Reviews for Cold
this was really good
Gladiel chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Wonderfully written :)
Frostings chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
Very nicely written. I have to agree with one reader that you did not write Sakura as, "Well, he doesn't love me... Ok, next!" 'Cos I'm an avid SasuSaku fan myself, haha. But you wrote this KakaSaku beautifully. :)
Seppuku Doll chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
god, everyone grew up so accurately. this really was a beautiful fic. really. it was emotional and well-written while not being too fluffy, which it easily could have been. wow. just wow.
Luminara Unduli chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
An incredible piece, very realistic and complex. I will definitely check out your other works.
Neptune47 chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
You. Are. Awesome. So I opened this with a little trepidation. I do read other pairings, but there are few that I have actually enjoyed. But damn, this blew me a way. Kaka/Saku was introduced and evolved in a completely believable way!

And on top of that, it wasn't just a KakaSaku. There was so much more going on than just them...a something for everyone kind of deal. For example:

"But then, when he was clinging more to the past than he could admit, missing not just the one who had left willingly but also Naruto, who was so busy on missions, and her, who he was starting to see in a whole different light, he had said nothing."

Good old-fashioned Team 7 relationships. I really loved your analysis of Kakashi's relationship to each of his teammates. Sakura, once very much in the background, now very much the center of his life. Naruto, the loud mouth who he learned he could always depend on, even though he hadn't been the best teacher. And Sasuke, the one he'd held as the most important, the most like him...the one who wound up hurting him the most.

"But it was a stubbornness of his never to admit how attached he had been to the boy."

That really got me. I got a good amout KakaSasu friendship from this story. I really loved how you incorporated that so subtly into the story. The wounds that Sasuke inflicted were still fresh for everyone. But rarely is how all this affects Kakashi (who says that they are the same) explored. So thank you for that.

"The night that he left, that little girl went with him."

And there was a slight tint of SasuSaku in this too! I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked how you played this relationship. It wasn't the generic 'she realized that he didn't love her so she moved on.' No, he really broke her heart, and THAT changed her. Her feelings for him were strong enough that they'd always be floating somewhere inside of her, because your past is a part of who you are. But she's become older and wiser, and she knows that her furute lies with another man.

"Keep your promise, Naruto, and I'll treat you to ramen for the rest of your life."

I really liked this line. It was funny, but backed with a lot of emotion.

Finally, is it wrong that the most emotional part of this story for me was Sasuke's death. That was perfect. I got all emotional when Sakura said that Naruto delievered the final blow, and she held him as he died. She is always the most ready to forgive him, which makes this extra sweet. I like that she acknowledges that she needs to check on Naruto to see if he's okay. He's done a lot for all of them, and I'm glad they're taking care of him too.

So to summarize, story fantastic. And yay! ShikaIno and KakaSasu friendship! I can't wait!
Jewel Song chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Oh. My. Gosh! *TACKLE GLOMP* I LOVE YOU! XD That was like, so awesome. The best ever! I've been having the worst day, and this just made it all better! *huggles you* I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I do hope your write that KakaSaku series...you KNOW I'd read it!

And of course, you know I'm a SasuSaku fan too, seeing as I'm addicted to 'Between the Shadows and the Soul'. I also hope Sasuke doesn't die, but I'm getting scared with all the fics that have logic to back it up. ; Anyway, thank you SO much for writing this, I love it! You're the best! XD
38 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3