Reviews for Beautiful Burden
CursesRevenge chapter 6 . 7/7/2023
Excuse me for a moment, I must go find the pieces of my heart that have been scattered around the room.

*two hours later* Alrightie, I’m back. Poor Knuckles. I wish the Controller would come back to him. She did it before, so surely she could do it again. It’s horrible that Knuckles killed her. All he did to protect her, and he killed her. :( Actually, right up until the last chapter I thought it was some super powerful OC that you made up, not an actual “character.” I’m glad I read it all the way through, though. Thank you for posting this beautiful thing!
Frozen Nitrogen chapter 6 . 7/26/2008
Damnit all.

I'd managed, through a combination of arrogance and ignorance, to convince myself that my stories were quite good; or at least of a similar calibre to those of my contemporaries. But this has blown my hubris out of the water. I'm moderately displeased about that, in truth.

This story cannot be improved.

"Ivo … his eyes were hidden in darkness, and a longing for friendship created the illusion of kind smiles where grinned secret malice."

One sentence, there, describes Robotnik better than I've done in 30 thousand words. This is symptomatic of your entire fic. Poor writers put in too little description. Slightly less poor writers like me put in too much. YOU describe things with a succinct relevance which, like the third bowl of porrige, is ju-u-u-u-ust right.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go mope, being so soundly crushed at the game of prose.
keem chapter 6 . 5/31/2008
wow. i... wow. there are just no words.

to say i loved it would be an understatement. i think this might possibly be the best piece of sonic fan fiction out there. it's certainly the best *i've* ever read. it's amazing, and it's definitely going onto my favorites. you're amazing.
Bruce Pendragon chapter 5 . 3/14/2008
I usually pride myself on giving meaningful and useful reviews, reviews that comment both on the strentghs and the weaknesses of the work. In this case, however, I am at a loss. I haven't finished reading yet, but thus far I can find little requiring attention or imporvement, with one possible exception. We could have stood for a little more exploration of Rouge's character. She does come across as kind of a two-dimensional villain. Even that, however, may well have been your intention. Needless to say, this story is going on my favorites list. Well done.
Taranea chapter 6 . 7/3/2007
*sad, happy, wistful sigh*

sadly, I cant write down my true feelings here since the dictionary insists that my state of emotion does not exist in the english language and it wont give me a translation for that word which describes the aftertaste your story left me with right now...

well, as the hopeless romantic I am this ending would call for tissues. but then again, it leaves enough free space to imagine them meeting again, on some nights when the moon is just right, perhaps...

anyway, Im happy that it was actually as I had thought it would be. your stories are so well thought through, nothing seems out of place and events are leading up to each other, I love that.

side note: does vanilla and cream not exist in your sonicverse? because thats where i would have sent emerald...or has knuckles simply never met them?

well, another wonderful story ends. Of course I feel pity for knuckles...just wishing youd do a sonic team story adaption as well, let him have a taste of freedom...but the master emerald actually being a...well, being (XD) is a beautiful idea. gives it a lot more feeling when it shatters in all those games...thank you for writing down your thoughts in story on that.:)
Taranea chapter 5 . 7/3/2007
wow, was that hyper knuckles? just saw him once or twice in the archie comics...or your own, personal super form of him?

hmm, as a sonic fangirl, your description of him by knuckles hurt...and I noticed that he indeed never showed up directly in any of your fics ive read . I would love to see him written by you one day...is there a reason you shy away from him?

and a painful ending of this chapter, too...but the fight was good.;)

on to the last!
Taranea chapter 4 . 7/3/2007
huh, theres rouge again. 'twisted perversion of motherhood' was beautiful. Your bat sure is one of the most frightening characters Ive seen in fanfics so far...right along with robo knux and tails doll. I adore her. ;)

in your vision of the sonic universe, does she love knuckles at all? judging from this fic the answer would be "hell, NO!", but I was wondering whether there might be something underneath that which can only be seen when you write from rouges perspective...

well, the echidna girl seems to have a close connection to the master emerald, so so far my thoughts still run wild. additonally, she can manipulate the energy so well. hmm...
Taranea chapter 3 . 7/3/2007
be-*aut*-iful.

Its nice how you can make someone whod drive me personally up the wall in ten minutes still appealing to the readers...was sarah the girl from fallen angel? did knux ever meet her?

I think knuckles acts very human in this fic. I love your characters, they are always so well-rounded!

side thought: 'emerald' would strike me as a fitting name for her. :) Im not excatly sure when it started, but it must have been at the beginning of this chappie, when shes feeling the stone underneath her paws...you compared her to a blind one then, and I thought: shes not blind, just mute...and then: hey, the master emerald can speak to knux, but not see or feel. so the emerald and the girl would complete each other perfectly!

then I had the funny idea that this stranger might be an incarnation of the emerald...finally come to meet its guardian in flesh and blood. right now it would explain a lot...they share a lot of traits, beauty, fragility, colour of eyes and her jewellery, being useless, being guarded by knux, giving him joy and pain alike...oh god, im rambling again. well, just goes to show how good your stories are, they inspire your readersimagination so much.
Taranea chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Heh, here we go again - since I cant wait for you to continue the chaotix series, I thought I might as well read your other stuff. ;)

(well, except for your how-shadow-came-to-be story. I am writing my own one at the moment and reading your awesomeness would make me feel bad and unable to continue)

the summary is awesome, by the way. and I think good summaries are even rarer to find than a good story...

a very nice beginning. looks like tikal right now...and is it just me or are the lyrics at the beginning vaguely master-emerald shaped? .
The Dragon Lover chapter 6 . 1/14/2007
Oh my god, I am crying! That was such a beautiful story! I really like it! It's on my favorites now. Please write more like this.

DL - Dragon Lover
Awdures chapter 6 . 12/8/2006
Fantastic.

Clever plot had me going all along - I never saw the ending coming.

Nice characerisation all around, though the girl bordered on sacharine at times.

I loved seeing Rouge as a 'proper' nasty baddie - there's not enough of that about!
EmeraldsAndAmethyst chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
This is a really great story, and I don't think that I've ever heard of this idea before. You kept the characters in character and really captured the mood of the scenes. Good job.
GunsnArmor chapter 6 . 11/22/2005
:C that was really sad. i couldnt stop crying. i never knew stories cold be so sad. im even crying right now while im writing really know how to make someone cry. man, i feel like killing myself because im so sad.
dragonshadow595 chapter 6 . 1/27/2005
wow...i mean wow...thats was so touching i felt like crying because i dont want anything horrible like that happening to my knuxy...*sniff*...it was so beautiful though...
Dr. Sipp chapter 6 . 7/21/2004
*clapclapclap*

That was wonderful. You handled Rouge wel, regardless, and Knux really well. I feel kinda bad for him now :

Beautifuul, Tylec!