Reviews for Past Sins
erik chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
A great backstory that fits into canon.
Drink Sparky Cola chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
Hmm, this is a interesting story. Very peculiar take on Wash’s past. As for the Book-plot point, about him being connected to the battle of Serenity, and that’s why he wanted to fly with the ship, I think you are completely correct. I’ve had many schools of thought regarding who the dear Shepard really is, but the one I keep coming back to, and the one I’m most willing to believe in, is that he was a high-ranking officer for the Alliance once, but feels terrible about the atrocious things he did, and plans to atone for them by hiding his past and becoming someone new, someone know one would suspect of horrors as he is guilty of: someone, a preacher.

Anyway, the story got a lot better and more clear near the end, but you did have a number of spelling errors in it, and several times you referred to Mal as Mel. Also, I believe you meant ‘Inara’ the several times you said ‘Irena’.

I think this story could have been much longer, because it’s such a unique and complex idea. The way you wrote it captured my interest nonetheless, but it had the potential to be a much longer fic, which is why I sort of feel you rushed it a bit.

Anyway, it’s interesting filler, and you could certainly continue, should you decide to or not, but it’s up to you.

Keep writing

Kara
Light Spinner chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
That was interesting. I only had two problems and they were small. It's Inara not Irena. And the war ended shortly after the Battle of Serenity six years before the beginning of the series, not eight.
BE-A-TLE chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
Intresting take! I enjoyed it. I like how you worked Book in there, great twist, never would have figured it. Good job!
EloraCooper4 chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
You really must continue this! I have often seen the connection between Book and the allience but throwing Wash amoung that is so great! I also liked how you had River know what was going on and Zoe get upset. I would hope she would ;) Very nice job and you MUST continue this idea. I want to see how the rest of the ship will react to Book. I doubt that Mal and Zoe will be as forgiving as Wash. Espically Zoe now she has one more reason to hate the Allience...nice job.