Reviews for Sometimes A Cigar
Tylec Asroc chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
Starting off calm and only growing with humor as the team ribs the boss behind his back, this is as much speculation on Zaizen as it is a cute look into the characteristics - innocent Robin, Karasuma the 'older sister' and Michael the observer (a characteristic that I think makes him the most appropriate narrator). I wonder if it's worth noting how Sakaki takes the mystery from a younger, pop-culture angle, while Miho approaches from literature and more educated sources.

This was a nice opportunity to portray the lighter side of STN-J office relations.
wellduh chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
I liked that. Keep up the good work!
Rhiannon B chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
I liked that quite a lot... Your characterization of the STN-J members is flawless, and some of their off-the-wall theories are really funny. I like the idea that Zaizen was a Marx Brothers fanatic. ;) I was also impressed by how well you write in the first-person - it's not easy to do, and do well, but you pull it off nicely.
PomegranateQueen chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
heh, nice
Winter Still chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
wow...I'm in awe. That was beautiful. Simple in a good way. It's
TitianWren chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
I can totally see the crew having this discussion about Zaizen's cigar, of all things. Although, we do see him light up a few times in the series, so obviously he smokes it. Can't you have your phallic symbol and smoke it too? :-)

Anyway, this is a highly appropriate eulogy to Zaizen. There's no love lost for the man, no feint praise, no condemnation. Just, "He's gone, and we never did figure out the deal with his cigars." Nice.
DarkPyroPlanet chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Hm...I don't really know what to say about this little one-shot thingy. I'm assuming it was from Michaels point of view, ne? Well...let's flowed well. The grammer and spelling were quite good. It all came together in the end. I guess there was a little humor in there, along with some subtle angst. It was very good overall...I just don't really konw how to desctibe it... Anyway, keep up the good work, I'll be looking for more updates from you in the future. Arigato and sayonara for now!

Parnoid chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
The world may never know. Well put.