Reviews for Son of the Steward
Rhyolight04 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I have been thinking about Beregond, lately. He didn't make it into the movie.

But you did a nice job with Faramir, who deserved better than the movie gave him.
zoe alice chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I had my hand over my mouth, breathing, "Ohhhhhhhhh..." right up until the last line, where I started laughing.
Indigo1100 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
A lovely series. I really liked Faramir in the movie, and felt very bad for him when Denethor treated him like he did. I like how you capture them all there, tracing it out like that- the childhood, the promise and the promise coming true, the near-death, the knowledge, the grief, and yet happiness, at least some, in the end. I like how you show Boromir too, not always sensitive to how he treats people, but dutiful, and he does care, too. I liked your continuation of the scene with Denethor, that Faramir doesn't just take all that in silence. And I like the thing with seeing in his eyes, and the prophesy and such- that was really well done, the way you wrote it. Thanks!
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Oh this is so lovely!

Eowyn: Then we shall begin another one.

Well it's a hard job Eowyn, but someone has to do it...
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
That was really cool. I liked the way you covered his entire life with just a few words that were so well placed. If you were to add another one, I would add one before his mother died. Thanks!
Arahiril chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
I admire you for being able to keep to the 100-word limit. It's too hard for me to do that whenever I drabble! *teehee* These were very well-done, and I especially liked the fact that they were all about different topics. Good job!
shukuchi chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
Thanks very much for dedicating this to me! Anyways, my comments: good job portraying Faramir's life in those few scenes! It makes Boromir less dislikable for his brother's life(if that makes any sense). Extremely good story! You just keep getting better and better (which, considering how good you already are, is extremely impressive) ! Write more fanfics!
shirebound chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
What a wonderful trip through Faramir's life. And this is so chilling:

“Faramir, I swear to you that the Horn of Gondor will be cloven in two before I abandon this land.