Reviews for Too Many Shards
Blacktablet chapter 21 . 11/21/2009
Oh wow. I mean, oh WOW. I've had this story on my to read-list for a while and had no idea it would be this _good_. You create such a detailed world using the FR setting that it reads more like original fiction with some published characters making guest appearances. Winter's hometown, the nature of the Underdark, the wolves, Mekkane, your original characters... I'd be very happy to read more about them indeed!

Even though I must admit that at some points Winter's skills and intelligence smelled faintly of Mary Sue, but only very, very faintly. Truth to be told, she was a delight to read because even though she is awesome and amazing and delightful in general, she is not a Mary Sue. Winter was one of my favourite characters, along with Kel and Rai'gy. :)

As for the story itself, I liked it. The intrigue, travelling in the Underdark, Jarlaxle figuring things out quickly, the inclusion of Entreri, the freezing of Menzoberranzan (by gods, that was _brilliant_ and so well-written) and the final battle. Oh wow, again. You also dropped so many hints to what has gone on before, I'm itching to read the Twin Swords, really. A shame you haven't uploaded it...

The thing I like the most is that you dismissed the way every drow is made out to be cruel, evil, immoral etc. in official FR fiction. I agree with the notion that because RAS writes a whole lot from Drizzt's pov, what we see cannot be the whole truth, ie. there has to be other drow cities than Menzo and Ched Nasad, other ways of living than mindless servitude to Lloth.

So yeah, I enjoyed this very much and hope to see you writing more about Winter (and Kel, and Rai'gy, and the tagnik-zur in Mekkane, and Jarlaxle and- you get my point _~).
I-En-Tee-Jay chapter 21 . 2/25/2009
Wow! Nicely done, but it does seem to leave a couple of loose ends, gonna browse your other work now.
Sharkbite chapter 21 . 3/31/2005
wow! i've actualy read it now, and you are a really good writer! i'm also in the process of reading "Insanity in General" and thats really good to!
sharkbite chapter 21 . 2/11/2005
Hey, i read this on dragonslibrary or whatever! Cool!
Dan Ruffolo chapter 19 . 4/30/2001
Very well written especially given the difficulty of the perspective. I didn't have time to read the whole thing, but what i did read was very well done indeed.

Devonin