
I am amazed and thoroughly entertained.
I love just how well you have captured their characters - not just their actions, but more so both of their hearts and the various emotions thereof - these two very different beings.
It feels believable, not just of how they were acting but of what they were doing, and I want to read more.

The only thing that was hard to understand is just why Creed was changing his way of speech before Train because of his pride - I don't well recall him being this way, as he always seemed to be open with all of his feelings - in front of everyone and even Because of his pride - because his inner confidence was always enough to not care about those things. But it makes me want to investigate and study his character in a little deeper detail now, as I haven't done so enough.

Thank You for this. You seem to be a true Writer with some good understanding of characters.
Wnan Quant chapter 71 . 6/28/2011
You know, you were on chapter 69 when I first found this story. I read through it in about two days, and was pleasantly surprised when there was a chapter 70. That was years ago. I hadn't even graduated high school yet. Now here I am in college, and I keep coming back to reread this story.

It was what inspired me to go into psychology. I'm not saying that the research that went into this story was flawless; everyone makes mistakes, but the alternate character interpretation and the character development really left an impression on me. Of course, it is an odd, even crazy, thing to say to someone that a major decision in my life was biased by fanfiction, but I hold no shame in that. These 72 chapters were simply amazing, and I'll leave that at that.

I keep clinging to a false hope that I'll see an ending to this masterpiece, but the realist in me sees that yet another year has rolled by. It was 2007 when chapter 72 was written, and now it is 2011. Four years.

I'll keep coming back, I'm sure. Maybe once, twice a year? Who knows? That's how powerful your story is. It draws people back, whether to revisit its contents or to see its ending through, whether there will ever be one or not.

Good luck to you and writings. I hope you go far. Someone with your talent surely can.

WQ
ozxiii chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
the chances of you continuing this fanfic are probably nonexistent... so i'd at least like to tell you how much I love this.

Honestly, each chapter is perfect. I didn't like Train at first in the beginning.. I didn't think that he was that cruel, but I kind of understood where he was coming from. And that was really the only fault to the story... and it wasn't even something bad. Everything after that was completely perfect. Train seems so childish and I love that. every other character is absolutely amazing too. And the way you portray Creed... it's beyond perfect. You gave him a much better back story than Kentaro Yabuki did and then you were able to maintain that. I was able to see how utterly messed up Creed was, but I could tell he was genuinely trying. Towards the end of the chapters, it seemed like Creed was starting to function more normally too... and honestly, I think you're the one who made me like Creed. I always thought he was just an... okay kind of character, but after reading this... I like him just as much as I like Train.

Well, I can't even properly express how much I love this story... and I don't want to go on because I might get too carried away and start rambling on and on, so I'll stop here. Just please, if you ever find the time, continue this story. It's gone so far, you can't just leave it like this!
orange sodap0p chapter 72 . 8/23/2010
Wow...this story is really fascinating. While I enjoyed the manga very much (i just finished rereading it last week), your take on Creed's past is much better, I think. I was kinda disappointed with the backstory Mr Yabuki Kentaro had given him. And while I was startled at how Creed crumpled to Train's feet at the beginning and was a little doubtful for how this was all going to work out, I'm pleased to see how everything unfolded and every action and scene feels very realistic to me. Or at least, it's handled as well as the original story that I think this alternate ending suits Black Cat very well.

I love how you handle the characters...the changes in them are all so subtle. Every now and then something will happen that'll catch me off guard (mostly Train's selfishness and extreme childish behavior), but after some thought, I can understand why he'd act that way. Kind of like he's picking up shards of his childhood from when it's been shattered to pieces, and is trying to put it back together and continue where it left off. Obviously he can act his age when needed, though, and you handle that very well, too.

I adore how you have Creed speak. I find myself googling phrases (I don't see it as a pain, I think it's fun) and when I do recognize one, I get excited, haha. He fits in so well with their little family unit, too. I enjoy reading the little squabbles he has with Sven, they are funny. Not to mention those online chats!

I noticed this hasn't been updated in a few years..and I hope that it isn't discontinued? If so, I can understand a drop in the fandom or interest in the story. I only ask because it has come so far (and probably has to go much farther) and..well..I simply don't want to get my hopes up of a continuation if there won't ever be one.

But I can't complain and I should take a lesson from Creed (haha) - what you've given so far is better than not having anything, even if nothing else follows. These 72 chapters are awesome )
anon chapter 72 . 4/7/2010
I have no words... this story is just amazing and your writing style adds a MASSIVE cherry on the top, if you know what i mean. Definitely the best 'Black Cat' story there is out there - realistic, interesting, enjoyable, long and a very terrific Creed indeed. I don't know why on earth this has so little reviews, it's flabbergasting really. I hope this changes.
Danala chapter 72 . 10/27/2009
You know, I'm surprised and more than a little disappointed that this story doesn't have more reviews, because I absolutely love this story. I'm positive others have said stuff like this, and that you know it already, but I'm going to go ahead and add to the heap of praise and sparkly rainbows. You are a fabulous writer. This is probably the one fanfic I've actually really, truly enjoyed from the BC archives. It's awesome that you're making this as realistic as possible by con-screw this. You know more about it than me, seeing as how you wrote it. I'm just here to be a cheerleader, as much as the thought makes me shiver. AH. I almost forgot. You *need* to update. I've got this very uncomfortable sinking feeling in my stomach right now from seeing that you haven't updated this in 3 years. Not smart. At least give us a little "don't worry, I'm still alive" message, please? Seriously, I will go on all your other stories and *nag* at you! Anyways, from your homepage it looks like you're aiming to be a professional writer, so good luck! I'm no expert (hell, I probably don't even count as an amateur) but from what I see you could definitely (maybe, possibly? It *is* something hard to achieve, after all :P) make that happen.
Destiny Quill chapter 72 . 5/17/2009
Wow... an amazing story. It's a masterpiece. Are you ever planning to continue? Have you moved on and left the fandom?

Ack, my nitpicky side won't let me post this review without commenting on two things. 'Through' is not spelt 'thru'. For a writer so talented as yourself, I am completely mystified as to how you could make that spelling error. And then there is 'hone', which you spell 'horn', oddly enough again.

Well, the concrit is much less than the praises. I'm off to re-read this... again!

~Quill
Bob the Almighty chapter 72 . 10/25/2008
I love this fic. It's one of the very few in this fandom that is actually worth reading (not that the Black Cat fandom is all that big anyway, sadly) and I'm happy to have found it. Anyway, I noticed that it's been a long time since it was last updated, so are you still writing it?
Rio 2.0 chapter 72 . 10/18/2008
I dunno how many times I may or may not have reviewed this fine piece of work before, but I must do it again.

Every time I read it, I cannot bring myself to stop. I fall in love with it all over again (even years later).

So I must say thank you for bringing me so much happy XD

I really do appreciate all your talent and the efforts you have so gallantly put into this writing.

I do realize that you are busy, and I wish you the best of luck in life and the future, but I do hope this is continued relatively soon, and I look forward to that day.

I WILL BE THERE like the crazed obsessive stalker I am.

Shiz
just a fan chapter 72 . 8/22/2008
I was just wondering if you would continue. I love this story and it seems left right when the good stuff between Trian and Creed was about to happen. If you don't want to continue it, can you do an epilogue? Please? Pretty, pretty please?
Ookami chapter 3 . 8/15/2008
God I started crying while reading this...

Creed is one of my favorite characters, I personally think that he really does truly love Train and this fanfic is really well done of things from his point of view
BlackBirdXIV chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
I read this story every time I enter this site. It has pure amusment and cuteness that leaves the reader wanting more. I like that. Please update soon! (BTW- some character names are misspelled, just so you know)
Dominican Kitsune chapter 72 . 6/4/2008
Oh wow... I can't remeber when I started reading this... but I finally finished. I hope that you can update soon...
sarloos chapter 70 . 3/13/2008
I'm from Florida, the weird things that happen to them are very true. Particularly if the were in Alligator Alley during the bit with the alligator :)
Belle chapter 72 . 2/1/2008
I love your story. You have taken the time to really build your characters into real, three dimensional people. I especially love the time and effort you put into Creed's insanity. I really hope you continue this story and am eagerly looking forward to what happens next. Keep up the good work!